over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding wisdom you've gained over the years

Stop trying to make a routine work for you. Find the routine that works for you no matter what that is...
Why?
Because a routine that fits your lifestyle and job commitments etc will garner consistency.. and consistency is the corner stone. If you do not like a certain training style then stop.. I dont care what the literature says. If you don't like it you will eventually be inconsistent and lack effort..
And stop training 6 days a week because " I love the gym".. if you do not have the genes of jay cutler.. don't have the ability to get naps and real adequate rest.. have joints of titanium.. and take the gear and supplements of a top teir STOP TRAINING LIKE ONE. Think recuperation. Stimulate then rest.. stop trying to fit your job and lifestyle around your training ... fit your training around your lifestyle and genetics..
If more people would listen to LATS advice—there would be a significantly lower drop out rate from the gym and a lot more happier bodybuilders.

If more people would listen to LATS advice—there would be a significantly lower drop out rate from the gym and a lot more happier bodybuilders.
Thanks brutha.. unfortunately I see it all the time. Guys with even manual labor jobs trying to get 12 sets in for chest etc and just frying them selves.. its not conducive for their lifestyle..
I recently did a program for a guy who works in a loading warehouse.. lots of walking .. hot..etc he was ready to quit training .. he was off Saturday and Sunday. Weds is a easy day of driving a truck and dropping off product.. he was training for 2 hours everyday after work excepted for weekends.. so I moved his push day to saturday.. his pull to sunday.Sunday.. off 2 days and his legs on weds. This allows 4 days of refeeds and some "rest".. his weights immediately went up.. he feels good and he's gained 8 solid pounds in 2 months.. now he can go home after work and eat and relax.. too many follow a routine that is just not made for them..

- Focus on getting as strong as you reasonably can while you’re young (safely), while staying lean. A guy that can deadlift 600+, bench 400+, and squat 500+ will look a certain way. That muscle maturity built from gaining strength will hold when you pivot to maintenance as you’re older.

- use as little as possible as long as possible. Adding gear unlocks new gains. Don’t blow your load on huge cycles when you’re young just to look good at the beach.

- regular doc checkups. Bloodwork. CT. MRI. Scans.

- break a sweat/get out of breath daily from cardio. Sports, bike, whatever.

- learn how to cook so you can eat clean like a king. Diet adherence is the unlock for leanness. I can throw down in the kitchen with professional chefs (but to be fair, I worked in kitchens for years when I was younger)

- work your ass off in your career so money is no object. You never want cash to force you to half ass cycles, healthcare, food, vacations, coaching… And NEVER choose between your family and future, and this sport. Earn enough to do it all.

by not eating vegetables, so their body does not have the necessary amount of fiber to digest all these kcal and instead of fixing the problem, they only make it worse
This is going to a be stretch, but hear me out, do you think its possible that people are getting insulin issues due to lack of fiber/vegetables?
Common sense says of course but many bodybuilders are focusing exclusively on high carb, easily digestible foods.
So of course people who drop vegetables as the first thing when appetite becomes an issue.

15 years in…
Eat a lot, eat simple foods.
Use good form with a full ROM.
Train hard, don’t be a wimp.
Bigger wimps do half reps.
Calories, sleep, and drugs make you recover.
Adjust those things to recover better.
If you aren’t recovering, you probably aren’t growing.
To keep growing you have to keep progressing.
That means keep training harder, eating better, using PED’s smarter.
Time off is okay. Mentally and physically you need it.
If you want to live long do cardio lab work consistently.
If you want to be a pro, compete and often.
Someone will always be bigger than you, get over it.
Muscles won’t pay your bills.
Roid rage is a narcissistic excuse.
Don’t be a narcissist, your body doesn’t determine your value.
Some big guys really are natural.
Most enhanced guys look like sh*t.
Be kind, don’t be the douche on TikTok yelling at a small dude, you used to be small.
You’re not Ronnie Coleman and your not squatting 800lbs ATG, so stfu and move your heavy circles silently or risk being laughed at.

first would be if your in/looking for a quick fix, this isn’t for you. Its a long process that needs you to be consistent with everything in life. Consistent with your nutrition, consistent with your rest/recoery/sleep. Consistent with your workouts.
Second, listen to your body. When something feels off or isn’t soreness but feel like and injury, do your homework and look into it and find the root of the issue.
Everyone is different and it’s all about what works for you. In todays time and era, everyone claims to be an expert or have the best advice. Be open minded , and listen and learn but experiment and find what works best for you.
Last but not least , and this is from both personal experience and constantly watching other make this mistake. More is not better and that goes with everything from training to your supps and peds. If your in the gym for 1.5-2+hours then your not training hard enough or pushing yourself enough. The name of the game is recovery . Go in busy your ass and get out and refuel and rest .

15 years in…
Be kind, don’t be the douche on TikTok yelling at a small dude, you used to be small.
You’re not Ronnie Coleman and your not squatting 800lbs ATG, so stfu and move your heavy circles silently or risk being laughed at.
great bit of insights here brother...wish the young guys could here it like this and just run with it

This is going to a be stretch, but hear me out, do you think its possible that people are getting insulin issues due to lack of fiber/vegetables?
Common sense says of course but many bodybuilders are focusing exclusively on high carb, easily digestible foods.
So of course people who drop vegetables as the first thing when appetite becomes an issue.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what insulin problems you mean

I agree in part, 1st part, yes. 2nd part, partially. because . . . most people
do not know what true hunger is. A little twinge that says I am hungry,
I could or should eat vs I am so hungry I could eat the asshole out of a
dead maggoty skunk
. Now that is hungry and when it is time to eat and it
does not matter how many times a day. Just don't get fat.

Otherwise it is habitual over eating that could in fact have a detrimental effect.
Just wait . . .
I can legitimately say I have never been so hungry I would "eat the asshole out of a dead maggoty skunk".

15 years in…
I nominate these as the 20 commandments of Bodybuilding.

In 29 years of training, the best lessons for me have been:

1) Discipline
2) Consistency
3) Physical Integrity
4) Play the Journey/long-game
5) Weed helps
6) You don't always need a sledge-hammer, way less than you may think
7) Importance of trial and error (learn your body as it changes by the year)
8) Weed definitely helps

Off the top of my head...

I would say don't cut corners. Do bodybuilding right. Do it right and it'll be the best thing you ever did for your own life.

Cut corners, and you will suffer in one way or another in the end.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what insulin problems you mean
Insulin resistance/sensitivity.
For general population, fiber is one of the best ways to prevent resistance, improve sensitivity, and reduce chances of diabetes.

Many bodybuilders and athletes have high calories though and they don't want the slower digestion so they opt to eat fewer vegetables, possibly leading to issues?

In 29 years of training, the best lessons for me have been:

1) Discipline
2) Consistency
3) Physical Integrity
4) Play the Journey/long-game
5) Weed helps
6) You don't always need a sledge-hammer, way less than you may think
7) Importance of trial and error (learn your body as it changes by the year)
8) Weed definitely helps

Off the top of my head...
Yes it does. The only sleep medication I need. Never felt so good, getting 9 hours a night, no idea why this stuff was illegal.

Insulin resistance/sensitivity.
For general population, fiber is one of the best ways to prevent resistance, improve sensitivity, and reduce chances of diabetes.

Many bodybuilders and athletes have high calories though and they don't want the slower digestion so they opt to eat fewer vegetables, possibly leading to issues?
In the USA, bodybuilders eat few vegetables (or do not eat them at all), in Europe, most bodybuilders eat a lot of vegetables with each meal.

Besides, let's face it - most bodybuilders don't even measure their blood glucose levels

Absolutely. The benefits of fiber are tremendous and most people don't even think about it. I get 70g per day in my diet.

In the USA, bodybuilders eat few vegetables (or do not eat them at all), in Europe, most bodybuilders eat a lot of vegetables with each meal.

Besides, let's face it - most bodybuilders don't even measure their blood glucose levels
Thank you, I've noticed exactly what you have. I felt crazy for asking, but there has been a push in USA of low fiber diets to keep appetite high and digestion fast and just wanted your thoughts.
Its crazy to see it advocated but I fell for it for years now, wondering why I keep having hypoglycemia issues 😂

Absolutely. The benefits of fiber are tremendous and most people don't even think about it. I get 70g per day in my diet.
Holy smokes, what do you eat? Is that from vegetables or supplemental or combination? I've been doing quite a bit of research on fiber the last few days, plethora of benefits. I didn't even realize that people recommend upping fiber according to calorie.

If you don't have the stability and or mobility and all joints, you will pay the price at some point. Things I wish I would have addressed when I was younger
this is why I integrate plyometrics and dynamic stretching for a large demographic of my clients! you need to graduate to the weights (most people just starting) after years of inactivity and possible abuse

Thank you, I've noticed exactly what you have. I felt crazy for asking, but there has been a push in USA of low fiber diets to keep appetite high and digestion fast and just wanted your thoughts.
Its crazy to see it advocated but I fell for it for years now, wondering why I keep having hypoglycemia issues 😂

Holy smokes, what do you eat? Is that from vegetables or supplemental or combination? I've been doing quite a bit of research on fiber the last few days, plethora of benefits. I didn't even realize that people recommend upping fiber according to calorie.

he beerbongs metamucil :unsure:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner