over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilders in their 40's and beyond - training /cycles - etc

TheNeed

Registered
Hi,

I'm turning 46 in a couple of weeks so I have been thinking a lot about how guys in their 40's and over end up training and cycling. I would imagine that as we get older, our bodies can't tolerate the type of training and cycles that a 20 or 30 something guy can.

This is for the more mature guys. What has your training changed to as you have gotten older and how has your AAS use changed? I have been told to basically focus on a few IU of Gh a day and that test is my best friend. Do you guys stay away from the harsher compounds like tren, stray away from masteron due to prostate issues?

Let me know how your training and use has changed. Thx for any responses.

TheNeed

I did one cycle when I was 19 or 20, and completely screwed that up. I did a PH cycle when I was 40 or so, it was not too bad. I did a cycle at about 42 or 43, I had not really recovered from it 5 months later, so I went on TRT. I have used Test, EQ, dbol, Tren and NPP since then. So basically I started late I guess. This helps my training stay intense, accept now I am battling a shoulder injury. I feel if you are older and are going to cycle, you might as well stay on TRT because you will not recover back to where you were. I hated PCT.

Im 53 and U got it no mast no tren I stick with test, Gh and some deca

I'm 43 and yes test is coming more into play, honestly as I get older I feel like I should up my doses, stupid right guess its the junkie in me. The one thing I do for sure is watch my form and my ego in gym, as I get older I get hurt more and it takes longer to recover

Is there age to give up tren? I'll be 40 soon enough and am curious.

Mast I can understand but with tren how do know when it's time to give it up?

41, training definitely needs to be smarter. Putting compound movements like squats , incline, flat bench either after 1-2 pre-exhaust exercises or last seems to work better for me. Can't always throw on another 25 or 45 because the last set you did for 8-10. I've strained my pec numerous times using weight I've done the prior week for 8-10 reps so I really try to exhaust my chest with 4-8 sets of fly maneuvers before hitting incline , and wont touch flat bench til @ least my 3rd exercise. The biggest thing I've noticed is really susceptible to dehydration and every-time I've had an injury it will be on days where water intake was off by 1/4 or more. You know those wake up late days, to much coffee etc. I can run anything I want, blood work comes back good other than some spells of elevated liver panels after extended pre-contest oral use. However I ave not been using constantly since my 20's. I dabbled from 18-24, then didnt pick up again until 34-35, then have had been on consistently from 38-til now except when had a fairly good off cycle after hernia surgery.

I"m 47, and have done every kind of work out program you can imagine, as most of you have.. One of my biggest obstacles has always been over thinking the cycle, the work out, and the diet. A couple months ago, I have not been over thinking, and plan on keeping it as simple as possible.
I work out 3 days per week, and do mainly compound lifts - squats, dead lift, dips, incline press, shoulder press, and upright rows. I do not use cable machines, or dumb bells very often..
As far a supplements go, I have tried almost everything, and find that I feel best using Test E, EQ, and Mast E. People shouldn't have a problem with Mast up to 600mgs, unless your prone to hair loss..
Hope this is useful!!!

47. I alternate heavy work and volume. I take more rest if I have to. I stay on test all the time. I keep dosages low and tend to feel better. Right now I'm using a bombs and test acetate and loving it. Moderation is the way to go over 40. Good luck bro.

47. I alternate heavy work and volume. I take more rest if I have to. I stay on test all the time. I keep dosages low and tend to feel better. Right now I'm using a bombs and test acetate and loving it. Moderation is the way to go over 40. Good luck bro.

Funny you mention this robertfhub. A few months ago I was on a cycle blasting way too much like 3.5 g a week. I was feeling like shit then an experienced friend of mine - who is like 14 yrs younger than me - suggested that I stop everything except for 400 mg of test ace or test prop EW . I did this and within a week my energy levels just skyrocketed along with my strength and intensity levels in my workouts. Much more effective this way and I stay below 2g a week during a "heavy" blast. What an eye opener.

Thx for the response.

Thx everyone for the great responses so far!! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to respond.

about to turn 50
nor 19's will screw with the prosate
i do still use them not a real problem i do notice a difference while on.
training I am not in there long 45 mins an hour is long for me.
joints are an issue for me I have cort. injections in my knees which is a huge help
lately shoulders have been a problem and will seek treatment for them as well.
I still make good gains. I feel I am a high responder to aas on fairly moderate dosages
and hit a personal best 405 flat a few months back
( kinda of a funny story me and a friend, 2 oldest guys in the place at the time moven around 8 plates)

Peace

I did not get to finish my earlier post was at work and didnt realize my break was over these days tren even in low dose makes me feel like shit I usually take 2cc of sust and 1cc of deca every 3 or 4 days some dbol and epi and 6 to 10 iu GH per day and I feel pretty good anything more than that and I dont feel so great
As far as training goes I still have good strength but I do high reps to prevent myself from going heavy and getting hurt
GH has been a mirical drug for me sleep better feel better great pumps I beloeve the older we get the more we benefit from it. I have been lifting since I was 13 thats 40 years I compeated in pwrlfting won a few BB shows had some injurys but actually doin pretty good despite I will lift till the day I die

Funny you mention this robertfhub. A few months ago I was on a cycle blasting way too much like 3.5 g a week. I was feeling like shit then an experienced friend of mine - who is like 14 yrs younger than me - suggested that I stop everything except for 400 mg of test ace or test prop EW . I did this and within a week my energy levels just skyrocketed along with my strength and intensity levels in my workouts. Much more effective this way and I stay below 2g a week during a "heavy" blast. What an eye opener.

Thx for the response.

3.5 g a week at 40 plus....damn man you were asking for trouble.

I say a TRT dose is all you should be looking at after 40..... just enjoy your training and health.

Well for me

I dont train any differently than I did 15 years ago, in fact sometimes I train even harder now at 53, I've been called an "animal" a "Psycho" and a "maniac" by the younger guys that see me train regularly...what has changed is the weights are lighter and the volume is less, but I do have to warmup much more now or i will get hurt or i am in pain, i still LOVE lifting and always go lighter weight and less time between sets in the warmer months with some cardio, and heavier weight ,less reps and more rest between sets in the colder months (no Cardio)...cycles are Tren and test, Mast and Winny in summer and Test and NPP or Boldenone in Winter, orals are used sparingly and only to kick start, dosages were NEVER high for me and still arent even though I get very few sides and bloodwork is always decent

3.5 g a week at 40 plus....damn man you were asking for trouble.

I say a TRT dose is all you should be looking at after 40..... just enjoy your training and health.
Yea biffin - I know it. It didn't start out that high. Started @ 2g EW and slowly I added this or that - some mast EOD, 100 mg tren EOD, and within a few weeks I just lost tract of what I was doing and it was out of hand. . . I won't be letting that happen again.

Been at it since 14, now at 47 I have few regrets and still try to train as hard as possible. I have noticed a few things though. My form has always been very good but at 40 I started getting injured, never much before that but since 40 I have torn my tricep, rotator cuff, quad tendon, partial pec tear and probably a few other things. I think if I was to do one thing, it would be to start taking GH before the age of 43, seemed to help a bit with the tightness that precluded injuries. I never did GH in all my earlier competing days as it was too expensive and I seemed to not need it at 270+. Taking just 2 ius does the trick for me. My massive poundages I would move in my 20s and 30s are much lower and more machine driven (Hammer Strength etc), I make up for that by going quicker and more for the pump, while still moving head turning weights.
As for drugs, I never went too high in dosages, but seemed to be always on. I am still on more than off but my choices of drugs stay on the conservative side (less tren, drol, winny etc).

I'll be 44 in a week. I was on real young, like 16-22, and then a long hiatus until recently. I don't take orals. There isn't much I wouldn't use, but my dosages are very conservative, and I start out with miniscule amounts, and see how my body responds. I am almost anal about bloodwork. I used a lot when young, and it was for the most part wasted. I was strong as hell, but generally a pumpkin faced red flushed ball of bloat. I find almost every aspect of the lifestyle easier at this age than 21. Back then I was undisciplined in regards to diet, rest, and was partying 5 or 6 nights a week. Much easier to control myself now, and my goals are realistic. I said almost every aspect because the nagging injuries at this age are a bummer, and something that you end up working around, and they negatively effect intensity.. Had I continually used from a young age, I don't doubt I would have had a rip thread about me. It is good I got busy in other things, because my youth was awash in excess.

fitnesskatz

good posts,,,i know me personally im stronger at 42 than i was at 32 i have has to up dosages thru the yrs but i am much more prone to injury these days never in the gym though but i think it because of the fatigue there i like compound movements but yea i may jump up on sidewalk and pull a quad muscle or get out of bed wrong a lower back feel like russian mafia beat me far ass the tren i still include it and like it but i damn sure have to use a bp med when i do

Biffnbash... How old are you?

I doubt you will agree with that statement when you turn 40.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws