over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boil your Chicken!

Got to admit, I am crazy about El Pollo loco!:D

Chew it just enough to break it down and then swallow with water.

I say chop it up real fine and plug your nose.. add mustard for flavor

As a Chef I thought I would chip in. I agree with Alex but you can poached chicken without overcooking it and wouldnt taste like rubber.

The way I cook my chicken, I gently poach my chicken for 14 mins in stock such as Greens vegetables, onions, peppercorns, bayleaf, parsley...

No need to boil the crap so hard, no wonder it be like rubber hard to swallow!

**broken link removed**

This is how I cooked my chicken !! Hehe

**broken link removed**

Just for the laughs!

Chicken%20Greeting.JPG

Good ole' microwave for me...for just about anything that needs cooked. Quick and easy:cool:

Big Chef , how-what exactly is "poaching" a chicken?
I'm a country boy from Mississippi , when you say you poached a chicken I'm thinking that you shot one at night with a Q-beam off the side of the highway or somthing :p

Just kidding but realy what exactly is the process for poaching ? I just boil mine lightly to where the intrenal temp is about 160 deg then take it off the heat and let stand for a few min then remove to cool on a tray , internal temp doesn't get to 170 or so and I know that its technicaly not "cooked" for chicken but it keeps it moist and juicy

Gunsmith....

ROFLMAO!!!! that is funny!
:D
Off the Hwy w/ a Q-beam....
man you are from the south...
;)

Poaching is like a saute with water in the skillet. Combines the boiling/steaming appraoch and is very good with a flavor added to the liquid like Big Chef says. Lemon, herbs, peppercorns, etc.

Yea I grill my chicken for the most part these days. I butterfly the breast to make it thinner so when i'm cooking on the grill it cooks a lot better and im not cutting the chicken looking to see if its cooked all the way through. It helps from burning the chicken too. You might want to try it Alex if you're getting that crunch from charring the chicken. Fuck boiling it.. I had it once and that was it! I'd rather grill it than cook it any other way.

ROFLMAO!!!! that is funny!
Off the Hwy w/ a Q-beam....
man you are from the south...
;)

Poaching is like a saute with water in the skillet. Combines the boiling/steaming appraoch and is very good with a flavor added to the liquid like Big Chef says. Lemon, herbs, peppercorns, etc.

Don't laugh bro , poached deer and rabbits as well as fresh cought fish fed my family for about 6 months through some rough times some years back and still does for some folks in these parts. Where I grew up you can't get any farther south in MS than where I was unless you had a boat !!

I'll have to try that way of cooking , maybe I'll be able to get the wife and kid to eat it more. I personaly don't mind eating it boiled the way I've been doing it especialy now that I'm not trying to kill myself on some zero carb diet add a tablespoon of "Sweet Baby Rays" BBQ sauce and it's golden

I'll try asking again , how much fat is actualy cooked out of a piece of chicken when its boiled?
I mean is it enough to make eating dark meat feasable?

The Chef.... knows what hes talking about.... there is a way to lightly poach the chicken so it does not completly dry out.....

I have had steamed chicken that was just awesome tasting..

I have to do something soon, im 2 weeks into my 16 week diet/prep.

Chicken is cheap and filling, it seems to digest slow...

8 oz of chicken seems to go a long way.. 8 oz of orange roughy for example seems like a snack..

when i dont grill I boil my chicken.........If i boil I cut two pieces up put in brown rice and throw Texas pete on it........Its great!!

Big Chef , how-what exactly is "poaching" a chicken?
I'm a country boy from Mississippi , when you say you poached a chicken I'm thinking that you shot one at night with a Q-beam off the side of the highway or somthing :p

Just kidding but realy what exactly is the process for poaching ? I just boil mine lightly to where the intrenal temp is about 160 deg then take it off the heat and let stand for a few min then remove to cool on a tray , internal temp doesn't get to 170 or so and I know that its technicaly not "cooked" for chicken but it keeps it moist and juicy

lol....

When I put the liquid in the pot with herbs etc as I described, gently boil the water...some movement of bubbles if you know what I mean...then you put the chicken in and it will cook it slowly lets say 14 mins...u will see ya chicken turning white and float to the top...Can keep the chicken stock for soups, sauces etc...

Hope it helps mate!

The Chef.... knows what hes talking about.... there is a way to lightly poach the chicken so it does not completly dry out.....

I have had steamed chicken that was just awesome tasting..

I have to do something soon, im 2 weeks into my 16 week diet/prep.

Chicken is cheap and filling, it seems to digest slow...

8 oz of chicken seems to go a long way.. 8 oz of orange roughy for example seems like a snack..

Thanks Alex, your a legend mate! I am honour to talk to you :)...

If you need some good chicken recipe, I be happy to email them to you if you like... Gimme a holla mate!

I agree, Fish is like a snack but doesnt fill you up more like a light meal type.
and like you said bout the chick...

Don't laugh bro , poached deer and rabbits as well as fresh cought fish fed my family for about 6 months through some rough times some years back and still does for some folks in these parts. Where I grew up you can't get any farther south in MS than where I was unless you had a boat !!

I'll have to try that way of cooking , maybe I'll be able to get the wife and kid to eat it more. I personaly don't mind eating it boiled the way I've been doing it especialy now that I'm not trying to kill myself on some zero carb diet add a tablespoon of "Sweet Baby Rays" BBQ sauce and it's golden

I'll try asking again , how much fat is actualy cooked out of a piece of chicken when its boiled?
I mean is it enough to make eating dark meat feasable?

When I poached my chicken, I leave the fat because so it doesnt dry out the chicken but give it a moist flavour. When its cooked, I eat my chicken lean and peel the fat off. The fat from the Chicken goes into the stock. when u leave the stock in the fridge overnight it goes bit like jelly type cuz of the fat.

On top of the stock is the white scum shit, thats the real fat. I just scoop it out.

Also when you gently poach the chicken etc, I always skimmed the top shit off by using a ladle to scoop out the dirty scum on top, because it will unbalanced the flavour.

I hope I have clarify it enough for you. Let me know !

Regards,

Chef

i am not a big chicken guy.....but when i eat it......i have to grill it......my apologies.....just a big grill guy.

Thanks Alex, your a legend mate! I am honour to talk to you :)...

If you need some good chicken recipe, I be happy to email them to you if you like... Gimme a holla mate!

I agree, Fish is like a snack but doesnt fill you up more like a light meal type.
and like you said bout the chick...

Thanks for sharing on the thread.. You already have given me some good ideas... I would hit you up on a recipe but im afraid i wont follow through.. I am eating for nutrition at this point, not taste.

Im at 2 weeks into a long diet and as i get closer, i get hungrier for each meal then i get more creative about making each meal a delicacy to savour!

But then, i will hit you up Big Chef ! thanks for offering too...

Our lives revolve around cooking that is a fact...

Thanks for sharing on the thread.. You already have given me some good ideas... I would hit you up on a recipe but im afraid i wont follow through.. I am eating for nutrition at this point, not taste.

Im at 2 weeks into a long diet and as i get closer, i get hungrier for each meal then i get more creative about making each meal a delicacy to savour!

But then, i will hit you up Big Chef ! thanks for offering too...

Our lives revolve around cooking that is a fact...

Ya welcome mate! Cooking and Bodybuilding is my passion!
So your right, our lives is evolve around those 2!

All the best for your next competition!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner