over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bone Broth For Joint and Gut Health?

flexdurden

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / RIP
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
My uncle is a doctor and runner/triathlete and said he has been making bone broth from organic grass fed animals to help promote joint health, enhance digestion and promote immunity... I've never tried it and was wondering if anyone else has?

He provided this link for me: Bone Broth: Heal Your Gut and Lose Cellulite! / All Body Ecology Articles

I know I would benefit from anything that can enhance digestion and in the winter, a boost in immunity can't hurt....

Is this something worth trying?

I have done it before. Gets time consuming though. A lot of the time i just add a half tablespoon of gelatin to my chia seeds before bed

I have done it before. Gets time consuming though. A lot of the time i just add a half tablespoon of gelatin to my chia seeds before bed

I forgot to thank you for the information about chia seeds... I started eating them with my last meal and have had some "smooth runnings" lol They don't taste bad mixed in with stuff but on their own, when you let them "gel"...shit that just looks nasty.

Any particular gelatin you use or just something from the supermarket?

It is 100% worth it. My wife makes huge batches of bone broth and then we jar it in quart mason jars and freeze it so we have some available. If you have a pressure cooker that makes it a very quick and easy process.

If not, it's still not hard just time consuming. We get bones from the farmer's market from grass fed cows, free-range chickens, pigs, bison, etc. Marrow bones, neck bones, ham hocks, etc.

My wife has quite a few food allergies and her doctor put her on the GAPS diet, of which the beginning phase consisted on nothing but bone broth for a while until she could gradually reintroduce foods again. Bone broth is really one of the most nourishing things you could consume.

I think I have another link about it saved on my computer at home, I'll post it tonight if you're interested. I can tell a huge difference in how I feel when I drink it consistently and when I don't.

It is 100% worth it. My wife makes huge batches of bone broth and then we jar it in quart mason jars and freeze it so we have some available. If you have a pressure cooker that makes it a very quick and easy process.

If not, it's still not hard just time consuming. We get bones from the farmer's market from grass fed cows, free-range chickens, pigs, bison, etc. Marrow bones, neck bones, ham hocks, etc.

My wife has quite a few food allergies and her doctor put her on the GAPS diet, of which the beginning phase consisted on nothing but bone broth for a while until she could gradually reintroduce foods again. Bone broth is really one of the most nourishing things you could consume.

I think I have another link about it saved on my computer at home, I'll post it tonight if you're interested. I can tell a huge difference in how I feel when I drink it consistently and when I don't.

Thanks for the info Pharm Fed! Please post up that link when you have a minute... I am interested and I am sure my uncle will be as well.

What does bone broth taste like? Do different bones/animals change the taste?

DUde of course bone broth is awesome!
Make sure it's antibiotic free, etc.

You, I, can taste the nutrition from the first sip, it's like a super food. makes me feel full to just with a little bit.

Thanks for the info Pharm Fed! Please post up that link when you have a minute... I am interested and I am sure my uncle will be as well.

What does bone broth taste like? Do different bones/animals change the taste?

It taste pretty much like chicken broth that you would get from the grocery store. Or a little more like beef broth if there is no chicken bones in there. The taste may change a little between beef, chicken, bison and pork bones but not much. We have also made broth with fish carcusses which changed the taste pretty substantially. I still thought it was good, but definitely tasted different.

It's basically just a salty, silky, kind of fatty/gelatinous liquid. Very, very good IMHO. I usually just drink a warm mug of it like it was tea or coffee. Sometimes I'll put some in the blender and add one jalapeno to spice it up.

Man, just talking about it makes me want a hot mug full, lol. I love it.

An added bonus is that if there are any bones that still have marrow in them after making the broth you can knock them on the counter and eat the marrow, talk about amazing. So rich and incredibly nutrient-dense.

Last edited:
It taste pretty much like chicken broth that you would get from the grocery store. Or a little more like beef broth if there is no chicken bones in there. The taste may change a little between beef, chicken, bison and pork bones but not much. We have also made broth with fish carcusses which changed the taste pretty substantially. I still thought it was good, but definitely tasted different.

It's basically just a salty, silky, kind of fatty/gelatinous liquid. Very, very good IMHO. I usually just drink a warm mug of it like it was tea or coffee. Sometimes I'll put some in the blender and add one jalapeno to spice it up.

Man, just talking about it makes me want a hot mug full, lol. I love it.

