over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilding and anxiety!!!!!

meanmugger

Banned
heys guys well iv always had anxiety and just recently tried a new med and well it got me sick,it was an ssnri first one i ever tried and was prexcribed,anyways once i was over the sickness my anxiety has been wrse its been in my life friggin crippling i got a panic attack,so iv been takin lorazapam as presribed,about .25mg am and .25mg pm or sometimes i need a whole pill at once and its .5mg,was wondering if my body will still get same results iv been gettin even with the new drug in my body,i have crippling anxiety and take it only as needed,any feedback any of you guys have same issiues?

I have bad anxiety too, have had it my entire life.
No prescription drugs offer me any good relief except for benzos like xanax and valium, but I don't take them because they are addictive and I developed a tolerance to them very quickly when my college doctor prescribed me klonopin. The withdrawals were not fun.

The drug you are on is also a benzo, its other name is Ativan.
It works well, but just be careful with it. Never take it in any way other than what your doctor prescribed. Even when I did as my doc directed, I still had to go through withdrawal when I stopped using it.

Benzos will have no negative effect on your gains. I would say crippling anxiety is worse for your gains than benzos themselves.

I have bad anxiety too, have had it my entire life.
No prescription drugs offer me any good relief except for benzos like xanax and valium, but I don't take them because they are addictive and I developed a tolerance to them very quickly when my college doctor prescribed me klonopin. The withdrawals were not fun.

The drug you are on is also a benzo, its other name is Ativan.
It works well, but just be careful with it. Never take it in any way other than what your doctor prescribed. Even when I did as my doc directed, I still had to go through withdrawal when I stopped using it.

Benzos will have no negative effect on your gains. I would say crippling anxiety is worse for your gains than benzos themselves.

its legit crippling bro,hard to breathe at times,what dod u end up doin,u can pm also if u wanna,also bro i hate i mean hate how they make me feel,yea its nice releiving the anxiety but i hate taking em fukin blows

Last edited:
its legit crippling bro,hard to breathe at times,what dod u end up doin,u can pm also if u wanna

I read a lot of self help books, really tried to change my negative thought patterns that I had developed. I changed my diet to a healthier one, added more cardio (aerobic work seems to really help my mood), make sure I get good sleep every single night, and started to meditate daily.
None of it makes any dramatic change overnight, but it eventually helps. I am still not out of the woods yet, I have made small improvements here and there over the years, but I still deal with a lot of anxiety.
Part of what has helped me is not using it as a crutch. I have accepted that I have anxiety, but I don't let it define me.... I try and face my fears, and reinforce positive thinking habits. I have seen so many people constantly address their anxiety and let it rule their life. I try to make myself think that I won't let it beat me, that I will conquer it and not let it ruin my life. Over time these thoughts become more of a reality. Our brains are so powerful, our thoughts really do influence physical changes in our brains. Just like developing bad habits messes with your dopamine reward system, you can 'train' your brain to develop more calming neurotransmitters by doing whatever you can to eliminate anxious thoughts. Allowing yourself to relax and breath when thoughts get out of hand helps, as well as forcing your mind to focus on something positive when the anxiety hits you. Making a conscious effort to change a negative anxious thought to a calming one is not easy, but if you do it over and over constantly, it eventually becomes a 'good' habit and will begin to happen more naturally.
Its a tough road, but I think it can be overcome if you really work hard at it.

For me certain AAS really make mine bad, EQ for some reason is the worst, I cant even deal with the stuff.
After that high androgenics like tren, drol etc....they seem to rock my anxiety the next most.

For me certain AAS really make mine bad, EQ for some reason is the worst, I cant even deal with the stuff.
After that high androgenics like tren, drol etc....they seem to rock my anxiety the next most.

Eq causes bad anxiety due to it's effects on GABA-ergic transmission. Like with all other aas causing anxiety I feel the best solution is to take smaller ed shots to help prevent or ease any issues. However if you are prone to anxiety Eq is best not touched.

I read a lot of self help books, really tried to change my negative thought patterns that I had developed. I changed my diet to a healthier one, added more cardio (aerobic work seems to really help my mood), make sure I get good sleep every single night, and started to meditate daily.
None of it makes any dramatic change overnight, but it eventually helps. I am still not out of the woods yet, I have made small improvements here and there over the years, but I still deal with a lot of anxiety.
Part of what has helped me is not using it as a crutch. I have accepted that I have anxiety, but I don't let it define me.... I try and face my fears, and reinforce positive thinking habits. I have seen so many people constantly address their anxiety and let it rule their life. I try to make myself think that I won't let it beat me, that I will conquer it and not let it ruin my life. Over time these thoughts become more of a reality. Our brains are so powerful, our thoughts really do influence physical changes in our brains. Just like developing bad habits messes with your dopamine reward system, you can 'train' your brain to develop more calming neurotransmitters by doing whatever you can to eliminate anxious thoughts. Allowing yourself to relax and breath when thoughts get out of hand helps, as well as forcing your mind to focus on something positive when the anxiety hits you. Making a conscious effort to change a negative anxious thought to a calming one is not easy, but if you do it over and over constantly, it eventually becomes a 'good' habit and will begin to happen more naturally.

Listen to TNH!! Read and re-read what he just posted. That is some solid advise!!

One thing he didn't mention is, stay away from any form of stimulants, coffee, energy drinks.

It's a good thing you don't like the medication. If you think your anxiety is bad now. It is amplified 10x when you try to get of benzos if you get addicted to them. It is very addicting medication and the worst withdrawls of anything in my opinion!

I'll pray for you brother.

Last edited:
My doctor prescribed me this: **broken link removed**

I aklso use it for pain management.....

Here's some old TMAG articles on it **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I had really bad anxiety and panic attacks consume me in my mid 20s. Went through many meds until finally one worked. It was a really bad year in my life as every day was a struggle with controlling my feelings and brain. I've been on paxil 20mg ed for the past 8 years. Besides some of the things mentioned previously I'd suggest finding a very good psychiatrist. Also look into your family history and see if anyone else has anxiety issues and what has worked for them. Genetics dictate, if a medication has worked for a family member it will probably work for you. I also have a prescription for xanax for potential panic attacks but luckily haven't had to use it for that purpose for many years. I might use it once a month b4 sleep just to stop thinking too much.

As far as hindering gains, I don't foresee it being a problem. However, I have noticed that I do maintain more BF since getting on paxil but that may also be my metabolism dropping over the years.

Good luck brother, as many will not understand the power of anxiety/panic disorder unless they themselves have it, and it's a rough road at the beginning. But it does get better with time and eventually normalizes. Keep strong...

Again read and re read the above.

Do your homework on anxiety and panic attacks, heres the basics on why it happens -

**broken link removed**

I went through weeks of counciling to understand and learn to control my anxiety and PA`s and the anxiety still creeps in very occassionally (usually in the middle of the night when i wake up then start to worry im not gonna get back to sleep :banghead: )

With regards to PA`s try to understand the very worst thing that will happen is the elevated breathing - thats it!!!!! your not gonna die, you never have before and it aint gonna happen in the future and worrying about it will just bring on another attack - its a circle that you have to break!

Nowadays i do at least 30mins meditation/hypnotherapy a day. Any negative thoughts have to be stopped in thier tracks and turned into happy/positive ones.

Also laughing daily helps so watch some good stand up comedians or sit-coms that you enjoy.

It takes a while to crack and a huge amount of effort but its worth it ;)

Try propranolol.... Bp and anxiety med. good stuff

High histamine levels are linked to anxiety,and low histamine levels are linked to depression.For me if i start having anxiety i know my histamine levels are high,i will take benedryl for a few days and my anxiety will go away.

I'm with Turkishexpress on the 'people not understanding it' thing. So many people that don't have real anxiety or panic attacks write it off as something that you can just snap right out of, since they don't truly suffer from it themselves. I made a comment about this in a 'tren and anxiety' thread.... so many people claimed to have anxiety from it, and when they described their feelings it wasn't anxiety at all, more like irritability and mood changes in general. It gives you a good idea of how many people don't actually understand what real anxiety is.

anabolic2k had a great suggestion with the laughing and watching stand-up being a good thing to do. 90% of any of my TV/movie watching is comedy, and I really enjoy stand up. Laughter really is medicine, and laughing regularly and making it a part of your daily life really does take the anxiety away. Even if it is just temporary at first, the more you can experience a state of not being anxiety, the closer you get to being that way for good.

2jacked4u's suggestion of using propranolol is a good one if you have to do something like public speaking. I don't recommend constant use of it unless you need it at first and are going through cognitive behavioral therapy or working on addressing the root of the problem while on the meds. That is the true purpose of meds in my opinion.... to help keep you in a state of calmness while learning to change your thought patterns. Once you have spend a good amount of time learning how to think differently, I believe you need to begin facing things without the aid of medication.... but only once you have been working on changing thoughts for a very long time. If you only use meds and don't try to work on your issues, you are only masking the problem without addressing the root cause. So meds are just a tool to get you through the hard times, I don' think you should use them forever just to mask the symptoms. If you were to take a speech class for example, the propranolol will help you see that you are capable of giving a speech without having anxiety, and if you are working on changing your thinking while doing that, you can eventually try public speaking without any meds..... and you will eventually be able to do it without issue. I only bring up public speaking because it generally causes anxiety for everyone, but is especially bad for people with anxiety to begin with.
I took a speech class in college, the first few I used propranolol (I didn't want to use a benzo like klonopin because it hampers my ability to think and speak optimally). After a few speeches I went without my meds, and because I had done them with no issues before (while on meds), I knew I was capable of doing it on my own.... and I did, with great success.
Anxiety relief is definitely a 'use it or lose it' kind of thing.... I haven't given a speech in years, I know I would be nervous again if I had to do one this week. Once you face your fears, you have to keep facing them and eventually you will program your brain to be that way. If social interaction makes you nervous, force yourself to do it, and once you are over it, continue immersing yourself in those situations and you will be over it for good.

jlguitar is right, many people who suffer from anxiety have high histamine. I am histadelic, my body produces way too much histamine, which causes a lot of my anxiety and insomnia issues. I have had to take a major anti histamine to get to sleep sometimes its called Remeron. Not everyone with anxiety has high histamine, but it is something to look into if you are trying to find answers. There are certain dietary and supplement changes you can make to fix this if histamine is the source of your issues.

Last edited:
I had really bad anxiety and panic attacks consume me in my mid 20s. Went through many meds until finally one worked. It was a really bad year in my life as every day was a struggle with controlling my feelings and brain. I've been on paxil 20mg ed for the past 8 years. Besides some of the things mentioned previously I'd suggest finding a very good psychiatrist. Also look into your family history and see if anyone else has anxiety issues and what has worked for them. Genetics dictate, if a medication has worked for a family member it will probably work for you. I also have a prescription for xanax for potential panic attacks but luckily haven't had to use it for that purpose for many years. I might use it once a month b4 sleep just to stop thinking too much.

As far as hindering gains, I don't foresee it being a problem. However, I have noticed that I do maintain more BF since getting on paxil but that may also be my metabolism dropping over the years.

Good luck brother, as many will not understand the power of anxiety/panic disorder unless they themselves have it, and it's a rough road at the beginning. But it does get better with time and eventually normalizes. Keep strong...
im in my mid20s myself,i took an ssnri and had a horrible reaction to it and after i got over the sickness it gave my my anxieyts been off the hook,my sister tryed a few things and is now on one and she loves it i thinks it lametcal or sumthing

im in my mid20s myself,i took an ssnri and had a horrible reaction to it and after i got over the sickness it gave my my anxieyts been off the hook,my sister tryed a few things and is now on one and she loves it i thinks it lametcal or sumthing

SNRI's and SSRI's are usually only effective for 30% of users.
Lamictal is a pretty good drug, but it is mainly used for people with bipolar disorder. If you don't suffer from bipolar disorder at all, I do not recommend using that drug. It can have serious sides, although it is uncommon. It works on glutamate, which is strongly related to GABA.... if you are affected very badly by using EQ, then lamictal may work for you (since EQ screws with GABA-ergic transmission, bad reaction to it can indicate a problem related to GABA/Glutamate in your brain).

Recently i switched from tren ace to tren hex and my anxiety is taking a toll on me. Certain situations and some life issues that got thrown my way this past week had me feeling like i was about to break down at any second.

I've always had some anxiety /mild depression issues (never seen a doc, the thought of depending on drugs freaks me out) but damn, this anxiety is the worst shit ever. I could definitely use some drugs right now.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

SNRI's and SSRI's are usually only effective for 30% of users.
Lamictal is a pretty good drug, but it is mainly used for people with bipolar disorder. If you don't suffer from bipolar disorder at all, I do not recommend using that drug. It can have serious sides, although it is uncommon. It works on glutamate, which is strongly related to GABA.... if you are affected very badly by using EQ, then lamictal may work for you (since EQ screws with GABA-ergic transmission, bad reaction to it can indicate a problem related to GABA/Glutamate in your brain).

i dont have bipolar at all,im fine just anxiety,i get down and depressed once in awhle like everyone but im happy and take care of myself 100%,just crippling anxiety,and the snri fuked me up so bad for 2 days i mean like flu sick,was outta eat,had no emotion was vry scary,i dnt even wanna take another one,thats why iv been using the ativan but i dnt like how like calm it gets me yea now,eq dont affect me only aas is tren and i stopped that a long time ago,also my anxiety was eaisliy under control i dealt with it easy bit aafter the snri these past 2 wks i have had anxiety like i never had befopre its FUKIN INSANE,i see doc again thursday and will let u guys know how it goes,was just bout to start bulker to get my 1st comp training goin,cant wait jst gotta get health good first

Last edited:
Eq causes bad anxiety due to it's effects on GABA-ergic transmission. Like with all other aas causing anxiety I feel the best solution is to take smaller ed shots to help prevent or ease any issues. However if you are prone to anxiety Eq is best not touched.
Any others in particular besides Eq and tren? I feel Godly on test of course but of course when off it's not the case. I'd really rather avoid aggravating my anxiety with AAS.

Any others in particular besides Eq and tren? I feel Godly on test of course but of course when off it's not the case. I'd really rather avoid aggravating my anxiety with AAS.

me and a good freind of mine got anxiety using anavar also,this was when i didnt have any crippling anxeity so i and we know it was from var,id say var,tren,eq, for me,on low dose test and mast now to maintaine what i can well im off cycle and training,dealing with this health issue,

heys guys well iv always had anxiety and just recently tried a new med and well it got me sick,it was an ssnri first one i ever tried and was prexcribed,anyways once i was over the sickness my anxiety has been wrse its been in my life friggin crippling i got a panic attack,so iv been ESsefaRrvresbetakin lorazapam as presribed,about .25mg am and .25mg pm or sometimes i need a whole pill at once and its .5mg,was wondering if my body will still give me ysame results iv been gettin even with the new drug in my body,i have crippling anxiety and take it only as needed,any feedback any of you guys have same issiues?

This uwteeweehXeEd

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear