over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding Relationships

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Skip to 9:10 [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6H37AYq81Q&t=37s"]REAR DELTS SECRETS! #askDave - YouTube[/ame]

Do you find this to be true? experiences? stories?

I think it certainly makes it tougher if your mate is not involved in fitness. Its hard for someone like that to understand all the supplements, meal preparations and time in the gym. If the person is reasonable and understanding you could make it work.

My wife isn't into fitness at all. Shes a healthy eater, but her only trips to the gym are with me when my routine rotates into a weekend. During the week I go at about 4:00am.

But she is supportive and either preps or helps me prep my meals. But I was doing this long before her and she knows it's important to me.

And I don't push anything on her.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

My wife isn't into fitness at all. Shes a healthy eater, but her only trips to the gym are with me when my routine rotates into a weekend. During the week I go at about 4:00am.

But she is supportive and either preps or helps me prep my meals. But I was doing this long before her and she knows it's important to me.

And I don't push anything on her.

Not pushing it on anyone is key. I prefer a significant other who's not as into it. We would both be to interested in ourselves to pay attention to the other besides.. I like my girls soft

Agree with him 100%.... I couldn't have turned Pro this year without the support of my GF..... she competes as well and UNDERSTANDS what comes with this.... we honestly have no social life... the friends we have are ALL in our lifestyle.... it makes it 1000% easier if your partner is into it as well... in fact, I get choked up in my interview with Raymont Edmonds after he mentions that she is my biggest fan

Scroll down to the 40+ & 45+ Winner

npcnewsonline.com/2017-npc-teen-collegiate-masters-nationals-mens-physique-overall-winners/362955/

.... we honestly have no social life... the friends we have are ALL in our lifestyle....

Preface: To each his own

Honestly, this isnt enjoyable to me (as i used to be like this and now realize I missed out on so much). Guess I wont ever be a BBer :lightbulb:

John Meadows would like to have a word with Dave...

[emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I definitely prefer a woman to work out. Where I live, most do. A ton like to take those classes like soul cycle, orange theory, barry’s Boot camp, flywheel, etc which i think is great for them. As long as they’re doing something, I’m happy and it works.

What I don’t like is them trying to preach bad habits upon me like trying to get me to eat unhealthy stuff I don’t want or telling me to stay home from the gym when it only takes up an hour of my day.

Acceptance and validation is what we all seek, no matter the subject matter. I have more interest and respect for someone in a similar lifestyle, particularly if its a serious relationship.
Without common interests and goals, that doesnt make for a smooth relationship

Many great points in this thread. Thank you

Agree with him 100%.... I couldn't have turned Pro this year without the support of my GF..... she competes as well and UNDERSTANDS what comes with this.... we honestly have no social life... the friends we have are ALL in our lifestyle.... it makes it 1000% easier if your partner is into it as well... in fact, I get choked up in my interview with Raymont Edmonds after he mentions that she is my biggest fan

Scroll down to the 40+ & 45+ Winner

npcnewsonline.com/2017-npc-teen-collegiate-masters-nationals-mens-physique-overall-winners/362955/

Preface: To each his own

Honestly, this isnt enjoyable to me (as i used to be like this and now realize I missed out on so much). Guess I wont ever be a BBer :lightbulb:

Ive done this lifestyle quite strict since 2002. Around 2003-2014 or so I didnt go out much socially; although some, not too often sometimes, and now that I heard the advice of Lee haney, and Dorian yates that unless this is a career for you where making a lot of money, its important to enjoy life now and again.

In the offseason I eat out sometimes, I like to go out socially and do stuff with people, whether its an activity partner (which thats what most "friends" are, people use one another socially to do stuff together, hangout, etc), or a date, if I m always sitting at home, when i have time to do stuff, I feel like i'm missing out on life.

Contest time its different although I have gone out and brought my tuna, sweet potato and broccoli in a container, and if I'm out its easy, just bring it along, and stay on my meals. Easy Peasy

About...?
A successful relationship with a spouse who doesn't live the same lifestyle.

This advice can often times go parallel with the whole "You need to only focus on bodybuilding" mentality that prevents bodybuilders from holding an actual job.

If this is a hobby (which it is for 99.9% of folks), people need to have their head on straight when it comes to this stuff. Bodybuilding is not paying anyone any long term dividends; it'll probably take back more from you than often times give.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

its a roll of the dice.....like anything else...

:cool:

My wife does yoga once or twice a week but is not in to fitness the way i am, and i prefer it that way. I've been bodybuilding recreationally and competitively for 29 years and she knows how much it has shaped who I am and how it balances out my life. She supports me fully and if she was in to it the same way i don't think we'd click the way we do; I have my thing and she has hers. We have other interests that bond us together.

My wife does yoga once or twice a week but is not in to fitness the way i am, and i prefer it that way. I've been bodybuilding recreationally and competitively for 29 years and she knows how much it has shaped who I am and how it balances out my life. She supports me fully and if she was in to it the same way i don't think we'd click the way we do; I have my thing and she has hers. We have other interests that bond us together.
Exactly the way we approach it. Everybody needs their personal space... And the gym is that for me. My wife does yoga as well....plus she's vegan. We prep dinner together as that is the only meal we eat together through the week. But she helps me out just by supporting me even if it's just a hobby as I don't compete.

Taking my Wife to the Gym for the 1st Time today.
She is naturally in great shape just wants to harden up a little and have Abbs.
I think she has great genetics for this and in just 3 mnths twice a week will see dramatic improvements.
May add 1iu hgh pre into here mix.lol
Buy the way/ she eats more Pizza than Me.....Genetics!

Attachments

• blarneys.JPG
    blarneys.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Relationships are stupid. They offer absolutely no tangible benefit, especially for a man. It doesn't even have to be marraige or kids involved, just plain old cohabitation with a girlfriend is stupid. Fact of the matter is: Women are chameleons. Their interests are fluid and transient if they see an opportunity to garner some form of male attention. I know I'm not only one here who sees these "fitness models" get all decked out in GymShark gear and VS sports bras and post a bunch of trash on IG about "#fitness lyfe!!!11!". To them, fitness and bodybuilding is more of a social activity than an actual competitive endeavor. Partly, I can't even really blame then since it's just the result of pathetic white knight men incessantly commenting ":love::love::love:" on their posts day and night. When they killed off Women's Bodybuilding in the IFBB, it pretty much guaranteed that this would be a self-fulfilling prophecy of highly over-privileged white women boosting their egos. There are only a select few figure girls that are actually in this for the long haul. The only way it will work is if she is just as dedicated to the lifestyle as you are. If she's your average American land-whale that wants to drink beer and lay on the beach all day, well, have fun with that. I'll be saving my money and not dealing with an oversized child.

Get a girl into lifting and she'll love it for a little while, when she monkey-branches away from you to the next sucker, she's a professional gamer-girl all of the sudden. If she don't compete, don't waste your time. Even then, it's not a safe bet. Anything dealing with women rarely is, to be frank.

Last edited:
So, You must be Gay Then...Right.
I bet you do all the cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry and take IT instead of giving IT...
Ok Then! I'll keep the Wife. Just a different pain in the Ass...lol

I bet you do all the cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry and take IT instead of giving IT...

you don't know females very well do you......

:cool:

that's probably why you've been married as long as you have....
I bet there is a lot.....A LOT of shit the whole family hides from you...
"ok...we wont tell dad" is probably an everyday term in your household.

LOL...which is fine for you....because you'll never know about it...

the world is a different place now.....nobody cares how tough someone is.
matter of fact....the tougher YOU THINK you are everybody else just sees
a GIANT DUMMY....

:)

Yep, saw the classic shaming tactics coming. I'm very particular about the way I want my place cleaned and food cooked so even if a bitch wanted to do it for me, I'd still rather do it myself.

To be honest, I envy gays. They see women for what they really are because they have no reason to put the pussy on a pedestal. Their true nature becomes unveiled when you take an objective perspective.

Just go back to your "happy wife, happy life" philosophy and leave the people who value their independence alone.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828