over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilding and being a parent

lookatpicture

Registered
How did becoming a parent affect your life? Did your workouts change? Were you spending the same amount of time in the gym? How did your life change, good or bad?

There is not enough space here to say how much my life changed, for the better in every way. My kids are my priority without hesitation.
My workouts still exist and always have. They take place first thing in the morning because at this stage in my life my evenings are spent coaching one of my kids in whatever sport season it is. This baseball season will be my 20th team I've coached in either baseball, football, or basketball. I couldn't think of a better way to make a difference in not only my kids life, but the life of the others I coach as well.

I've always believed your true legacy is how your kids turn out as that is our most important job in life. Not how much money you make, how big your house is, nice your car.

Right now my oldest is a special ed teacher, second oldest is a junior in college who also wants to be a special ed teacher yet won't let me help pay for college because he says he wants to do it on his own so it'll mean more.
Third oldest is a freshman in college and wants to be a lawyer, which I'll try to talk him out of LOL. I still have the two younger ones who are respectful, get excellent grades, and are stars in sports despite my coaching.

So yes, kids changed my life, they made me a much better person than I ever would have been otherwise. I guess I owe them big time!

Becoming a parent changed many things for me. I guess the main thing is that I am no longer my number one priority; they are. I have a daughter who will be 4 next month and another one that is two and a half. I will tell you that it is very tough. It is non-stop. That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love sepnding time with them, watching them grow and learn, etc.

As far as working out goes, I still work-out 5-7 days a week anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. That is the one thing that I still pretty much have for myself. At this stage, I really don't think I could compete because between work, the family, the house, etc. keeping a regimented schedule regarding training mult times a day or for longer bouts (with cardio) and the diet would be impossible. But working out and what has become my "bodybuilding hobby" at this point in my life (been doing it for 20 years, competitive in the past) keeps me happy and makes me a better father, husband and business professional.

Would'nt be her without them..Had an accident with my girl 16yrs ago..thay shoyld have a warrenty on those packages..Well got married in my prime. Life consisted of lifting,parting and brawling..Worked enough to afford a great time. Then between family house payments and starting concrete company, walked away from bb for 10+ yrs..Now daughters 16, benches more than everygirl in school + my boy is 13 and only wanted weights for x-mas..So things are great I dont no were I'd be without them..[Still parting hard some were with not much else.]..

Great topic

II love talking about my kids. To put it simply, I belong to them. I am dad above all other things and I would never change that for anything. Being a father is simply the most rewarding experience I have ever had.
I wasn't training/bodybuilding at all when my first son was born. I had let myself go a bit. I was in construction and drank beer daily after work. He was born premature and spent his first 61 days in the NICU weighing less than 2 pounds. He came home on a monitor and feeding tube. I was terribly afraid for him and it changed my life. I went back to the gym to become a better role model for him and I competed for the first time when he was 2 years old.
Jump forward to today… He’s 13 years old and 5’10” 130lbs. He is a superstar, football, basketball, track, good grades and he is the kindest most thoughtful kid you could ever meet. And truly the light of my life..! Our 2nd child died shortly after birth. She was also premature. It was very difficult. I have another wonderful 8 year old miracle child who I could go on and on about. He nearly drowned a while back and a young man died in the process of saving his life, a tragedy, a miracle…. Life’s rich pageant
God bless

II love talking about my kids. To put it simply, I belong to them. I am dad above all other things and I would never change that for anything. Being a father is simply the most rewarding experience I have ever had.
I wasn't training/bodybuilding at all when my first son was born. I had let myself go a bit. I was in construction and drank beer daily after work. He was born premature and spent his first 61 days in the NICU weighing less than 2 pounds. He came home on a monitor and feeding tube. I was terribly afraid for him and it changed my life. I went back to the gym to become a better role model for him and I competed for the first time when he was 2 years old.
Jump forward to today… He’s 13 years old and 5’10” 130lbs. He is a superstar, football, basketball, track, good grades and he is the kindest most thoughtful kid you could ever meet. And truly the light of my life..! Our 2nd child died shortly after birth. She was also premature. It was very difficult. I have another wonderful 8 year old miracle child who I could go on and on about. He nearly drowned a while back and a young man died in the process of saving his life, a tragedy, a miracle…. Life’s rich pageant
God bless
MAN you went thru alot with your kids!! sorry to hear about your girl.
our girl just was born last wed. and i am very happy. i have a almost 4 year old boy he is great.

kids come first inn life everything else after bodybuilding, work... kids first!!

God bless

I'm not sure there are many people who should post any kind of experience they have after reading that. I don't think many would come up with that type of triumphant story.
-c

How did becoming a parent affect your life? Did your workouts change? Were you spending the same amount of time in the gym? How did your life change, good or bad?

Its a lifestyle you have to make adjustements. Just realize with a family,,wife,,kids,,,you will have other priorities often over training. You will need to learn to adjust you time wisely as far as meals and training.

I am a proud parent of a 14 month old little girl. I love her to death. God help any soul that tries to harm her. It is extremely tough being a parent. Like someone said above, its nonstop. there are no breaks. and just when you think your getting frustrated...she looks up at you and smiles and it makes everything ok.

Getting to the gym is definitely more difficult. I work shift work and the wife works 8-5 m-f, so I watch the baby almost four days a week. But if you want to go to the gym...you will make it happen. The toughest thing is just running on a little less sleep, but you get used to it. The gym is my release..the wife knows this and is very supportive. If your wife thinks the gym is a hobby and is cutting into family time, then its gonna be a rough road for you.

Norbert, I thank god everyday that my girl was born healthy as a horse. Only a parent could understand what you've been through. god bless.

I was suprised this thread hasn't came up sooner. I clap my hands to every parent, because it is not easy. I cheer, clap, jump up and down for joy for all the perents who work out and balance a healthy diet while raising a children/child.

Its very hard most money goes to the kid(s). They are certainly first in your life now and they get sick get you sick. There are days where i cant make it to the gym becasue my son and when can go i have to go to work. But some nights he wants to go with me and that makes it great he is only 4. NOt sure whether he is working out or just looking at women tho :LOL Family is great and wouldnt trade it for nothing. tho

good luck to all who have

I diden't start training realy hard till after i had my son , always worked out but could skip a week here and their.

Since my kids came along (boy 6 now and girl 13) they are certainly my priority , im lucky in both of them realy like sports and want to workout with me so soon , i'll have a new training partners.

All the koney i spend on my sups and food come only from what side work i do and about half that goes to household things

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131