advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilders in Recovery (friends of Bill)

awesome, If you did dope and / or drank like me...15 months is a long freak'n time...
O' as usual right on point...I take this sobriety stuff very serious, sometimes its hard to tell because I am smiling all the time, and why shouldn't I ? I survived...The thing I try not to take too serious, is me. lol...

if you are suffering I will always make myself available to share my experience with the program...because those who have recovered are my brothers

I am an addict and an alcoholic, I gave ten years of my life to meth. I have been clean since 96. Bodybuilding helped me survive and eventually overcome drugs. I don't have plans to compete, its a passion for me. It gave me a reasons to quit, I liked the results and didn't want to lose the gains or waste my time in the gym anymore. Plus I had a wife and a couple kids. I'm not proud of this, I don't really talk about it or tell the people in my life now. I'm only posting this in hopes that it will somehow encourage someone who's struggling to keep trying because things will eventually get better.

jan 30th i will have 12 years clean, i'm an addict. i love being clean

I have about 18 months sober. I'm so glad to know that all you guys are on here. My girl and I just got back from a meeting tonight. One day at a time

Yo this is the fucking best thread up here that i've seen for me its a message of hope to know that there are others just like me that share the passion of bodybuilding (and a few cycles) and are in recovery i just celebrated 18 months on the 8th for the first time in my life but you now i gotta ask, Do you guys ever feel guilty about runnin a cycle that it counts as a relapse cause i can go back and forth with this idea i would love to hear how u guys feel about it cause i've got some mixed feelings about it THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE haha

I'll have 15 months next week.

Hell great job man. These one days at a time sure add up dont they buddy!!!!

Bill, it goes without saying, you know how proud i am of you man. You have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders being a single dad and you my friend are stepping up and handling it.

I am so glad that i am in a sport and on a bodybuilding board where we can be completely honest and share our stories. I have posted many detailed stories here and i just hope that one of them helped someone else.

For everyone posting in the thread, there are at least 5 others reading who will read this and if not decide to get clean, it will at least get them thinking=-)

Thanks guys, you guys give me hope and inspiration,.

jan 30th i will have 12 years clean, i'm an addict. i love being clean

Dman buddy, that is fucking awesome!!! twelve years man. I know that i dont have to get high today and i know that one day i will be looking back from a similar spot as you=-)

I know that where i am at in recovery GIIY, its no longer about not getting high but more about these silly ass character defects that keep showing up. For me, the obsession and compulsion are still there just in different areas. I just keep praying and going to meetings and working the steps again and again, and it gets better little by little.

For me the greatest aprt of any recovery is that, while in active addiction, we never had a choice as long as we fought the addiction. We were spiraling downward, on our best days we could control the speed of the downward descent but we could never halt it. By surrendering and admitting i was powerless over my addiciton, i now wake up every morning, turn my will over and in turn i get the freedom to choose whether i will become a better person today, hold my ground, or shuffle step backwards. A lot of people dont get the surrendering your will to actually get some freedom BUT trust me in time you will=-)

Yo this is the fucking best thread up here that i've seen for me its a message of hope to know that there are others just like me that share the passion of bodybuilding (and a few cycles) and are in recovery i just celebrated 18 months on the 8th for the first time in my life but you now i gotta ask, Do you guys ever feel guilty about runnin a cycle that it counts as a relapse cause i can go back and forth with this idea i would love to hear how u guys feel about it cause i've got some mixed feelings about it THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE haha

This is what I wanna know also. I have a million justifications why its not a relapse, and I certainly don't get high from steroids. BUT, the lying and deceit is what bothers me about combining AAS and recovery. I wanna know from some of you guys that have been around longer how you manage to be honest about this. Does your sponsor know you are on steroids? Do your friends in the program know?

This is what I wanna know also. I have a million justifications why its not a relapse, and I certainly don't get high from steroids. BUT, the lying and deceit is what bothers me about combining AAS and recovery. I wanna know from some of you guys that have been around longer how you manage to be honest about this. Does your sponsor know you are on steroids? Do your friends in the program know?

This is purely a personal thing. For some it is a relapse. I sought the advice of my sponsor, members with 20+ years clean and i even sahred about it at the meeting. I realized it was not a relapse for me and now i am ok with it. The thing is its not a decision you can make on your own, we know how our best laid plans turn out. So i sought the advice of everyone who had what i wanted.

I am conscious of not crossing certain lines so to me it is not a relapse. Steroids are not mind altering.

Pretty simple, is your life unmanageable from the usage of steroids?

If you are bothered by it at all, then consider quitting. A guilty conscience is not a healthy one.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws