over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bloodwork for thyroid while on t3??

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
my g/f's about to get a blood test, get her thyroid checked out ect... anyway she asked me if the t3 shes been on, well off now about 3 weeks is going to conflict with the test.. she posted it on a different board but no luck with an answer so im trying here because I know thiers a lot more knowledge here, so yea this is just quoting her Post:

"i have to get blood tests done this week (annual regular check up at my Dr.) I have been off winny for a while now and just wondering what T3 might do to my tests. Will it make my thyroid appear overactive? I dont want to tell my Dr. i was on anything but I wanted to know what affects any of this might have on the test.

I know this is sort of an advanced ?.. but i have been looking for articles and no luck yet.

thanks!!

cali"

just tell her to reschedule her appointment to avoid any conflict with her doctor.. i would say give it 2-3 more weeks to be on the safe side.. plus it all depends on her dosages also.. again this is no DOC knowledge like brent d. might have...haha..

Take care,

GJ

I was in this same position on my last blood test. I was on low dose T3. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is the value they are are going to be looking at. If she is supplementing with T3, then her TSH will be low. How low is anyone's guess - depends on dose and how long she has been off, but no real way to predict it. She could just end up at the low end of the normal scale or be fully suppressed.

The doc is going to interpret this as her being hyperthroid. Typical symptoms he will ask her about are tachycardia, jitteriness, hot flashes or sweating, distal eybrow hair loss, dry, flaky skin, etc.

If she really does not want the doc to know about the T3, then have her wait a few more weeks and she should have mostly normalized by then.

i stopped at 100mcg a day didn't even taper down and had my bloodwork done 2 weeks later and my test came back as normal as normal could be... i was surprised to say the least... so unless she has legit thyroid probs i would venture to bet she tests out fine.

The wife went through the same thing 2wks after she was off, her blood work was all screwed up,naturally she blamed me..doc had her in 2wks later and it straightend out...scared her to death doc told her she could permanently mess up her thyroid,etc,.....the wife won't touch the stuff again, .....just more for me:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear