over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloodwork

fairtex89

Newbies
Hi

About 6 years back i was feeling like crap, low energy, libido, mood etc. Went to the doctor to get it sorted out. I remember asking him if it could be low T. He did not believe it could be that, but took a blood sample. A few days later he called me with the results. He told me my testosterone was in normal range and said i should look into my diet and sleep to see if that would help. I did not ask what my numbers where at the time because i just believed in his interpretation of the results. About a year later i started using steroids for bodybuilding, and i felt like a million bucks. I've stayed on (Blast & Cruise ever since).

Just now i started digging online in my medical journal to see if i could find the results of that bloodwork, and i found it.

At the time i was 25 years old, and these where my numbers

Total test - 16 (ref range 8-35 nmol/l)
SHBG - 39 (ref range 8-60 nmol/l)
Free test - 4,1 (ref range 2,6 -10,8 nmol/l)

He did not measure E2 for some reason.

I dont know if the measurements are the same as in the states (I'm from Norway). But maybe someone could tell me if this looks like normal levels for a 25 year old ?

Hi

About 6 years back i was feeling like crap, low energy, libido, mood etc. Went to the doctor to get it sorted out. I remember asking him if it could be low T. He did not believe it could be that, but took a blood sample. A few days later he called me with the results. He told me my testosterone was in normal range and said i should look into my diet and sleep to see if that would help. I did not ask what my numbers where at the time because i just believed in his interpretation of the results. About a year later i started using steroids for bodybuilding, and i felt like a million bucks. I've stayed on (Blast & Cruise ever since).

Just now i started digging online in my medical journal to see if i could find the results of that bloodwork, and i found it.

At the time i was 25 years old, and these where my numbers

Total test - 16 (ref range 8-35 nmol/l)
SHBG - 39 (ref range 8-60 nmol/l)
Free test - 4,1 (ref range 2,6 -10,8 nmol/l)

He did not measure E2 for some reason.

I dont know if the measurements are the same as in the states (I'm from Norway). But maybe someone could tell me if this looks like normal levels for a 25 year old ?
I am not sure how they do it in Norway.. but if those are your baseline numbers compared to the range of normal. Just by looking you are at the very low range of normal. Your numbers are half. In the states they go by nanograms. So for a 35 yr old man normal is between 450 to 1000nanograms. When I got tested mine was 270nanograms.. that was the low range. Yours were comparable to this. He screwed you and it is hard to find a dr to prescribe test to patients. They don’t understand it and they don’t think it’s important to men’s health... how old are you now...what are you on now.??

I am not sure how they do it in Norway.. but if those are your baseline numbers compared to the range of normal. Just by looking you are at the very low range of normal. Your numbers are half. In the states they go by nanograms. So for a 35 yr old man normal is between 450 to 1000nanograms. When I got tested mine was 270nanograms.. that was the low range. Yours were comparable to this. He screwed you and it is hard to find a dr to prescribe test to patients. They don’t understand it and they don’t think it’s important to men’s health... how old are you now...what are you on now.??
Your information isn't even remotely accurate, his results are not comparable to yours. His levels are equivalent to 462 ng/dl which is completely normal. Diet, exercise, and reduced bodyfat could easily increase that number significantly. To suggest that someone with these numbers needs to be taking testosterone for the rest of their lives is absurd.

Your information isn't even remotely accurate, his results are not comparable to yours. His levels are equivalent to 462 ng/dl which is completely normal. Diet, exercise, and reduced bodyfat could easily increase that number significantly. To suggest that someone with these numbers needs to be taking testosterone for the rest of their lives is absurd.
Well then I take it back. Maybe I misunderstood the numbers. I was trying to compare them to us tests.
I was not suggesting that he should be on trt, but by his post and he is using supplements anyway. I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that his levels equate to 450ng. But I guess if you are going by US testing standers then perhaps you are right. but if that’s what it was when his dr tested him that would be why a dr would not bother with therapy. My number when I was 35 was around 250.. now when I go to the dr my level can range all the way to 1000+. But that’s ok by my drs standards. Maybe he’s a quack. Haha I don’t know. But I never said for him to on to therapy. That’s a choice. And btw I hope I never have to walk around with a test level of 450.

I wouldn't wish 400 level test value on anybody! I think if your natural levels aren't at least 500 and you're over 30, you should at least consider TRT. Whether or not you want to have a kid would factor in.

Its definitely not "absurd" to consider TRT with test value around 400 in your mid 30s.

I wouldn't wish 400 level test value on anybody! I think if your natural levels aren't at least 500 and you're over 30, you should at least consider TRT. Whether or not you want to have a kid would factor in.

Its definitely not "absurd" to consider TRT with test value around 400 in your mid 30s.
Several points: People utilize testosterone differently, some people naturally have lower levels but do not experience symptoms of low T. Bodyfat levels greatly affect testosterone levels, aromatase is found in fat cells, bigger fat cells mean more aromatase, E2 is what tells the body to make less testosterone. Exercise increases testosterone levels. Diet can affect testosterone levels as well. Also, being married lowers testosterone :D

Someone who hasn't addressed at least some of these factors shouldn't consider TRT until they do. Otherwise, they are just looking for a justification to use testosterone recreationally. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

For many of us, we have found the ideal way to do that is to give yourself a shot every day for the rest of your life, and at the very least 2x per week. Personally, this doesn't both me at all, but I use testosterone recreationally as well as for TRT.

Totally agree with your points. I'm only speaking from my personal experience, anything below 600 test level is pretty miserable. Maybe I ruined myself though hanging out at 1500 for so many years... :D

Thanks for the response everyone, been away from the forum for a while.

I would've thought those numbers, at that age, and with the symptoms i had it could be low, or at least not something to be dismissed completely. I understand everyone is different and function differently at various hormone levels. I did however feel alot better when i went on, altough abviously with other negatives sides when incorporating different anabolics and going high dosage etc.

i've only went off once, one year ago trying to get my wife pregnant. Was off for about 1 month, using HCG and she got pregnant. My daughter is one year old on saturday. Since she was born i've calmed down quite a bit, and the blast and cruise has become more just cruising. Trying to find where i feel my best, health, mood, energy, libido etc. Right now i run 210mg Test.E ew and feel great.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws