over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boil your Chicken!

lol I guess im weird because I LOVE BOILED CHICKEN! I eat it like this year around. Boil, weigh, bag, throw miss dash in the bag. I put alot more effort into making my oats, yams, rice ect taste good than my protein.

Devon, we were all agreeing how much we hated chicken, especially boiled chicken and you had to post this.. I give you credit for coming up with this recipe...
Has anyone ever seen a chicken duck?

Attachments

• chicken-duck_close.jpg
    chicken-duck_close.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 266
Chicken Duck....

Devon, we were all agreeing how much we hated chicken, especially boiled chicken and you had to post this.. I give you credit for coming up with this recipe...

Yikes...I will stick to traditional chicken breasts, that kind of scares:confused::eek::D

This is what I have for dinner everynight, my nightly chicken and cabbage with spicey mustard, even though my mind wants pancakes, but I will overcome that because that is just the way it is!

Good luck Alex with your prep and I forecast a super shredder peeling out your skin come contest day...you set the standard for being conditioned and lean!

A couple of pics of what I ate of dinner after dinner after dinner and my craving meal which I bypass on for the most part:D!!

Attachments

• chicken and more chicken.jpg
    chicken and more chicken.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 298
  • RELOAD MEAL.jpg
    RELOAD MEAL.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 265
I wish I would have saw this thread 2 weeks ago. I was reading the whole Dave Pulcinella thread again (30 pages). He said many times how much he prefered boiled chicken to other cooking methods, because of convence and taste. so I tried it. It was like eating a tire. Wasted 8 bucks. Back to the BBQ.:eek:

I've been having so much boiled chicken these past few weeks. At first I gagged everytime and had to wash it down with some coke zero..pretty much 1 coke zero for each breast, yep that bad. Now I add a little bit of KC Masterpiece and its not that bad.

Ronnie uses KC :cool:

lol...leave it to me to F up a good old fashioned poultry hating session....and no I have never seen a chicken duck but I would love to boil and bag one:D

lol I guess im weird because I LOVE BOILED CHICKEN! I eat it like this year around. Boil, weigh, bag, throw miss dash in the bag. I put alot more effort into making my oats, yams, rice ect taste good than my protein.

Whats the protein per ounce for boiled chicken? I know baked is around 8.5g...just curious since your pulling out all the water if its higher.

Ya, I actually prefer it boiled too. Used to use the BBQ but it's just not consistant (temp, etc)

I now use a Crock Pot, add a tbsp of sea salt and the chicken comes out very moist.

Mmmm Gooood! Love my boiled chicken!:D I eat it this way year round unless I am BBQ for the family........ always moist after defrosting and a little olive oil and Mrs. dash, salt makes it come back to life.......

I boil all my chicken even if I'm gonna grill it , just don't boil as long , just to get the internal temp to about 140 deg then throw it on the grill , keeps from having to burn the hell out of it to get it cooked all the way through on the realy thick pieces.
I boil mine in a little Zataran's crab boil so it comes out spicy.

I also have a "set it and forget it" and that cook it perfect and comes out moist , just kind of a pain to clean up

You guys should use curry to boil/steam it down in. That cabbage and chicken would be even better if you used curry and maybe a little salt and herbs.

This is how i boiiled the chicken.... I cut the pieces up and threw it in a pot of boiling water.. I added some garlic an spices and let it simmer.

I tell you this.... I had to plug my nose.. it smelled like hell and it was like eating rubber.. I could not believe i was eating this! I hated every bit of it..

but you can see in the water, it pulls out all the oil ... I know its a healthy way to eat it. but shit! this is crazy!

Now what i do is bbq very well done and dip it in mustard.. I still dont like chicken that much,.... except rotiserie...

I give you guys prop for enjoying it and making a good meal out of it.

Lenny, your re load meals look fucking killer.. I cant do that.. i have a big cheat meal and it goes to my lower back and sides in a few days..

Devon, your crazy man! BUT ITS working..

We all have our little methods of making our food work.

I will tell you this....

I strive to be the most conditioned and i know i can do that but.. I also want to have a good quality of life and make my meals tasty..

Im learning to add the spices and cook food the way that tasts as good as possible and still get away with it working to get me in the best shape.

I used to suffer so much... buying gallons of distilled water, no seasonings, everything plain, no diet drinks, boiiled chicken, only fresh veggies... it was hard and painfull and i didnt look any better.. ! actually worse.. Now i have all these goodies in my prep and im ten times better... go figure?

People that i help for their shows... They cant believe they can have coffee, diet soda, seasonings, and other nice things in their prep... No need to suffer if you dont need to and one other reason why you shouldnt.

Suffering takes away from your quality of life and your prep can suffer because you will start dragging your feet after 12 or so weeks, you will start feeling like shit... if you truly deprive un necessarily... I cant see how the rest of your prep can have your best effort.

Due to the fact that im eating like i want to for the most part and getting leaner and harder.. I am balls out in the gym.. balls out on cardio, posing.. I just have more energy and motivated..

Last edited:
Steaming is way way better tasting.. I can actually swallow the chicken...

Steaming gets the meat pretty dry but keeps some moisture and flavor.

when you boil Chicken or other meat put a lot veggies in the broth also put some garlic in it and some other herbs like basil/thyme/sage these herbs give a great taste to the boiled chicken or meat.
The broth/bouillon can been sifted and you can drink this a well also its good to cook your rice in.
Never let it cook to hard just temper it and let it boil till the meat/chicken falls apart.

JK.

to be honest i have never boiled chicken.

I buy mine iand divide into 2lb bags and just sprinkle some paprika or spicy season all spices in and stick it in the fridge. then i just weigh what i want and stick it on a george foreman. i can eat the stuff warm or cold with a little olive oil and lea in perrins on.

I eat it this way with broccoli 4/5 times per day at the moment no problems love the stuff.

i so switch the spices up tho sometimes peri peri, sometimes curry or madras etc.

I put my boiled chicken in my shakes :)

OK , so I have to ask.

Thighs have a bit more fat in them than the breast do , if you boiled the thighs would you be removing any significant amount of fat to make them plausable to eat while on a clean diet??
Their ALOT cheaper and generaly taste better??

Aside from boiling my chicken prior to grilling I have also injected my chicken breast with seasoned broth before putting them on the grill and that helpped both keep moist and add flavor. I still like boiling it some in crab boil and then grill it to taste. This stuff works great and it'll open your sinuses to !! Doesn't take much at all to add a little bit of spice to your chicken
http://shop.zatarains.com/zatarains®-concentrated-shrimp-crab-boil-p-596.html?=

Yeah Gunsmith,I do something simlar.
I use split chicken breasts with ribs. I season the outside skin with garlic,oreganoe,and coarse black pepper. Then simmer in a skillet in about a half inch of water for 15-20 min. then grill on med-low flame for about 20 min.

Comes out very moist and flavorfull.

I love roasted chicken the best...

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub