advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding, Where our sport is, and where its heading...

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, Mr Olympia was a nice show this year but I feel a bit discouraged and I'm wondering if I'm not alone. Last year when Dexter took out the mass monsters I felt that we were heading in a "new" direction. I thought the over bloated gut would stop being rewarded and aesthetics would hold be a main factor. My goal since I started in this sport 11yrs ago was to keep the aesthetics physique but hold as much muscle as possible with out sacrament to any area of the body (Such as the core/mid section)

Apparently the IFBB and Mr. Olympian Judges are looking for some thing else. No offense intended but guys like Branch Warren and Jay do NOT have a thin waist line. You can say its mandatory for so much Mass but truth is NO. Lets go to under 202 class, Kevin English for example is a beast his height is not on his side to compete against the big boys (see pic) but look at his symmetry. His leg is as big as his waist! In the heavy weights the waist is the biggest thing on stage period. I'm very exhausted of this turtle shell huge waist look being rewarded on stage, I really thought when they gave Dexter the Sando last year it was going to be put to a stop, but apparently not.

All I know is this, 1970's Olympia had the physique I'm going for with regards to legs being under developed, but every thing else was in control. If you train with me or under me I refuse to go in direction of the mass monster turtle shell waist. Lets bring back an athlete who is patient, who has the "proper" mass in the right places. its not impossible but it takes time. In 10 years we'll see every one has the waist in control... Its not impossible to get huge and sacrifice your waist at same time. We'll be their some day, I was just hoping this day was today.. apparently not...

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
i don't agree with jay getting the o also, but is there really a way to keep your waist down? jay always looked blocky to me with a thick waist. it seems more like a genetic thing to me than something specifically they are doing wrong. for example dexter jackson could never have a thick waist it is just what he was born with..... and i thought correa was the best out of the 202 then english.

i don't agree with jay getting the o also, but is there really a way to keep your waist down? jay always looked blocky to me with a thick waist. it seems more like a genetic thing to me than something specifically they are doing wrong. for example dexter jackson could never have a thick waist it is just what he was born with..... and i thought correa was the best out of the 202 then english.

Well unfortunately genetics play a huge role. Jay Cannot get his waist down, but he shouldn't be rewarded for keeping every thing else up, guys like him just shouldn't be winning, maybe his genetics combined with regiment contributed to his big waist, I cannot say for sure, but point is Mr. Olympia should look incredible, not like a freak with a giant waist. We've had Olympians look great with a normal waist, that should be a mandatory factor every year, so guys don't abuse their bodies to that extent, and health becomes a bigger focus.

I mean you can take 100/iu/day of HGH, you wont die, but you aren't going to look to great. You may look lean but equally as weird at the same time, their needs to be balance. I'm training athletes right now who are going for the big O stage and we know the gut is not in question, we are doing to the best we can with out touching the mid section.

The best bber won the show period IMO. To be able to put on that much mass while coming in as conditioned for his frame is incredible. Let's not discredit Jay's achievement. Dave_19, you have your opinion which I can respect, but I for one favor the mass monsters. I was however shocked that Dex took 3rd. All in all, I really enjoyed this year's Olympia and hope the rest of you guys did as well.

The best bber won the show period IMO. To be able to put on that much mass while coming in as conditioned for his frame is incredible. Let's not discredit Jay's achievement. Dave_19, you have your opinion which I can respect, but I for one favor the mass monsters. I was however shocked that Dex took 3rd. All in all, I really enjoyed this year's Olympia and hope the rest of you guys did as well.

No Pun to Jay not about this..
But my view on bbing, their needs to be more waist control which the athletes do have control over. No one in the 70's 80's had a giant waist yet their muscles were huge and symmetric, it doesn't need to be like it is today. I have proved it within clients, my main client right now is going for the O and we are disregarding today's posing style as well as physique. We are going for a massive look but aesthetically pleasing.

I understood your post Dave and i'm with you when it comes to preferring the look of yesteryear but everyone has their own opinion eh? :)

I have two thoughts

1) Turtle belly should be scored against.
2) Jay was unanimously the best bodybuilder on that day.

We saw the same problem at the Atlantic City Pro show.
Despite the fact that Dennis James has a turtle belly from hell no one that was better than him showed up on that day.

I find that I am a fan of both the aesthetic bodybuilders and the mass monsters. I can't help but cheer RUHLLLL!!!!! yet I also find the thought of overgrown intestines disturbing.

The only real solution is for bodybuilders to bring a package to the contest that makes gh gut irrelevant.

