over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilder with massive calves and skinny thighs

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
In the gym doing legs today laughing to myself that as I continue to hammer calves but do virtually nothing for thighs (combo knee injury and lack of motivation for big thighs), eventually it might look kind of funny to have big calves and not much of any thighs. That got me wondering - although I can think of plenty of BBrs who had big thighs but no calves, I don't think I can recall a single one that had the reverse. Do you guys know of any you remember seeing with big calves and small thighs?

You see it more with shorter bodybuilders, I think. Probably most to do with simply being heavy for your size.

Do some squats and you will be looking like these guys in no time....

1608597726483.png 1608597726483.png

In the gym doing legs today laughing to myself that as I continue to hammer calves but do virtually nothing for thighs (combo knee injury and lack of motivation for big thighs), eventually it might look kind of funny to have big calves and not much of any thighs. That got me wondering - although I can think of plenty of BBrs who had big thighs but no calves, I don't think I can recall a single one that had the reverse. Do you guys know of any you remember seeing with big calves and small thighs?
Yep, me. Small calves look terrible! Most guys calves suck! I work calves hard. My knees are shot. I have nerve damage in my left leg. My legs suck, but they’re cut. Men’s physique is the in look now anyways. 😀👍
Besides, big legs make your dick look smaller.

I always wondered who the dudes were in that photo.

Left and right are 100% Ben Pakulski and Erik Fankhouser respectively. I think the middle is Flex Lewis, but I'm not positive.

not gonna lie, imo my calves made my quads look small.
i had good/avg quads. played soccer my young life so legs were already in good shape when started lifting seriously.
BUT my claves.... swear made my quads look not so impressive OR my quads made my calves look impressive lol
had near 21" calves and thats when lean so they were legit.
its bc i have imo abnormally large feet. i am 5'11" and have 14 size shoe
imo this put my calf at a leverage disadvantage. right? calf had to work harder for same contraction if a shorter foot was doing it right?
so my calves grew effortlessly. i quit training em and they were still my stand out body part.
now one has a cyst and is atrophying..... wouldnt ya kno... getting old suuuuucks
-F

I always wondered who the dudes were in that photo.

I vaguely recall there was a video of this leg workout at Bev's on one of the sites, MD maybe. Since it's been 10 years good luck finding that.

**broken link removed**

I know you said thighs in general, but as far as quads go.... I’ve always thought quads are SO overrated. For one, they almost take away from the V-shape and give you an X-frame, and in normal clothes, I think it’s the glutes and calves that really make the lower body appear full. As far as knee/back health, deadlifts, Nordic curls, hyper extensions, hip thrusts etc. > squats and leg presses. My ideal leg day is focused around bridges/thrusts/sumo deads, with maybe a leg press thrown in as an afterthought, if I even feel like it.

I know you said thighs in general, but as far as quads go.... I’ve always thought quads are SO overrated. For one, they almost take away from the V-shape and give you an X-frame, and in normal clothes, I think it’s the glutes and calves that really make the lower body appear full. As far as knee/back health, deadlifts, Nordic curls, hyper extensions, hip thrusts etc. > squats and leg presses. My ideal leg day is focused around bridges/thrusts/sumo deads, with maybe a leg press thrown in as an afterthought, if I even feel like it.

Thanks for nordic curls !

Gone incorporate them , i also have and use GHD

My opinion will be the minority but unless you're a competitive bodybuilder, who cares? I mean, people can only see your calves, how often are they going to see your thighs? I am not advocating to neglect thighs. They need to be worked. But I wouldn't be so concerned about going over board with them. Especially when you're putting so much stress on your knees and greater risk of injury.

I look at calves like I do with arms.

I vaguely recall there was a video of this leg workout at Bev's on one of the sites, MD maybe. Since it's been 10 years good luck finding that.

**broken link removed**
This pic brings back memories. I remember when MD magazine was huge and a lot of the pros had there own columns. When Jeff long hit the scene he was massive and super young MHP signed him before he was even pro.

I saw Jeff Long in the gym one evening. It had to be around '03 or '04 maybe. He was absolutely massive but his shoulders were unlike anything i'd seen at the time. He was off-season, looked like a short lineman and had these bowling ball-looking shoulders that could still be seen under a big sweatshirt.

About calves, i remember this quote from an old vet in the gym when i was 19. "I never got laid because of my calves" or lack of in his case. That was his reason for not training calves. I've seen a few IFBB pros who didn't have the most impressive thighs and then went and got calf implants and it was not a good look IMO. Tony Pearson was one and there's plenty of speculation about others. I believe Tony got them removed though.Most pros who have insane calf development (without implants) usually have had good legs in general. I can't off the top of my head think of any pros who had crazy calves and small quads actually.

MD made it out like Jeff was the next Cutler. He does resemble him in a few ways. What cut his competitive career so short?

Left and right are 100% Ben Pakulski and Erik Fankhouser respectively. I think the middle is Flex Lewis, but I'm not positive.
Far left guy...Ben...as you ID'D him...good lawwwwd....those calves could be the most developed I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131