over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding and sleep apnea

IBBAdmin

Registered
Well, I was wondering if anyone else suffers from sleep apnea due to their size and weight ?

I was diagnosed 2 years ago and the doc says surgery would not help me . I was told that when I sleep if I had a 20-40% blockage surgery would help . But in my case when I sleep I have a blockage at 80% so even if sugery got me to 40% thats what the most common apnea is . So I , for my health sleep with a cpap machine ( which sux) but it keeps me breathing and the oxygen flowing ..lol

I want to hear from guys with similar problems.

Thanks
IBBAdmin

My GF says that I have stoped breathing a few times when asleep. So was thinking I should go cet it checked out.

My body does NOT like being over 200 lbs. For the last two years I have slept 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time. It sucks. HGH does nothing to normalize my sleep pattern.

So I'm thinking- Sleep vs Size.... Size keeps winning so far. :rolleyes:

I use a C pap machine to sleep at night. For about 2 years now. It is so frustrating having to wear it, but the other option makes me nervous. For sure get it checked out, I thought I just snored loud...the sleep clinic and doctors said it is horrible for my body (the stopping of breathing while sleeping).

I have a follow-up appointment to get a CPAP machine on the 31st. I really hate the thought of it but my sleep study showed that I stop breathing for as much as 75 seconds during the night. That's pretty scary.

I have the most severe apnea just shy of surgery. It sucks, cause if I was just a click or two higher on the cpap I would have had the damn surgery. I hate sleeping with the damn mask on but it sure beats stopping breathing while sleeping. My setting is 20 on the cpap, they told me at 22 you get surgery. I might ask to see another doc and push the issue. Most nights I don't even use it anymore, just to bothered by it.

Problem is that I can tell the next day when I don't use it, I get very sleepy all day and want to nod off while driving. So I make myself use it and just suffer through it all. I feel your pain bro, cpap's suck.

When I had my consultation ,I had spend 1 night in the hospital, They made me sleep half the night with nothing to monitor my sleep disorder .. They told me I woke up 76 times per minute. I was like ' WHAT"..lol there is only 60 seconds in a minute. They told me I was headed for a heart attack if I didnt use the cpap or lose 50lbs..minimum... After they tried with the cpap the second half of the night, I slept interrupted the rest of the night at 12psi ..

So for 2 years now I Have the cpap and can not sleep without it .. I even have a back up battery pack just in case the power goes out...lmao

I still am a light sleeper ,,though I get solid sleep when I do.

oh yeah,,,one more thing,, The doc told me when he looks in my throat its like I have curtains hanging down blocking my breathing..lmao...

Its suck I had it , but I am alive right !

Machines to survive sleeping due to the size, thats about as hardcore as it gets :star-wars

I"ve lost 20lbs to help with some knee problems and thought my sleep apnea would get better but didn"t. going aug 3 to get the test done my doc says I have all the symptoms.hoping I can just have the surgery not wear that mask

i had sever apnea, had the surgery and i am now 100% cured. 0 apnea's during my last sleep study.

IBBAdmin said:
Well, I was wondering if anyone else suffers from sleep apnea due to their size and weight ?

I was diagnosed 2 years ago and the doc says surgery would not help me . I was told that when I sleep if I had a 20-40% blockage surgery would help . But in my case when I sleep I have a blockage at 80% so even if sugery got me to 40% thats what the most common apnea is . So I , for my health sleep with a cpap machine ( which sux) but it keeps me breathing and the oxygen flowing ..lol

I want to hear from guys with similar problems.

Thanks
IBBAdmin

You might have 80% now but at 40% the problem won't be so severe so as to wreck your sleeping patterns.
I think its one of those new kinds of health problems the doctors use as leverage to push new pricey machines to patients and after a while the newer improved generation that "works wonders" while still leaving the problem unsolved and keeping you dependent on all kinds of machinery.Solve the problem,have the surgery and remove whatever blocks the airway.IF this doesn;t work ,and you are not repaired ,then use the machine which will also work better.

I've had sleep apnea for over 10 years. I cannot use a Cpap, it drives me up a wall.. Supposedly i awaken 270 times each night based on sleep survey done.

I did have surgery 10 years ago, removal of uvula and a whole bunch
of things, could only consume liquids for 30 days, and then everything
was same.

Funny though, every time I compete, drop weight and super low bodyfat,
sleep apnea far less severe!

Do I become a pencilneck again just to live ? Ugh!

Worldspan

I have been using a BIPAP the last 2 months and hate it. I stopped using about a week ago when I woke up in a pool of blood because the rubber strip on the forehead peace moved or something so the plastic cut the crap out og my forehead. Left a 4 inch gash that is still there.

I'm not very big and I have it. Even when I dieted down for a contest, it didn't go away. Doc doesn't think the surgery will help me much so I'm stuck with a CPAP. I was diagnosed ~1997 (wasn't juicin' for quite a while either)

xcelbeyond said:
I'm not very big and I have it. Even when I dieted down for a contest, it didn't go away. Doc doesn't think the surgery will help me much so I'm stuck with a CPAP. I was diagnosed ~1997 (wasn't juicin' for quite a while either)

Does sleep apnea have a DIRECT correlation with gear use, or just high bodyweight?

Traditionally it was thought of as happening to overweight people. I just threw in the clean, just in case anyone thought that was the cause.

My wife's frend's husdand is a fat lazy bastard that has it. He wouldn't sleep using the machine so he got the surgery done. While they were in there, they pelled off FIFTEEN POUNDS of FAT :eek:

Doc told him to lose fat or die - after the operation. He lost weight, but guess what? He's gained it all back and more, still snores, and has some apnea episodes. :rolleyes:

HELLA SWOLE said:
Does sleep apnea have a DIRECT correlation with gear use, or just high bodyweight?

It's possible that gear use may contribute to OSA. I believe there was one study in 1994 in the Journal of Respitory and Critical Care that stated that testosterone increased occurance of OSA, but it wasn't clear as to why. There have been other studies that have made similar conclusions.

Since putting on extra weight during my current cycle, my OSA has worsened to the point I have had to increase my CPAP pressure by a couple of points.

I have been using BiPap for a few years now(during my original sleep study I quit breathing 142 times a hour and had a oxygen saturation of 82%).

Anyways, since starting using CPAP I have had chronic sinus infections that have progressed to the point right now where whenever I come off antibiotics I get another sinus infection within a week. I am wondering if others have had similar sinus problems after starting CPAP? I never had a sinus infection my entire life until I started using CPAP.

I've been using a cpap for 3 years now.. as much as i hated it when I first got it now I can't sleep without it. I literally wake myself up the instant I fall asleep from snoring if I try to sleep without it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131