over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding on your social networking

Is bodybuilding all over your social media acceptable?

• Yes. If it's your interest, post away.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Yes, but without going overboard or seeming fanatical.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No, keep it in the gym or among friends.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pieguy

Registered
Do you guys feel it is acceptable to fill your own avenues of social networking with fitness or bodybuilding related material, whether it be facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc?

I was never one to mention my endeavors in bodybuilding, partially because I don't want to be perceived as a meathead, and also because I really don't think anybody gives a shit if I can squat so and so or did whatever workout at whatever gym.

I started lifting when lifting was more of a niche thing, but this latest fitness craze has everybody hash-tagging and posting about anything and everything fitness. If you're in the industry, I understand social networking is a great way to get yourself out there so it makes sense. But, if it's just a hobby, what then?

Everybody has an opinion and there's no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious how others feel.

I belong to a couple groups and run one of my own, I dont get carried away in all the BS drama, I talk shit, talk about bodybuilding and have some fun with it. But I dont post up my pics and talk about myself incessantly, its not a ME factor like it is for so many people with constant selfies and food pics.
I try to keep it real...hard to do amongst all the phonies.

Do you guys feel it is acceptable to fill your own avenues of social networking with fitness or bodybuilding related material, whether it be facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc?

I was never one to mention my endeavors in bodybuilding, partially because I don't want to be perceived as a meathead, and also because I really don't think anybody gives a shit if I can squat so and so or did whatever workout at whatever gym.

I started lifting when lifting was more of a niche thing, but this latest fitness craze has everybody hash-tagging and posting about anything and everything fitness. If you're in the industry, I understand social networking is a great way to get yourself out there so it makes sense. But, if it's just a hobby, what then?

Everybody has an opinion and there's no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious how others feel.

It's perfectly fine... If you want to be perceived as a meathead and prejudged for your fringe interests. Because you are exactly right, that's what I lot of people will do. It's your choice. Many people choose to make it part of their identity and who they are, others, like me, keep it more subtle because of my profession, etc. I personally don't do Facebook because I think it's pretentious and cancerous. You get sucked into everyone's fake projection of who they want to be perceived as. It's all rather disgusting to me. I'd rather just not be lured into seeing who's doing what Saturday or who went where for their vacation, etc.

But more on topic, you analyzed it accurately in my opinion. Only you can decide if you want that part of your life wrapped up into how you're perceived by others. If you're a trainer and make your living in the industry, it's probably wise. Otherwise, it's just a fringe hobby/interest that will allow the masses to form an inaccurate picture of who you are or how you act.

Let's be honest. This sport/hobby does draw idiot meatheads like flies to shit.

Last edited:
I don't give 2 fucks if it's your bulking season or how many hamburgers you are grilling to make you a fat ass. Can anyone fucking lift or eat without posting a pic or telling everyone?? ( not specifically you referring to people on my FB who I've long deleted)

Also other rants is that you refer to yourself as an alpha, have to buy matching beauty and beast pillows cuZ u know ur so huge, and you watch ape shit because you know u think your as big as a fucking silverback.

I don't give 2 fucks if it's your bulking season or how many hamburgers you are grilling to make you a fat ass. Can anyone fucking lift or eat without posting a pic or telling everyone?? ( not specifically you referring to people on my FB who I've long deleted)

Also other rants is that you refer to yourself as an alpha, have to buy matching beauty and beast pillows cuZ u know ur so huge, and you watch ape shit because you know u think your as big as a fucking silverback.

I agree. First rule of Bodybuilding, don't talk about Bodybuilding. That is unless you're at the gym or specifically hanging out with other dysmorphia victims who share your sickness. Lol.

:yeahthat:

haha this is the kind of reaction I was waiting for. I don't do it now simply because I don't want to be perceived as what Red is talking about

I post nothing bodybuilding related on social media because that would alienate me from pretty much everyone else. Instead, I get tagged in normal pictures and try to post jokes people would laugh at. Id rather people see I look big and jacked but I try not to talk about it. Except on the forums of course.

Oh you just hit a new PR on your WOD, BRO?

**broken link removed**

Every time somebody mentions WOD or box on my facebook, I feel like punching a crossfitter in the face.

I have a few meat head "friends" and on their Facebook, all you see is tagging themselves at the gym, or either posting pics or their meals.... the majority of their their pictures are them shirtless in the mirror

PRETTY FUCKING SAD, and they get no girls ;) ! losers with shitty ass jobs to just afford drugs

Everyone I'm friends with lifts, so it's normal with us. But then again I keep it with us..
Scared to post this after seeing the other replies lol. But I only use social media to see and communicate with other lifters. My wife doesn't want to hear about it, and can care less.

I'm not on FB or Twitter anymore because I've got better things to do with my time, but it used to piss me off. If you're not a pro or fitness professional then you have no reason to be constantly blabbing about your routine or diet. If I had a dollar for every fat, lazy ass I knew who would #fitfam on some grainy bathroom pics at the gym then I could afford a bigger house. Twats.

However, if you are proud of an accomplishment (won a show, crazy deadlift record, etc) then post away, at least thats a milestone.

If BB was more accepted among my family and friends, I might spend more time on FB and less here. But I get enough shit from them for making my own meals, not chowing down on pizza and junk food like everyone else, and making the gym a priority, without drawing more attention to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No facebook
No twitter
No snapchat
No instagram
No whatever the hell else social network crap there is
Never even had a myspace when that was popular

Stupid shit if you ask me. Like i give a fuck how much water you gonna drink today. WTF???

No fagbook
No instagay
No other crap
I'm 23yrs old everyone my age is wasting life on fagbook, why would I need social bullshit when I got PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE!!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Only bodybuilders realize that one can be a bodybuilder without also being the classic definition of "meathead". In other words, meathead is more closely related to "idiot" than bodybuilder.

Thing of it is. 90% of the selfies and post about how much they can lift and vids of them lifting crap weight and crap form, are things that most advanced bodybuilders wouldn't bother bragging about.
Deadlifting 500lbs is average, Squatting 500 or less is average, Benching 400lbs is average.
These things are NOT newsworthy. Its in these peoples own little fantasy lives that they are accomplishing anything that approaches being impressive.
For the most part they are bodybuildings 'commoners' trying to act out as if they are somehow part of an elitist inner circle. The sad thing is our society isn't keen on calling people out anymore, so people cheer them on for doing really nothing of great importance.
Ah yes the ME factor. Which is why I liked Dorian, no one heard much from the man back then (there wasnt social media too) but he stayed in the shadows and showed up to lay the smacketh down and left.

Now a few pics if your prepping or if your business is personal training or make your money off this like John Meadows is different because his videos are awesome and helpful. But if you have to tell your social media friends 10 x a day your a bodybuilder , well you ain't doing something right.

Oh the other thing that gets my goat is the high in clouds bikini girls who act like they are changing and in fact seen some state they are saving lives because of all if their fitness tips, when the majority of their social media friends just really want a pair if their used panties and in fact they probably sold them some for a "sponsorship".

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws