over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloodwork DIY TRT

dadocsis

Newbies
Just got back blood work and need to tweak my protocol. Been on 200mg test c once a week. *Note the blood was taken 3 days post shot so test was probably at peek.

Testosterone, Serum 1094 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone,Free 53.93 HIGH 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone 4.93 HIGH 1.50-4.20 %
Estradiol 72.4 HIGH 7.6-42.6 pg/mL TA
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 15.7 LOW 16.5-55.9 nmol/L

Obviously E is way too high (Explains Low Libido) but I find it interesting that my shbg is low (which explains the high FT).

My plan is to tweak my protocol to: (Read this from another forum and seemed solid)

50mg Test C every 3 days + .25 arimidex.

This may seem like too much of a drop in test but my logic is since my free test is so High and shbg is low I really don't need to be on the high end of the spectrum. At this point I want to get my sex drive solid and just be generally healthy. Any thoughts?

you are trying to change 2 things at one time. that will make it more difficult to fine tune where you want to be. i would adjust 1 factor then retest, so you know what is going on.

Buck thanks for your input.I am really just trying to get my e in check.

Sent from my C525c using Tapata

as you are cutting your weekly T dose in half then splitting it twice a week that may be all you need to lower your E significantly. your E will be going down with your new protocol, adding arimidex at this point could tank your E to low and that would still cause an unhealthy situation.

I am going trying to fine tune my TRT as well. I agree with Buck, either add the adex or cut the test and do BW again. 1094 still has you in range.

Agreed. I will ditch the ai and retest next month.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

Good job on getting the blood work. I'm a big fan of AIs. If nothing else (and there is more than nothing else), it helps control my backne.

25mg/day Proviron is what i run with my trt. works like a charm

for me going from 100mg a week to 80mg made a big difference. Much better sex drive and overall well being. When using 100mg my T was 1100, at 80mg im at 750 and no E problems.

How was your Free Testosterone measured?

Centrifugal ultrafiltration, Equilibrium dialysis, Direct immunoassay test or Calculated free testosterone? It should say on the lab assay, towards the bottom left side.

The Equilibrium dialysis is consider the most accurate followed by Centrifugal ultrafiltration, as the Calculated free testosterone is comparably equal to Centrifugal. And the Direct measurement is highly inaccurate.

With a calculated configuration of your FT would be difficult, as we don't know what your Albumin levels are. If we assumed yours is at 4.5g/dL (which is about normal, hydration status and other causes move Albumin ←→) So if we took (TT) 1094 ng/dL /(Albumin) 4.5g/dL (SHBG) 15.7 nmol/L= 34.7 ng/dL→3.7% for Free Testosterone and for Bio available Testosterone= 851ng/dL→ 77.8%. This is quite a bit lower than on your labs.

Also, you may or not be aware, SHBG is not only regulated by Testosterone and Estrogen(s) more specific Estradiol. Insulin (insulin resistance lowers SHBG as hypoglycemia raises SHBG) Progesterone, Growth hormone, Thyriod hormone (hyperthyroidism raises SHBG as hypothyroidism lowers SHBG). Outside of Androgens driving SHBG lower, insulin resistance can effectively lower SHBG in the same manner. I'm not suggesting that you have diabetes, more of a FYI that there's other influences on SHBG.

There's other causes that can have an indirect influence on SHBG, I think you get the gist.

Is your Testosterone from a compounded pharmacy, UGL or pharmaceutical grade, and how many lab's have you had? 200mg and only pulling 1094ng seems a little low.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input Stewie. That's a lot of info. The Ft was measured using Equilib. (That was spelled out like that in the heading.) Albumin was 4.6

I agree that my total T seemed low for 200 mg. I'm using ug gear from a well respected sponsor here. yes this was my first bloodwork (I know its a shame but will be getting tested regularly from now on)

About the insulin resistance... Aside from more bloodwork would a morning blood sugar test suffice? I actually have some test strips in hand.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members