An added bonus is that if there are any bones that still have marrow in them after making the broth you can knock them on the counter and eat the marrow, talk about amazing. So rich and incredibly nutrient-dense.

Seems we have pretty similar tastes because I love broth and think this sounds pretty damn good.

As always Pharm, I appreciate your responses....

try

Beef pho from a vietnamese restaurant. Its awesome.

Thats how the little place by me makes it. Just a bone broth but a lot of veggies and herbs with it to make it taste great.

I forgot to thank you for the information about chia seeds... I started eating them with my last meal and have had some "smooth runnings" lol They don't taste bad mixed in with stuff but on their own, when you let them "gel"...shit that just looks nasty.

Usually just Knox or whatever i can get a hold of. I usually just mix my chia seeds in whith some oj. just feels like pulp

I just saw this and though it wasn't directed at me, I'll add something if that's ok.

For gelatin, I would highly recommend Great Lakes. It's the only one I'm aware of that comes from grass fed cows. Here's a link for Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper if you look around. I have a great recipe for blueberry squares with this gelatin. Like little antioxidant bites, haha.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001ELLBJS"]Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin, Kosher, 16-Ounce Can (Pack of 2):Amazon:Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EG2M31QAL.@@AMEPARAM@@41EG2M31QAL[/ame]

Firmly agree, Pharm. I should incorporate it more than I do. When I start to get sick, feel run down from lack of sleep, lack of food, intense workouts, I always crave it. I, like pharm, freeze it and use it over a long period of time. I let it thaw, toss it in a skillet to thaw and maybe reduce it a little and add whatever herbs/spices I feel like.
One of my businesses is in the ag industry and I do biz with a pasture poultry operation. he gives me bags of chicken and turkey necks. And I dont think it is difficult or time consuming at all...I toss them in the crock pot.

I just saw this and though it wasn't directed at me, I'll add something if that's ok.

For gelatin, I would highly recommend Great Lakes. It's the only one I'm aware of that comes from grass fed cows. Here's a link for Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper if you look around. I have a great recipe for blueberry squares with this gelatin. Like little antioxidant bites, haha.

Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin, Kosher, 16-Ounce Can (Pack of 2):Amazon:Grocery & Gourmet [email]Food

Freaking chef Pharm! Dude, you are on point with this stuff!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind seeing that recipe...

Knox blocks, knox gelatin.

When doing the bone broth, the bones will get soft when the minerals leach out into the soup, good stuff, lost part of cooking in today's society.

ak

Freaking chef Pharm! Dude, you are on point with this stuff!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind seeing that recipe...

OK, here is the link about bone broth, similar information to the link you already have but the video is informative and worth watching.

Top 5 Reasons Why Bone Broth is The Bomb. | Underground Wellness

Now for the blueberry gummies!!

Ingredients:

1 cup blueberries
⅔ cup lemon juice
4 tbsp unflavored gelatin

Put blueberries and lemon juice in pan and heat over medium heat.

Cook and stir until blueberries are plump and liquid is steaming.

Place mixture into blender and blend until smooth.

Add 4tbsp of gelatin and blend again until smooth.

Pour mixture into glass dish and refrigerate until set. You could use ice cube trays, mini muffin tray, etc. Be creative. Or be like me and just use a 8x11 glass baking dish and cut it into squares when it sets, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 180
Pharm!

Thank you! :) I always enjoy your recipes!

OK, here is the link about bone broth, similar information to the link you already have but the video is informative and worth watching.

Top 5 Reasons Why Bone Broth is The Bomb. | Underground Wellness

Now for the blueberry gummies!!

Ingredients:

1 cup blueberries
⅔ cup lemon juice
4 tbsp unflavored gelatin

Put blueberries and lemon juice in pan and heat over medium heat.

Cook and stir until blueberries are plump and liquid is steaming.

Place mixture into blender and blend until smooth.

Add 4tbsp of gelatin and blend again until smooth.

Pour mixture into glass dish and refrigerate until set. You could use ice cube trays, mini muffin tray, etc. Be creative. Or be like me and just use a 8x11 glass baking dish and cut it into squares when it sets, lol.

Bad-fucking-ass... Thank you Pharm Fed!

I cook some of my meats in a slow cooker and simply throw bones in there so the nutrients get in the broth, which I save and eat/drink. No hassle.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear