over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding: Remember to Enjoy the Journey

Johnny Smiles

Banned
I have spoken to quite a few young guys thru PM's and chuckle to myself sometimes about how eager they are to get to "this size" or "that size" and its great to have goals but don't forget to ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

i compare a bodybuliding journey much like a greyhound chasing an electronic hare. IF that dog ever catches the hare he is a ruined dog and won't run like he used to. he realized the chase was the fun part. once he caught what he was after he soon realized it was not what he thought it would be.

so to the younger guys out there or guys just starting out in buidling their physique remember that building your physique is the fun part. growing and getting stronger and chasing your goals is whats FUN.
cuz once you DO obtain your goals you will truly understand what it means when someone says "enjoy the journey."

have fun building muscle and getting in shape don't take it too serious and realize that when you max out your physique your journey is... over.
-JS

Last edited:
I have spoken to quite a few young guys thru PM's and chuckle to myself sometimes about how eager they are to get to "this size" or "that size" and its great to have goals but don't forget to ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

i compare a bodybuliding journey much like a greyhound chasing an electronic hare. IF that dog ever catches the hare he is a ruined dog and won't run like he used to. he realized the chase was the fun part. once he caught what he was after he soon realized it was not what he thought it would be.

so to the younger guys out there or guys just starting out in buidling their physique remember that building your physique is the fun part. growing and getting stronger and chasing your goals is whats FUN.
cuz once you DO obtain your goals you will truly understand what it means when someone says "enjoy the journey."

have fun building muscle and getting in shape don't take it too serious and realize that when you max out your physique your journey is... over.

-JS

wonderful post, bro.
that last part has to be printed and hanged on every bodybuilders wall...
this is supposed to be fun... not frustrating... it's not a job, it's a hobby... and yes, maxing out, means over...

right on bro :headbang:

I love seeing this. I am only 22, so I would guess that I am the audience that you are talking about. I have a size I'd like to be at, but after recent and terrifying health problems, I realized that if my biggest concern is putting on size and adding weight in the gym, my life is going pretty damn good.

definitely enjoy the journey and the work and discipline as well as the results. There will come a time when results slow, or become a battle of maintaining. At this time the joy of training and discipline will keep you in the weight room and healthy. The gym is one of the highlights of my day, I love going there and training. It can even be satifying to say no to the junk food all over the place at the office when everyone else gives in, especially the ones who then complain about not losing weight, their health, etc.

to a certain extent at some point in time we will all be a "used to be", but the worst is the guy who looks like he was a never was

Last edited:
Great post, I've always appreciated the lifestyle

Awesome post!

I remember 10 years ago when I dreamed of how big I'd be someday...These days I still want to be big but my main motivation is that I just love to train.

Great post and thanks for the reminder!

i like it bro:headbang:

i compare a bodybuilding journey much like a greyhound chasing an electronic hare. IF that dog ever catches the hare he is a ruined dog and won't run like he used to. he realized the chase was the fun part. once he caught what he was after he soon realized it was not what he thought it would be.

-JS

After reading this, deductive reasoning would suggest you have maxed out your physique and have bin there and done that.
Johnny, why can't you post a headless pic of yourself posing? Would it be that obvious who you are just looking at your body? :) Please don't think I'm calling ya out. I'm not. I have total respect for you. I guess after reading Phils quote you must be sick/badass looking on stage.
Not trying to put you on the stop. I have really enjoyed I.M.ing back and forth at times. I would just like to know what the hell you look like.
After reading some of your emails I know you know allot of "real deal players" in bodybuilding.
How about an arm shot or a leg shot in shape?

If not, you know it's all good my friend!

CG

But...How do you know when you maxed out the physique?
Didn't Brett Favre play this year too? I know not the same, but along the same lines.

For many it's just a means to an end...

i dont think many people would "enjoy" dieting...

Great Post JS, these days I just train to train but when I'm on a workout I don't wanna do I think of all the yrs I used to just love to train...that re-motivates Me"the journey"

JS I think this is a great post, thx.
I am not and never have been a BB, I used to fight and then just kept working out when boxing ended because I loved the idea of getting bigger and stronger and then started training others so they could also enjoy the journey of improving their bodies and quality of life.
But it's easy to lose track of why you fell in love with it in the first place...great reminder about the joy of the journey!

Thanks for this post. I am currently 16 weeks out right now and its hard sometimes when your focused on a goal to enjoy the journey because reaching our goals is just the icing on the cake...

Awesome post JS! I'm just 23 and sometimes I do feel as if I get to caught up in all this...but you're definitely right to just take your time and enjoy the ride that bodybuilding takes you on.

Probably the best post I have seen... apart from the official ass thread :)

I am still faraway from my max so have lots of enjoyment to go.

great post by one one my fav posters....always insightful, polite, and helpful.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131