over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blown out back, any suggestions?

Vanilla Thunder

Registered
Newbies
Alright, I know I'm not the only person here dealing with this, so I'm in process of putting together a leg routine for the next 9-12 months and I'm looking for some personal experience.

I have 2 sets of ruptured discs, and a herniated set above those. To add insult to injury, not only are my lower vertebrea toast, but they are angled down to the left by several degrees, and my bottom left vert actually now rests on my hip bone (yes I can feel it and it is painful). Since they're not straight, the structural integrity of my back is compromised, and squatting with a weight of any hypertrophic consequence is not an option. And damn to I miss squatting, I've reinjured myself twice by not giving it up, anyway. I'm now in severe pain again (first time in a year) from doing heavy leg presses last week, and I've decided I'm done with those. I'm gonna be out for at least a month now, and when I return, I need to change things up.

About me: Legs are my #1 priority, I need to GROW. Since 4 years ago when the original injury occurred, I haven't been able to go 100%, or even really 80% on leg day, and my legs, while staying suprisingly big, have fallen somewhat behind. I plan on doing a show next September, and I'm looking for a plan of attack to pack some mass on my legs for the 11 months I have to go. I already plan on getting a reverse hyper, for training hams, and rehabilitating my lower back. Other than that, I'm looking into things right now.

For anyone with SERIOUS back problems, what machines / equipment / brand name have you found lets you torture your legs without wrenching your back (regardless of proper form)?

Here are some other things I've been looking at, anyone know about or have experience with any of these?

-IronMind Hip Belt (just to some kind of squats, back loading is not going to be an option for quite awhile)

-Westside Barbells Cable Belt Squat machine. (looking for experience with this and how it would be for a bad back, haven't been able to find much info)

-I've heard Hammer Strength's two leg presses are good for the lame such as myself, and the H-Squat machine.

Any ideas? What has worked really well for building legs for you guys? Thanks for any help and / or advise, I appreciate it. These have been a very frustrating couple years and I need to get this sorted out. Take Care.

Lucky for me, at my old age (!) and 20+ years of hard lifting I dont have a bad back, never did (knock on wood). But wife is an athelete and just had back surgery (herniated disk) 1mo ago and cant lift at all until next Summer. Anyone with this bad experience (back surgery) know whats with that? No disk fussion, just some bone and disk shaving to relieve pressure on nerve and allow disk to move back into place.

Anyway I symphatize. Have you been operated on? Is that inevitable? If so what would your fully recovered state allow?

Good luck-INJURIES SUCK! :(

In 1993 I only herniated a disc, but is was so bad the DOC wanted to operste right away. I rehabed myself and now I am 100% without surgery. I had to change my lower body training dramatically...also I stretched and improved my strength in the ab and lower back department.

I could not hold the squat bar on my back....sit for 2 minutes...sneezing killed me....sleep...sex was a chore without showing pain( I bet I had some good faces :) ). Anything was difficult...

my advice is to strengthen your lower back and abs 4 times a week...stretch the hamis.

I also...hung for 10 minutes at a time with my knees bent to elongate my spin and try and visualize the discs moving back into place...sounds corny, but I am 100% today because of it.

MikeS said:

Anyway I symphatize. Have you been operated on? Is that inevitable? If so what would your fully recovered state allow?

Good luck-INJURIES SUCK! :(

No operations. It's so bent up there is not much they can do, and my particular doctor, who's pretty highly regarded, didn't think it would a good idea for me (in that he wasn't even sure it would help very much, and only a fractional possibility anyway). I haven't been to the Doc for 2 years now because when the original injury occured I was under a group plan at work. But then I moved and began working part time while I went to law school, and was denied medical insurance by everyone. I've been on a totally ghetto plan that costs a fortune and covers basically nothing. I'm going to pursue it, just later when I'm better covered.

It works out because I graduate in May, and will start working full time again in September or October. This way I can train all the way up to my show, and if surgery will require a lay off, it will be afterwards. Thanks for the concern.

Bad Back

I have the same problem with L4,L5 as MikeS wife. I have been
working around the problem for two years have had surgery. If you got a copy of blood and guts kicken around take a look at how Yates works his back. My workout partner and I both have bad backs but squatting with a smith maching has been working.
It takes the presure off the low back. Some power lifters in our gym dont think much of it but, they have good back right now.
Just remeber bro, old age and treachery will win over youth and skill. LOL

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity