over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

bodybuilding and truck driving

TrenSweater

Registered
Can a truck driver who is on the road most of the time really be a bodybuilder , sure anything is possible but realistically has to be damn hard , sure you can eat out 6 times a day that can't be cheap , sure you have a frig in your truck maybe even a microwave , but it doesn't hold much food , where do you workout , are any of you in this situation

not sure about the food part, but if you can't get to any gym or equipment I would definately buy some resistance bands, they work wonders when there is nothing else to work with:) and there cheap as fuck

There are some gyms that let you pay by the day , or you could just ask for a free trial and pretend your going to sign up , that's all i could think of

Get a Gold's Gym membership since they have the most number of franchises and you'll get travel benefits to all of them. You can use each one 14 times every year. You would just have to kind of make your route around it :)

There are some gyms that let you pay by the day , or you could just ask for a free trial and pretend your going to sign up , that's all i could think of

I dont condone dishonesty, but this is actually a good Idea. I did meet a truck driver one time that drove 48 states and he could have competed hard core if he wanted to. There are many factors to take into consideration, but sure, its possible without a doubt!! Just takes a bit of tweaking your diet here and there because obviously you are burning less calories sitting on your behind many hours a day. Or just get a membership to a corporate gym like Golds that is world wide. its not too difficult to find a gym now-a-days, even if its a hole. Just improvise....

mick

i know a guy that has been over the road for 20 years that does a good
job of it 6'0 220 19 in arms .. he has been natty for years
but he has freak genetics at 21 years old he had 20 in arms
and a 500 pound bench on deca/dbol

Dumbells would be decent. I seen one trucker with a statonary bike. The food I would rather buy a weeks supply at the grocery. I'm a class a cdl driver, but local in my city. Its a great job. OTR is not for me... couldn't live in the truck, most of the time alone. Well if I had to maybe a short while.

Can a truck driver who is on the road most of the time really be a bodybuilder , sure anything is possible but realistically has to be damn hard , sure you can eat out 6 times a day that can't be cheap , sure you have a frig in your truck maybe even a microwave , but it doesn't hold much food , where do you workout , are any of you in this situation

I am/was a trucker. I currently own a small-medium sized auto hauling company. I managed to make strength training, BJJ and Muay Thai work when I was driving.

What is your schedule exactly? Are you OTR, regional, dedicated? Company driver or O/O? I think that I can help but I'll need to know your schedule. More so, what type of freight? If you are fingerprinting pallets/cases, a mover or any other touch freight that would obviously change things.

Lastly, I am from the Chicagoland area also. If you need a better schedule, get a better job. I could potentially help you with that as well. Balance is EVERYTHING in life. Don't detract from your passion. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching.

Last edited:
Can you put a movable squat rack and Dumbell bench in the back?

I am/was a trucker. I currently own a small-medium sized auto hauling company. I managed to make strength training, BJJ and Muay Thai work when I was driving.

What is your schedule exactly? Are you OTR, regional, dedicated? Company driver or O/O? I think that I can help but I'll need to know your schedule. More so, what type of freight? If you are fingerprinting pallets/cases, a mover or any other touch freight that would obviously change things.

Lastly, I am from the Chicagoland area also. If you need a better schedule, get a better job. I could potentially help you with that as well. Balance is EVERYTHING in life. Don't detract from your passion. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching.

I'm not driving right now. I have a good friend who can get me in where he works and he makes real good money. He drives a tanker , hauling mainly petroleum, its local i think he works 5 days a week 12 hour shifts , the thing is i may have to drive regional for the first year and that puts me home only around 6-7 days a month , its only a year , just wondering how the hell i can eat cheaply ,

You could do it if your dedicated enough. You could actaully keep a VERY strict diet that way since your food selections may be slim or limited. I'm sure you can find some gyms along your routes. Alot of them will offer a daily rate.

I'm not driving right now. I have a good friend who can get me in where he works and he makes real good money. He drives a tanker , hauling mainly petroleum, its local i think he works 5 days a week 12 hour shifts , the thing is i may have to drive regional for the first year and that puts me home only around 6-7 days a month , its only a year , just wondering how the hell i can eat cheaply ,

Hey! I used to drive about 2years ago with US-EXPRESS. I used to deliver to the dollar tree stores and I had to unload the whole trailer by myself. I thought it would be a good Idea to buy some POWER BLOCKS to work out while I was on the road. Anyways I didn't touch them once because I was so tired from driving and unloading the trailer. So after a while I started getting kind of fat from eating junk food at the truck stops. I would say that it's doable, but you have to be dedicated and have enough motivation to get to the gym after a long day of driving. Good luck though I'm actually thinking about going back to driving, but I'm trying to find something local if possible. I'm from Chicago too:headbang:

Last edited:
ive done this for a little while......

the best thing to do.....is not worry to much about it...
and everything comes as a (need to do basis).....

....keep lots of RTDs
....lots of protien powders
....keep your supps on the truck
....eating is easy....i would regularly hit chili's for a chickenbreast platter
of some kind....and there are tons of these resturants just off the HWY..

i would find a good spanish or italian deli......and they have EVERYTHING
YOU NEED FOR MEALS ON GO....

then.....when you get used to your routes...???.....you will know where to go
quickly....for breakfast, and places tht can (somewhat) cater to you....
i had this one place for breakfast, (sometimes you gotta go inside, and talk to
people....tell them your situation...tell then what you do and what you need,
alot of times people will help you get what you need)...anyway..the waitress
would make me a 10 egg'er with salsa and 4 pieces of wholewheat toast, for
like 12 bux......i would wait give her 20 bux and she was more than happy..
and so was i.....giving me calories for almost half the day....it can be done
these spanish and italian bodegas or delis, have chicken breasts rady to eat..
i would grab 4 or 5 with a quart of 3 bean salad, and be good for the rest of
the day.....

now training, you have to get creative.....get your routine down pat.....all your
routes......then start lookin for gyms.....
you need to go inside and talk to the OWNER..(if he or she is in)
or manager.....tell them your sitiation.....tell them....
"look i need to train....i like the gym....im not rich.....what can you do for me"
tell them..."im over the road, and i pass through 2 times a week, what can you
do??? "......alot of times they will help you out....if not.....go to the next spot.
i had several gyms....privately owned gyms.....reduce the "daily gym fee" to 5
dollars, instead of 10 or 15 bucks....because i was honest with them....

the best thing i can tell you, is........things have a way of working themselves
out.....for the best.....and it will for you too

good luck and IT CAN BE DONE......it just takes some intuition and creativity

:cool:

Allot of local jobs hiring , pay is real good too , but the real good ones want at least a year experience , so if i can suck it up for a year i could potentially have a great job , is hard though will miss my girl and my kids, don't know how long haul drivers do it

Allot of local jobs hiring , pay is real good too , but the real good ones want at least a year experience , so if i can suck it up for a year i could potentially have a great job , is hard though will miss my girl and my kids, don't know how long haul drivers do it

I didn't do it for too long. but it was hard not seing my wife and worring about her. Hey you should try US-EXPRESS out of joliet. they run the dollar tree accounts and are home on weekends. also after you make a delivery you come back to joliet to pic up another load every other day. so it's not bad if you need to do it to get the experience.

I didn't realize that you were brand new to the industry. I'll do my best.

First, sign up for all of the 'point cards' at the truck stops. Pilot, TA etc. You typically get a penny a gallon, double that some months. Many trucks stops are attached to Subways. A penny a gallon equates to approximately two free footlongs a week. Subs are not the best but better than most other options you'll have if made properly.

Next, think about nuts and other dry or dehydrated products in bulk. Also, canned chicken, tuna etc. There is an elevated sodium and preservative content in them but... Again, not the very best but better than a spicy steak Tornado off of the roller rack.

Do you recieve subsistence, pier diem or layover pay from your (potential) employer? If you don't know, find out. That is money to subsidize your on the road living expenses. In most cases it is non taxable. Make sure to seperate that from your prospective earnings. If you itemize on your taxes, save all reciepts as well. Sorry if I'm complicating things.

If you can get into an 'X' tanker posistion out of the gate, take it! Your first year will fly by. Steer clear (pardon the pun) of cheapy freight if you want to earn and stay physically fit. Ie; C.R England, Roehl, US Express, Dart, Werner, Swift etc.

Lastly, if there is anything, I do mean anything that I can help with PM me. I hate to see new drivers taken advantage of and/or discouraged due to ignorance or thirsty ass trucking companies.

Makes me want to watch Over the Top with Stallone!! NO, on a serious note, the Golds idea is golden, mine works great when I travel, or any of the other multiple nationwide chains opening, its better than nothing! The bands to keep in the truck would help along with point cards at fuel stations to help eating, obviously carrying your food is best but my job requires on the go eating a lot as well and can see your side as well!! Be safe cause I used to be part of a trucking co and hope all works out for you and your family!

I've been in trucking most of my life. What these guys have said is true.

First off....drive LOCAL!!! If the option is available in your area. Sleeping in the truck is not fun. Times are better now with electronic logs. When I drove it was paper logs. Nothing unordinary to work a 18-19 hour day and do it again.

The company I'm with actually prefer to hire direct from school. I work in petroleum too. Hauling gasoline is dangerous but one of my favorite freights to haul. No heavy lifting but more less some light cardio. Flats are a lot of work. Those tarps are 100+ lbs, even more covered in ice/rain.

Eating will actually be easy, it's having time to go to the gym (if otr). Don't get me wrong, otr isn't bad if you have no life/family or hobbies. You are living on the road.

If you go local, expect to work on avg 10-11 hrs per day. You will thank yourself.

I've been an OTR truck driver for almost 18 years. Its hard to find time and opportunity to eat and train. I have a condo sleeper thats over 8 ft high inside so I mounted a pullup bar. I also take an old milk crate with eight 10lb plates, two 5lb plates and two 2.5lb plates with a dumbell. I can make a dumbell from 5 to 100lbs. Other things I carry are resistance bands and push up handles. I work a five on two off schedule right now so I do all my heavy stuff on the day I come home, my two days off and the day I go to work, then light stuff on the road. With the dedication you already have and a little imagination you can keep yourself in shape as an otr driver, especially if its only for a year. Most people consisdering becomeing a truck driver, I'll advise them not to( its not the romanticized cliche of traveling the and seeing the countrty, its 70 hrs a week,[if you run legal, many don't] hardly ever home, lonely, going thru most places at nite so you don't really see shit and will probably give you hemroids!) but for they way you wanna do it, just for a year and then go local, I'd say to go for it. Good luck, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

I've done what you want to do, i work currently as a product delivery driver for major oil companies, none of the major oil companies have there own drivers anymore, the liability is to high so they hire carrier companies to do there work, the turnover is very high as drivers usually can't handle the pace or the very strict rules of the carriers and local terminals, you can not make any mistake in this industry or you will get fired, i work in the most demanding area of the US and i don't know any BB in this industry except for me and i have 7 herniated disk and torn ligaments in both shoulders to show for it, I'm sorry for being so negative and I'm sure there are area's and carriers that demand less of the driver's but i wanted the big money so I'm paying for it, if you really want to do tankers try companies that stickily do jet fuel as it is a lot more laid back but very strict because of the special handling of the fuel.
good luck!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear