over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding: visual evolution

IRON37

Registered
Just a crash course through time of what was viewed as the "ideal" muscular development. I know I left out tons of guys.. but I tried to look for what I thought best represented their overall era's.

Attachments

• bbing evolution.JPG
    bbing evolution.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 10,869
NICE!:headbang:

Bruce lee was not a Bodybuilder...he was in very good shape and very lean but he never trained to build large muscles...isn't that what bodybuilding is?

bodybuilding in its purest is totally individualistic, building ones own body to THEIR specific interest. not a judges.

frk

haha Im glad yall noticed, not all of these guys are bodybuilders. I said ideal muscular development for their eras. Do you think in the 70's nobody wanted to look like Bruce Lee? Is bodybuilding only how you look? How large- or how lean you are? Was it always that way? Thats the discussion I aimed to provoke..

and same goes for Hulk Hogan. Obviously hes no world class physique, or technically a bodybuilder competitively at least. But tell me he had no influence in the 80's-early 90's. And what about Schwarzenegger. Do you think if you got a room full of 20 people and asked how he would be remembered mainly everyone would say "MR. UNIVERSE, MR. OLYMPIA 76!!" etc? I doubt most people would really care imo

Bruce lee was not a Bodybuilder...he was in very good shape and very lean but he never trained to build large muscles...isn't that what bodybuilding is?

He trained for function, and obviously trained his mind as well. Can you truly claim to be a "bodybuilder" if you lack in those areas but still have more size? Is the mind disconnected from the body?

Im not saying there even is a right way to answer that lol :D. But I posted these pictures because through time it made me think. Everyone is different, but it made me start to realize Ive missed the point of bodybuilding.

Its become far too much about steroids now it seems, and not enough about HEALTH and the general appreciation of the human body.. just taking care of yourself.

Why does health have to become further dissociated with professional bodybuilding as time goes on? Would it be that bad if it were different? Sometimes I wonder..

Nicely done Iron37. I would find it hard pressed for most of us to have entered into this sport without the influence of someone else. And I bet a lot of folks also started off in some other kind of sport like karate because of Bruce Lee that entailed physical attributes only to become champions in bodybuilding like Flex Wheeler has done.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131