over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding is a sport of ILLUSION

Quality and condition is what gets you noticed on stage . Quality takes time and super condition takes serious discipline.

In my opinion we are limited genetically more in how big we can get.... than how conditioned we can get... Both take years of discipline, hard work and planning.
A super small waist, good shoulders/legs will give the illusion that your "big" but big is a subjective term..

Muscle does not come easy and neither does seriously low bodyfat. If both were easy you would see most competitors huge and shredded but that's not the case..

Its not easy to have both. Personally i have chosen to sacrifice a little size to have more condition, not just for competition. And each time i tried it the other way around.... i did not look right, its not for me.. I have decided to stick to what works for me and thats what i advocate.

Basically we all have a place in this sport. I choose my style of bodybuilding/training all year .. but others like a different look and go a different route. I think its great that we can all come together and support each other..

Last edited:
So are you guys saying that it really comes down to genetics? I mean I get down to 208 at 5ft 9inch about 9% and I dont look near as big as someone who is 180.. WTF? So theres nothing a person can do to get that huge look at a lighter weight? Would Synthol work??? damn

If you are 5'9" and 208 at 9% bf I would say that's pretty big. Maybe you just don't have an accurate image of yourself. I know in my case, when I'm putting on size I don't even realize it. People start telling me I'm looking bigger an I'm like, really?

So are you guys saying that it really comes down to genetics? I mean I get down to 208 at 5ft 9inch about 9% and I dont look near as big as someone who is 180.. WTF? So theres nothing a person can do to get that huge look at a lighter weight? Would Synthol work??? damn

On a bodybuilding Stage Under Lightning or Standing Beside Someone naked ,lets say your 208 at 9% (when you say about did you get it Tested By calipers? too many people estimate their bodyfat in the air)..

BUT

A guy who is around the same height as you and lets say 185 Could look Way more Impressive because of his Genetics Structure,Muscle Bellies, Joint size... Skin Color... and Many other factors....

So Yes, WEIGHT isnt everything

Thats very true... sometimes its hard to look at ourselves when you look in the mirror and compare from what our perception is. My bodyfat was testing at the local university at 9% with under water weighing. I guess I look at the pics of frank zane, larry scott, and those guys were not even as ripped as todays bodybuilders, but they looked huge back then. I guess it is so much genetics and muscle shape.. sux! haha

the truth comes out at the end of the night when they do the comparisons. How many times have we all seen a middleweight or light heavy look just as big if not bigger than a heavy or unconditioned superheavy?

Good Post Shelby...i know i would rather LOOK like I weight more than I really do.

yea Alex looks like he weighs tons more..packed with shredded mass

RJ

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member