over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding and working 3rd shift.

DaHurt

Registered
I am currently applying for jobs, and one looks very promising. Love the sound of the work, pay and benefits should be on point, and it's a laid back company atmosphere with a great philosophy.

The only issue is that it is a 3rd shift supervisor position. 3rd shift meaning 10p-6a.

Just wondering if any of you work third shift? If so how does it affect your training, eating, etc?

Thanks.

I work 10p-7a. Its veru hard to adjust at first and i hated it, but now its not so bad.. when i work i wake up around 3pm and do all of my things and hit the gym and all, then work 10-7, then come home and sleep til around 3 and repeat. When im off, i go to bed around 2-3 am and get up around 1pm and its basically like z normal persons weekend day. With this arrangement im close to a normal schedule and im not a nightdweller but im also not switching sleep times on work days and off days. It works out for me. It sucks ass when you first try to adjust to sleeping during the day and ul at night. Not even the light bothering you, just your body has slept at night for years andbeen up during the day and it takes longer than you think to adjust..

I work 10p-7a. Its veru hard to adjust at first and i hated it, but now its not so bad.. when i work i wake up around 3pm and do all of my things and hit the gym and all, then work 10-7, then come home and sleep til around 3 and repeat. When im off, i go to bed around 2-3 am and get up around 1pm and its basically like z normal persons weekend day. With this arrangement im close to a normal schedule and im not a nightdweller but im also not switching sleep times on work days and off days. It works out for me. It sucks ass when you first try to adjust to sleeping during the day and ul at night. Not even the light bothering you, just your body has slept at night for years andbeen up during the day and it takes longer than you think to adjust..

That's kind of what I was thinking. I think I could handle it as long as my schedule stayed consistent. It's good to hear it doesn't adversely affect your training.

You should be fine once you adjust to your schedule. I mean its not as bad as being on call or swing shift.

thats the problem i have. i am on call 24/7 sometimes gone for a couple of days. all i can do is lift when i get home.
You should be fine once you adjust to your schedule. I mean its not as bad as being on call or swing shift.

My good friend works third shift and just won the overall at our state show. It can be done. He's a beast. I say give it a shot. Good luck.

I hd some of my best workouts working 3rd shift. Key for me was to go straight to gym when I got out of work in the am. Was difficult for me to eat tho during the night. And if using slin it can be a pain in the ass to. I used to just take my slin pre workout out of necessity.

ofcourse it can be done .. and we all play with hormones so I wont mention the affects it has on them...

However I will say, the 3 things that are heavily affected that could cut into your progress is

DEPRESSION
MOTIVATION
ENERGY
APPETITE

ofcourse it can be done .. and we all play with hormones so I wont mention the affects it has on them...

However I will say, the 3 things that are heavily affected that could cut into your progress is

DEPRESSION
MOTIVATION
ENERGY
APPETITE

That was 4 things :D

Just messing... I agree with the 4 :) I wouldn't mind a job at those hours that much. I would personally have a meal after work then go the gym then a shake and get home and large meal then sleep. Although that way your getting up even later in the day. It could be hard if you have kids/family who live on 'normal' hours.

If it were a slightly later finish such as 8 I would go the gym after a sleep. All depends upon distance from work to gym nd home etc. But it could be done you just need to get into the new routine. The first month would be the hardest.

I work second shift 4-1 am. It sucks to adjust to at first but once you get your sleep schedule down and such it's fine. I lift a few hours vefore going in which is rough because I am in a hot warehouse moving and stacking boxes all day but it's easy to get used to. As for eatig at my job I get one break every 2 hours for 15 mins and 1 30 min lunch break. Easy to fit in meals. Good luck it's all about adjusting

I worked 3rd shift for a year after I got out of the Marines and I actually loved working that shift.

I found it much easier to work out right after work instead of before work.

After a few weeks you should get accustom to your new schedule. Just stay motivated.

The hardest part is adjusting your sleep and eating patterns. Diphenhydramine will help you sleep and adjust to your new schedule. I hate working during the hottest part of the day, i sleep right through it.

I hd some of my best workouts working 3rd shift. Key for me was to go straight to gym when I got out of work in the am. Was difficult for me to eat tho during the night. And if using slin it can be a pain in the ass to. I used to just take my slin pre workout out of necessity.

Agree. Worked nights at hospital and hit gym @7am. Not to many cellphone using cock gassers at that time. But i also prefer to workout after work rather than getting up early to do it.

i have worked 3rd for 6 years. i like it very laid back at work. 11-6am. i train right after work as i have had a few meals and fueled and warmed up. i train my best after i have a couple meals and the body is warmed up and firing away. generally i stay up and sleep in the evening. but i can sleep late in morning and get up by 6 and have my evening free. and i usually stay up all friday and am back on a normal schedule on saturday and take a nap before work on sunday.

i work 3rd shift but i only work part time. 11pm-3am. i workout right after i get off, shower and then go to sleep. its tough to get to bed after getting pumped and ready to go, even after extremely tough leg day

but its the only time i can work out without screwing me over at work since my job is so labor intensive

Come on OP, working 3rd shift is not a big deal. When you leave your shift and go straight to the gym, there's nobody there;).

Did it for years, in very high stress job (that I loved). Yeah, It was fine for training and that was before any AAS.

Take some melatonin when you get home and wear a eye mask or get some blackout curtains and you'll adjust quickly. I never slept better than when I was on that shift and haven't ever slept as well since.

Good luck in the new job!

As long as you can get your sleep down its not bad. Some people just cant seem to adjust to it but most of us do. Blackout curtains are lifesavers!

I am currently applying for jobs, and one looks very promising. Love the sound of the work, pay and benefits should be on point, and it's a laid back company atmosphere with a great philosophy.

The only issue is that it is a 3rd shift supervisor position. 3rd shift meaning 10p-6a.

Just wondering if any of you work third shift? If so how does it affect your training, eating, etc?

Thanks.

You have to adjust your whole life style but it can be done. Pack a cooler and eat a small blanced meal every 2-3 hours. Make sure your getting plenty of rest and not staying up too late when you get off work.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131