over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilders are acidic

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I was talking this really smart anti-aging dr and he informed me that many many bodybuilders are highly acid from nature and that is can cause sever inflammation among a host of other diseases, muscle wasting,lowered immunity,etc.. he said you can test your levels on a pH strip but further tests like food allergy tests can be done as well. Seems like a good idea. He said the addition of proper fruits and veggies can help but sometimes you need to change your diet. I see alot of PH buffering pills. Anyone know any good ones? Im gonna check my acidity first on the ph strips but I have a feeling im acidic as i get heartburn often and i always get the flu and colds. Prob like %25 more than most people.

True, too much protein is the main reason, I've heard...Basic minerals are told to be good, calcium, magnesium, phosphor, calium, natrium. Maybe take a test, see how it looks..if bad add those, take a new test...if bad again ask your doc...maybe i should do that too...:D

I don't know about the acid strips but this is true and why I like apple cider vinegar.

People telling you that you are acidic are scamming you.
Your body will regulate its own PH. If it could not we would all be dead long ago....

Scam. Your body has its own buffering system to regulate PH. Notice anyone that hyperventilates for a while starts cramping up. They become alkalinic, their body cramps to form lactic acid to "buffer" the alkalinity. The bodys PH has to remain in a very strict slightly alkalinic state 7.25-7.35 (I think) at all times.

hopefully we are all eating our leafy greens, which are very alkaline in nature and will help to lower blood ph :)

your body is acidic in a way when you diet or cut down. You are destroying some muscle and fat, seems a little acidic to me. But you guys are right the body does its own thing to regulate itself all pills/compounds are just supplementing (no pun intended) it

Blood ph perfect would be 7.40 normal range is +/- 5, the body will naturally try to keep things in this range.

You need to get an arterial blood gas done to measure your blood ph, I wouldnt trust those strips.

If your diet creates a acidic environment your body will adjust to normal ranges, dont confuse heart burn with low blood ph, they dont correlate.

This what the carbolic acid / bicarbonate buffering system is for.

If you're worried about your body being acidic and need to detoxify some, just drink apple cider vinegar by the Tbsp. a few times a day: cheap, easy, and effective.

What cracks me up is it seems that most people choose to ignore alkalosis, while at the same time not knowing any of the buffering systems like bicarbonate (Which I'd be too worried about alkalosis by using HCO3-, which people do thinking they're fixing a non-existent problem).

Your body will regulate its own PH. If it could not we would all be dead long ago....

This is not true, and very recent research has proven it is not true. You can change the acidity and alkalinity of the body by ingesting certain bases. I know the whole stomach acid theory, and it makes sense, but it's not true. I spent 10 minutes trying to find the study, I'm sure someone will find and post it.

Agreed!
Also, acid reflux in your stomach does not mean your "acidic " either. Lab work is needed. ABG or arterial blood gases I believe... I don't work in the acute setting I used to so I have forgotten specifics! That's what happens when you move into an office!

This is not true, and very recent research has proven it is not true. You can change the acidity and alkalinity of the body by ingesting certain bases. I know the whole stomach acid theory, and it makes sense, but it's not true. I spent 10 minutes trying to find the study, I'm sure someone will find and post it.

I couldn't find it ... the fact that the body tightly regulates blood pH within a range of 7.35-7.45 is basic physiology. Maybe you are talking about something else.

Merck Manual of medicine: "the blood's acid-base balance is precisely controlled because even a minor deviation can severely affect many organs."

On the other hand, I'm sure the acidi-base balance within the digestive tract varies over a wider range.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131