over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boise Experiment

AJW91

Registered
Anyone else see this? Boise Experiment - Heavy Duty Ultimate Body Transformation.

This guy "Andy" bulks up to 202lbs at 14.2% bodyfat, up from 177lbs at 13.8% bodyfat training once every four days on Mike Mentzer's "Heavy Duty 2" split. His arm size increased 2.25 inches... and this was all in 60 days.

I've always been more of an oldschool HIT guy; I never thought that Mike Mentzer's stuff was really workable, but these guys seem to prove otherwise.

What do you all think?

I feel like the fact they are going to failure on everything would not be beneficial for muscle growth but then again I'm still learning.

This would be very nice if it is as effective as they say for a college student or someone else with a busy life.

I feel like the fact they are going to failure on everything would not be beneficial for muscle growth but then again I'm still learning.

This would be very nice if it is as effective as they say for a college student or someone else with a busy life.

Well, I would definitely say that going to failure is necessary for maximal stimulus... After all, if you're not going to failure, then you're not properly stimulating the fast-twitch muscle fibers which offer the most potential growth.

That said, I think the whole working one bodypart once every 8-16 days seems extreme... Personally, I've never gone more than 4 days without training a particular bodypart (lay-offs not included). It seems counterintuitive, especially considering the science regarding training frequency and muscle protein synthesis.

While HIT has worked for a lot of people, I don't care for it. I have tried Mentzer's, Darden's, and an ACSM version my Kniesiology professor liked. I think for maintaining it can be wonderful, as he has kept virtually all his size and strength while slowly building his GPP, but I never gained half as quickly as with a powerbuilding or DC system.

While HIT has worked for a lot of people, I don't care for it. I have tried Mentzer's, Darden's, and an ACSM version my Kniesiology professor liked. I think for maintaining it can be wonderful, as he has kept virtually all his size and strength while slowly building his GPP, but I never gained half as quickly as with a powerbuilding or DC system.

?

DC is basically a HIT split with "extreme stretching," cardio, and a few minor tweaks thrown in. No disrespect meant towards Dante, I think his training ideas are excellent, I'm just calling things the way I see them here.

Anyway, you're not responding to the OP here...

Have you tried in the "ideal routine" in Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty 2? If so, what kind of results did you experience? I tried it in the late 90s and didn't experience great gains from it... However, looking at this, I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong.

?

DC is basically a HIT split with "extreme stretching," cardio, and a few minor tweaks thrown in. No disrespect meant towards Dante, I think his training ideas are excellent, I'm just calling things the way I see them here.

Anyway, you're not responding to the OP here...

Have you tried in the "ideal routine" in Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty 2? If so, what kind of results did you experience? I tried it in the late 90s and didn't experience great gains from it... However, looking at this, I'm beginning to wonder if I did something wrong.

Those tweaks make quite a difference and rest pause system is drastically different from HIT.

I responded by telling the OP I have tried 3 different HIT systems, one which Mike did, and never responded well at all to them (if so I would have liked them LOL). I doubt the "ideal routine" would be much different then the others. I imagine it would be the same as switching from a basic 3x5 program to a 5x5 program. Same principles and methodology, just a slightly different set scheme.

Then I mentioned how it had worked well for my professor to maintain size/musculature, and looking back I never lost size or strength while doing it, either, I just didn't progress either.

i dont know that dantes protocol would be considered hit.. basically he is doing three "mini" sets in one.. this is usually followed by another set ect depending on the individual.. the frequency is much different also.. but i will say that i have taken 9-10 days off between a chest workout and have never been worse for the wear.. sometimes actually stronger..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131