advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilders you have met or have witnessed training?

alfresco

Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Staff member
Super Moderators
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
A couple of the threads about Gold’s and 80’s bodybuilders got me thinking about some of the
bodybuilders I have met and or have witnessed working out . . . (And when I say “met” you must
have at least shaken their hand, talked to them. And when I say “training” I mean in the gym
training, not pumping-up backstage.)

Here is my list . . . totally lop-sided towards the 70’s and 80’s(?) . . . Yea, I don’t get out the house
much now-a-days, hahahah. My stories, well . . . too numerous and boring to mention, but am
interested, as I suspect others are, about the bodybuilders you all have met or observed training.
This could be a fun thread, I’ll go first:

Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbo, Tom Platz, Serge Nubret, Danny Padilla, Charles Glass,
Peter Grymkowski, David Johns, Ray Mentzer, Casey Viator, Manual Perry, C F Smith, Lou Ferrigno,
Ron Teufel, Ed Corney, Dennis Tenerino, Bob Birdsong, Lance Dreher, Greg DeFerro, Tim Belknap,
Roger Callard, Ken Waller, Chris Dickerson, Kent Kuehn, Tony Pearson, Roy Callendar, Mike Dayton,
Frank Zane, Robby Robinson, Bill Grant, Eddie Giuliani, Andreas Cahling, The Barbarian Brothers (David
and Peter Paul), Ellington Darden, Vince Gironda, Irvin 'Zabo' Koszewski.

Arnold.
first as a kid , when he told me to drink my milk if I want to be as big as him
, he flexed his arm so I could touch his biceps...

than as a grown up , in a fund raiser he was sat next to me (my request) and I told him that meeting him as a kid really changed my life ..... he seemed more interested talking about my watch and cigars...
(by the way he was very very generous with his donation and time to the charity )

I have met a few other pros since then , but nothing come close to a little boy that sees this larger than life....

Last edited:
my cousin joey watson had his pro card...we use to hit workouts at ft lauderdale golds on federal with ifbb pro paul baker(one big ass mofo)....i also use to train with another friend a few years ago with vince taylor at the golds on taft st out in davie..i witnessed the 100 rep sets :eek: ......i cant rememeber if it was his wife or not, but he worked out with the biggest, most strong, muscular chick ive ever seen, she was a pro as well...

I've met Shawn Ray and Scott Mendelson (715 raw bench press and 1000+ equipped bench press)

Last edited:
I've seen Ronnie train when he was down here for a guest posing. I couldn't believe how huge he was in person, I didn't want to stare tho so I just went about my workout.

met a huge number of guys seen a few train but I will never forget watching curtis leffler train, at the time I thought I was strong. what a wake up call that was.

Not sure if this counts but at The Powerhouse I workout at I see a couple of pretty big guys.

Bigron- Placed 1st in super heavies 2005 junior nationals

Brian- place 1st in light heavies at 2009 michgan state championships, Placed 4th in light heavies 2009 jr nationals

Ken- Just won his pro card at the 2011 IFBB North American Championships

Don't know any of them personally but If I ever mustered up the courage to ask anyone advice on bodybuilding, it would be these guys.

Last edited:
Kai Greene a few weeks ago, Drorit Silverman, also the current Mr. O quite a few times.

Ronnie is the only pro I've ever seen. He occasionally works out at the gym I go to. Really cool, personable guy. And an absolute physical monster! Just guessing but he had to have been around 320. He wasn't ripped but was in a leaner condition than most gym rats ever achieve. He looked surreal

Not a bodybuilder but still up there. Met Mariuz Pudzianowski in person when I used to work at my cousins nightclub a few years ago. Doesnt have the leanness of a pro BB but he is one BIG dude!

I got to train side by side with Jay cutler 12 days ago. He was ripped and huge! I've never seen forearms like his on anyone else. When they were pumped it looked like a gorilla. Was crazy looking!

long list...
kevin levrone, lee priest, milos sarcev, shawn ray, flex wheeeler, jay cutler...
actually i cant think of many guys i have not seen workout....
flex, shawn, n milos i saw daily. other guys monthly or weekly.
seen a bunch....
none more devistating to watch then flex wheeler. he could lift light weight and be big as hell. never seen anything like it. working out with half of my weight and twice as big as me.... genetics.....
-JS

Just one - Bob Cicherillo , few months ago , funny azz dude , knows my bro really well

long list...
kevin levrone, lee priest, milos sarcev, shawn ray, flex wheeeler, jay cutler...
actually i cant think of many guys i have not seen workout....
flex, shawn, n milos i saw daily. other guys monthly or weekly.
seen a bunch....
none more devistating to watch then flex wheeler. he could lift light weight and be big as hell. never seen anything like it. working out with half of my weight and twice as big as me.... genetics.....
-JS

Flex had some of the best genetics ever....but it wasn't all genetics either ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Gary Strydom & trained with Francis Benfatto for two weeks in South Africa.

Met Shawn Ray back in the 90's, Paul Dillett about 10yrs ago or so, and spoke with Jay Cutler on a fairly regular basis when he lived in SoCal. Jay is a smart business man, down to earth.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131