Last edited:
FOOD, FOOD AND MORE FOOD

I hear alot of people blaming the distended stomachs on all the drugs, and im not saying they dont have a part in that because i am sure they do but lets not forget people that when you eat the quantity of food these mass monster have to consume on a daily basis that it will deffinetly stretch the mid section out, given also the amount of years there in this business for. It really gets old having to hear about the drugs all the fucking time....go chug a shit ton of water and tell me what your stomach looks like! Also the bodybuilders of today although not aesthetically pleasing as those of the 70's and 80's, are not even close to as large as the men in the sport today....

anyone remember kevin english back in the day when he was a walking synthol disaster....at one time he had 4 heads to his deltoid

anyone remember kevin english back in the day when he was a walking synthol disaster....at one time he had 4 heads to his deltoid

Yes:
**broken link removed**

I hear alot of people blaming the distended stomachs on all the drugs, and im not saying they dont have a part in that because i am sure they do but lets not forget people that when you eat the quantity of food these mass monster have to consume on a daily basis that it will deffinetly stretch the mid section out, given also the amount of years there in this business for. It really gets old having to hear about the drugs all the fucking time....go chug a shit ton of water and tell me what your stomach looks like! Also the bodybuilders of today although not aesthetically pleasing as those of the 70's and 80's, are not even close to as large as the men in the sport today....

I agree with this statement 100%.

I can't believe people get that upset about the waist thing. First off.. Mass Monsters, are well... Mass Monsters.. Great in every aspect. Aesthetically pleasing physiques.. are a thing of the past.. the sport evolved. Much like we did from chimp's apparently.

Overall The Judges Score the Comp. And Well out of what?? The past 20 years of Mr. O.. Only 1 (Dexter) hasn't had the distended gut?? Obviously there is your fluke. I didn't think he deserved the title last year... I was appalled he won it, and I was even more pleased when he landed in 3rd. I was hoping 5th. I think Kai and Heath outdid good ole Dex this year...

But hey, this is my own opinion right?? We are all entitled to it.

I'm not taking up for Dave at all bc I have a lot of respect for Skip and if Skip doesn't respect someone, I don't.

But here is a pic from Bigguns and Dave did his diet apparently:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/38035-my-first-photoshoot.html

and another

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...rum/35643-stuck-my-diet-what-should-i-do.html

Yes I'm a real trainer lol, several of my clients are from the board. They can speak up and post if they wish, some from the board can also probably reference me turning them down due to being too busy. I don't like training too many at one time. Bigguns is one yes, He trains under DC and also under me. I have countless references. I'm not here to put down any one be it my competition or members. Sorry if I referenced that I'm a trainer when I posted its not a "PR" attempt. Think of it like this, if you were a cook and a cooking forum, don't you think you would reference your "cooking" when speaking your opinion at some point if it were relevant? Its not meant to market myself I'm doing just fine. All the trainers of this board do the same thing and there is nothing wrong with it.

Yes I'm a real trainer lol, several of my clients are from the board. They can speak up and post if they wish, some from the board can also probably reference me turning them down due to being too busy. I don't like training too many at one time. Bigguns is one yes, He trains under DC and also under me. I have countless references. I'm not here to put down any one be it my competition or members. Sorry if I referenced that I'm a trainer when I posted its not a "PR" attempt. Think of it like this, if you were a cook and a cooking forum, don't you think you would reference your "cooking" when speaking your opinion at some point if it were relevant? Its not meant to market myself I'm doing just fine. All the trainers of this board do the same thing and there is nothing wrong with it.

Well, I just wanted to throw out my 2 cents. I am in NO way a competitive bodybuilder.. I am just an average Joe with mediocre genetics who loves to pump iron and live a bodybuilding lifestyle. I don't have any competitive plans at this time, but who knows what the future holds.. I just want to improve upon on my physique a little bit year after year in a safe and consistent manner...

Last summer i set a goal to get extremely lean.. Most of my bodybuilding knowledge upto that point has been very general. Magazines, word of mouth, some online articles, etc.. I think i stumbled upon this forum in a google search and found a wealth of knowledge.. Alot of stuff that was new to me and i took some stuff and ran with it.. I got stuck at one point, similiar to where i have failed in the past with diet, and asked for some help.. Dave was kind enough to help me along and fine tune everything about nutrition, supplementation, training, and cardio. For me personally, he got me in my best shape to date and kept me healthy along the way and afterwards.. He provided me with some unique information about peak week and supplementation which helped me attain my goals..

I think this site is a fantastic collection of some great people in the bodybuilding industry.. I was lucky enough to get some personal counseling from one of the many experts that reside on this site.. I try to provide some feedback where i can, but i feel like there are other people that have better knowledge and expertise than i do..

I have seen some before and afters of other clients Dave has worked with and they look great.. If they wish to step forward, then they can present their story..

Just to clarify.. I do NOT train under DC. (I wish...) I just follow alot of his basic principles and train in a style that is about 97% similiar... Another individual whom i owe a great deal to, for all of his free knowledge..

Last edited:

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear