over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding Obsession

Cito33189

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I hope im not the only one... Im 23 years old been training for 5 years, serioulsy training and dieting for the past 2. I am in college and I feel like Im obsessed, I never party cant remeber the last time I tasted alcohol. My senior year is coming to an end and now I need to search for a career hopefully law enforcement, and all I think about is not being able to lift and dedicate my time to bodybuilding as I have been. Competed last year twice took 3rd and 5th. I feel like my whole day revolves around eating and training I time my meals is anyone else in this situation. I feel like this is all I want to do I love it but honestly I cant make a profession out of it. I just dont want to look back and feel like I missed out. I look at other students my age and there all fat out of shape beer drinkers that to me is a waste of time... I dont know where I'm going with this convo just thought I'd write and see what others had to share...

I hope im not the only one... Im 23 years old been training for 5 years, serioulsy training and dieting for the past 2. I am in college and I feel like Im obsessed, I never party cant remeber the last time I tasted alcohol. My senior year is coming to an end and now I need to search for a career hopefully law enforcement, and all I think about is not being able to lift and dedicate my time to bodybuilding as I have been. Competed last year twice took 3rd and 5th. I feel like my whole day revolves around eating and training I time my meals is anyone else in this situation. I feel like this is all I want to do I love it but honestly I cant make a profession out of it. I just dont want to look back and feel like I missed out. I look at other students my age and there all fat out of shape beer drinkers that to me is a waste of time... I dont know where I'm going with this convo just thought I'd write and see what others had to share...

I know exactly how you feel. I am a former marine, and now college student and bodybuilding is my passion. I was especially worried, as you are when I got out of the military that I would not be able to traina nd eat like I should. What I have found though is that this is never easy. It rarely fits perfectly into anyones schedule. The people who are succesfull here are the ones who are consistent. Anyone can diet and train when it is easy, it is when life throws you curve balls that the real challenge begins. Hope this helps you a little bit. Stay strong and focused

Young brother, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your dedication, however you gotta find balance in your life, I have been training for 27 years, and at one point in my life I felt the same way you did, I competed in some local shows, but I knew that I was not going to make a career out of it, so I had to take steps to adjust my training and dieting to my career. thankfully we are beings that have the ability to adjust to any circumstance, so I think that as career challenges arise in your life you're still be able to keep your bodybuilding going as you build for the future. I am 46 now , have 5 kids, been married for longer than you've been alive and have never stop training, I just had to make changes. God bless you bro.

Young brother, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your dedication, however you gotta find balance in your life, I have been training for 27 years, and at one point in my life I felt the same way you did, I competed in some local shows, but I knew that I was not going to make a career out of it, so I had to take steps to adjust my training and dieting to my career. thankfully we are beings that have the ability to adjust to any circumstance, so I think that as career challenges arise in your life you're still be able to keep your bodybuilding going as you build for the future. I am 46 now , have 5 kids, been married for longer than you've been alive and have never stop training, I just had to make changes. God bless you bro.

X2. You have to have some balance in your life. My first 3 years of college I never went out with friends and was very secluded. My days consisted of eating, training, and sleeping. I competed a few times and did pretty well. However, my last year I finally got talked into going out with a few others in my Ex Sci class and I had a blast. I didn't get f'd up, but also didn't bring my chicken breast and brown rice to the party. I hung out a lot more the last year and made some excellent lifelong friends. I don't regret the first three years of school, but definitely would have done things a little differently if I had another chance. Just my opinion.

Minister gave you some really good advice. In most fields of endeavor the utlitmate success lies with those who are extremely dedicated to one pursuit at the expense of other things in their life.

Balance.

I think that is the key. I would prefer to be successful and happy on many different levels that only on one, especially one that paid as little and got as little overall respect and acceptance as bodybuilding. And before I get jumped on by the "I don't care what anybody thinks, I lift for myself!" crowd I will posit to you that if no one else had eyes its highly unlikely you would lift to look like you do.

Prepare to make your life exciting. Get a rewarding career that can eventually provide the financial support to fulfill your dreams. While we shouldn't be all about chasing money, I will assure you that financial stress will destroy many other things in your life if you do not get it together and keep it together.

Do not neglect spirituality. It too takes effort to get its true rewards. You have already learned through your bodybuilding that nothing comes without work. Being spiritually enlightened, finding passion in everyday life, building a terrific family, are all going to take time and effort.

There are countless posts by more mature members preaching balance and moderation in your life. Look up posts by Massive G and even IABADMAN just to name a couple. You admit straight out that bodybuilding as a profession is not in your future. Good. Now start putting the effort into what will be your future and make bodybuilding a part of it. I will assure you there are many, countless things more rewarding than an extra quarter inch peak on your biceps. :)

Do this:
1) Read Dante´s posts about genetics and reality of your goals
2)reevaluate your goals
3)Study and have a career, educate yourself about something, be damned good and enjoy it, read books, watch good movies, travel... you can bodybuild at the same time (just find a program that doesn´t need 2 hours a day and schedule your cruises for exam time and travels... is that simple)

Above all. Be happy. Don't look back later and say" wow, I wish I would have done that but I was at the gym." A true obsession of any type is never good. Balance in all things.

Above all. Be happy. Don't look back later and say" wow, I wish I would have done that but I was at the gym." A true obsession of any type is never good. Balance in all things.

masterfully said

:)

cito...im 22 and i too am very addicted to bodybuilding. im not goin to go into the business instead im gonna be an estimated/project manager. but i realized the best way around it is to find that balance between work and hobbies. i still get meals in even while im at school or on a job site, but the most important is to balance it and still be happy.

Bro! bodybuilding is awesome.... but you gotta live life... find a happy medium. Go out and have a good time every once in a while. these are your best years of your life. make some memories.. you got your whole life ahead of you. im 24 and i just figured out how to fit it all in 2 years ago. DONT LET THIS SPORT CONSUME YOU! cuz its real easy to let it!

im 22 years old and been liftin for about 6 years now. i go out and do stuff with my friends every now and then but sometimes i just don't want to go out. and when i make plans with anyone (rarely) im usualy late from workout or cooking 6 hours worth of meals to take with me. and the only reason i even go out is becouse i consider it a form of active recovery. i don't think im obsessed with bodybuilding becouse i do plan on making it a career and im not going to stop until i am an IFBB pro bodybuilder. and by the way im no adrenalin junkie but id say adding 1'' to my arms is pretty thrilling.:D

I love to train and I love the routine of bb'ing, but I found I came to a crossroads that at some point, if I wanted to dedicate myself 100%, I would be that lean,yoked mofo who had no friends and would spend his weekends alone in his apt reading forums. For me, I try my hardest to balance this hobby/lifestyle without alienating those around me and I'll cheat and drink with my buddies and go on vaca's with my friends and I try to my hardest to minimize the damage bb'ing wise.

ive heard all this before and i understand some of the veiws and points, but even thoe at it all i dont understand how somepeople can be so wrapped up in it to where they think its over taken their lives,

i go to the gym daily lift and cardio, school full time and study a bit, eat meals all in between, ya when your bulking eating can take a bit more time in the day, but even social life is still present, but not as much , you make time for who you want to be with, occasionaly go to the bar or clubs or have fun , i dont see where and why life cant be happy with what all im doing,

can someone fill me in more with what i seem to be missing on getting overtaken by bodybulding, and even more into getting ready for a show, -same ol keto diet with some adjustments along the way, slap on tanner, lift and go pose huh?

unless u have a show and u are 8 weeks out, i don't see why would anyone lock himself inside the lifestyle, u'll eventually burned out and felt miserable especially when you got off the gym at a friday night and go home all by yourself while your peers are driving nice cars and getting bitches left and right. and the guys that go out still have a better physique than u, now thats fucking miserable:D

like pretty much everyone has said so far, find a balance (easier said than done). You dont have to alienate bodybuilding or stop lifting hardcore, but at the same time make time to just have fun and live a little. I slowly started to slip into a similar phase where I skipped out on so many parties and good times missed forever just so I wouldnt miss some f*ckin shoulders or arms workout on a friday night.

Those are times I will never get back, and especially since I was/am young.. its just retarded not to enjoy it. Not allowing yourself to socialize and have experiences sound more like work or punishment. Have a beer every now and then. Go out and treat yourself to some pizza or a chinese buffet lol :D. Because experiences will last forever. Your body however does not.

You dont have to turn into a typical beer bellied out of shape college aged dude. From the sound of it you are alot more than that already. Now take the discipline and drive you use in bodybuilding and maybe try to thrive in the other aspects of life. Now that is a challenge.. :eek:

I understand how ya feel bro. I was the same way through college(recent graduate). Until my senior year, I lived and breathed body-building. Didn't go out or anything. Its all about balance, I look back now and I feel like I missed out of some of the good times because I was obsessed with it. I had a hard time adjusted when I got into the "real world". As everyone stated, its all about balance. You will adjust but make sure you don't miss out on the good things in life. You only live once bro. I love to train and I still do almost religiously. But I'm not gonna make a living do this so if I miss a workout its not the end of the world. Train because your love it and enjoy your life. There are so many joys in life and I think you will realize this as you mature and get older. Just my .02

well this is how i look at it : when im at work and i have to deal with an unruly customer or re-inventory the entire warehouse AGAIN or if i get home to find my door locked and i can't find my key, the feeling i get when this stuff happens is the same feeling i get when anything in my life having to do with my bodybuilding is disrupted. i don't like any of these things and i love bodybuilding so why would i rather do things that i hate and not the things i love? is it because there is a chance that by devoting all my resources to BB that one day when im 30 i will wake up and realize that im not happy living in a trailer park and driving a geo metro even though i have 22 inch arms and 35 inch quads because i just don't have the body type for a mr olympia. all i have to say is look at branch warren. before the 09' olympia many people argued that his body type was not that of a mr olympia and he somehow managed to take second place becouse he was smart about making improvements where they were needed and he busted his ass in the gym.

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner