over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding coaching and the law

ALLEX

Banned
So, help me understand this...

Some bodybuilder dies from, let's say, a hypo shock. Police and/or family members find an email or message from a bodybuilding coach saying "take 20iu of insulin before each meal, this amount of tren, that amount of DNP..." or something like that.

How's the liability on these things? Is there a waiver that the athlete agrees to before working with someone? Is this waiver lawful or valid?

Personal trainers aren't supposed to even "prescribe" specific diets, unless they're a licensed dietitian/ registered nutritionist. They can be held liable if something goes bad, per se such as a hypoglycemic event, dehydration, ect.

The same can be said with a controlled substance. Personal trainers aren't Doctor's. As far as a waiver goes, better have a good attorney.

Last edited:
i don't recall coming across PEDs during any of my cases involving tort law :eek:

I imagine strict liability would prove difficult to establish

With witnesses and everything?

it's not really about witnesses, per se.

you tell someone to do something, and they do it.. there is an element of personal accountability that comes into play, at least here in the US

I would imagine that any trainer who has his ducks in a row would consult with a lawyer in order to draft up waivers to avoid any potential of being held liable.

you tell someone to do something, and they do it.. there is an element of personal accountability that comes into play, at least here in the US

Even if you are a coach or a guru and get paid to do it? Is that even considered a job? Do these people study or get certificates to be fitness coaches?

If I were a guru I would definitely have some paperwork and contract stating the client or his family could not sue for any reason. I would also have a standard disclaimer to consult with your physician prior to considering anything I would advise.

When I worked as a personal trainer at a large gym the paperwork/contract said I could intentionally try to harm you and you were waiving your right to sue if I did harm you.

Even if you are a coach or a guru and get paid to do it? Is that even considered a job? Do these people study or get certificates to be fitness coaches?

well, like I said in an earlier post.. there's likely not a great deal of information or precedent on it.

you give a guy money to tell you what he would hypothetically do "if he were in a country where it would be legal to use PEDs and he was trying to get big af"

you see how it would be pretty difficult to build a case against that guy.

as for whether or not it's a real job... well, plenty of people seem to be having success with it.

trainers...coaches give "SUGGESTIONS"....

what you do with it is on you....no crimes are being broken.

now perhaps a civil case can be sought out....wrongful death.

If I were a guru I would definitely have some paperwork and contract stating the client or his family could not sue for any reason. I would also have a standard disclaimer to consult with your physician prior to considering anything I would advise.

That doesn't work here at all. The judge would rip the contract on your face.

To give any fitness related advice, you need 5 years of college and a certificate. And you cannot talk about food or diet at all. Only a nutritionist can do it.

And PEDs, don't even dream about it.

To give any fitness related advice, you need 5 years of college and a certificate. And you cannot talk about food or diet at all. Only a nutritionist can do it.

that's why I love living in a somewhat free country :eek:

I think tenny said it best, "no crimes are being broken"

If a crackhead overdoses on drugs, very very rarely will the dealer be charged with manslaughter, but there have been rare cases when the drugs where laced with poisons that the dealer gets manslaughter charged.

Applying this logic to bodybuilders I can see it being very hard to hold a coach accountable, who is more responsible, the dealer or coach? or Walmart for selling you regular insulin OTC?

that's why I love living in a somewhat free country :eek:

I think tenny said it best, "no crimes are being broken"

plus....a judge would need proof (without a doubt) that "someone"
was following a certain "SUGGESTION"....

example....

you suggest 10iu...and someone takes 100iu.....whos fault is that

what crime is being done..???

Thats nuts. In the states, if you sign a contract it is held in court as legitimate unless you can prove you were forced to sign the contract or you were not of sound mind at that time.

It scares me traveling abroad with different laws in different countries.

in Australia people have sued local councils for tripping over themselves and breaking bones. We had a guy sue the local council because he dived into the ocean and hit his head on the sand.

The mentality of 'i will sue you because of my stupidity' would be ever present in the USA just like Australia, I would not be suprised if this could possibly open a can of worms and I would not want to be the person with a paper trail (email after email) a mile long showing myself openly discussing/suggesting (however you try and word it) illegal drug protocols.

We can all 'guess' at what we think will happen however I have seen such stupid things people have done to themselves and without to much trouble been able to sue someone else for it.

Last edited:
Thats nuts. In the states, if you sign a contract it is held in court as legitimate unless you can prove you were forced to sign the contract or you were not of sound mind at that time.

It scares me traveling abroad with different laws in different countries.

(except prenups)

it's not really about witnesses, per se.

I would imagine that any trainer who has his ducks in a row would consult with a lawyer in order to draft up waivers to avoid any potential of being held liable.

The law seems crazy these days. I think there was a girl that lost her case, she was being tried for a crime because she told a boy to commit suicide and he did. They had the text messages or something. Either she lost the case and is going to prison or she is in the fight of her life. There was another similar case too.

The law seems crazy these days. I think there was a girl that lost her case, she was being tried for a crime because she told a boy to commit suicide and he did. They had the text messages or something. Either she lost the case and is going to prison or she is in the fight of her life. There was another similar case too.

Michelle Carter got sentenced to 15 months in prison, but will remain free during the appeals process

I personally don't agree with the sentence at all.

the girl is clearly a crazy bitch, but IMO, shouldn't be put behind bars.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131