over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bone Spurs in Heel?

No, the bone spur will not go away on it's own.

The doctor showed me an xray of his own bone spur. (Interesting thing is that the doctor and all three assistants in his office have heel spurs. It's like a requirement to work there or something. LOL). But his was much bigger than mine and more pointed.

He told me he had a shot 7 years ago and wore inserts for about a year. He said that with this shot, I should wear these inserts about 6 months and that would be enough time to strengthen the arch. Apparently, it is never the heel spur that causes the pain. Because it seems I have had this spur for years. He xrayed my other foot and showed me that I had a bigger spur on it and I didn't even know it because I didn't feel any pain or discomfort. The pain itself comes from the fascia being pulled into the point of the spur. So to overcome that, the inserts are built to strengthen the arch so it is not "loose" and can be pulled so easily.

He said after 6 months, I should just go back to regular footwear that have some arch support. Nothing fancy. Just not bedroom slippers, flat flip flops (there are arch support flip flops), or going barefoot for long periods of time on hard surfaces. (Which I don't do any of those listed activities anyway. I only put on flip flops when walking from my back door to my pool which is about 10 yards away).

I can tell you that when he gave me these inserts, he told me to try to wear them two hours a day and work up to six hours a day. I was like "Pffft... nothing to it". But that is not the case. I wore them almost an hour and a half yesterday and today my calves are tight and pumped. My lower legs have always been my best body part and my calves are right at 18 inches and have always been clear cut and defined. So I am not out of shape or have weak calves. That tiny half inch arch support on the insert makes a huge difference.

The inserts themselves are special ones he sells. They were $45. They are not custom made inserts where they make molds of your feet. He said those are about $400-$500 and for people who are generally elderly or have severe foot problems where the arch has collapsed or have shift to slide toward the toes.
He said to avoid at all cost the "custom" inserts you can buy at Walmart or Walgreens. Or where you stand on that "imaging device" and they recommend a certain type for you. He said those do more harm than good in the long run. These inserts he gave me, my insurance paid for them at his office but he gave me the name/type to go look for on Amazon or eBay. He said sometimes you can find them there about $65, or sometimes lower.

Sorry for a long post, tried to share as much info as I could in case someone in the future finds this thread because they have the same problem.

Last edited:
Also he told me that one thing I could do is when at home and watching tv or something, roll the arch and heel on a tennis ball.

Or freeze a water bottle and roll the arch and on that. The rolling massage will help with fascia. He said don't get the little rolling foot massagers that have the nubs or points on it. You want something with flat surface area to roll. Like a mini myofascia foam roller. He said freezing a full water works and the coldness with help with inflammation.

Hi,
Has anyone ever suffered from having bone spurs in their heels? I think I am going through this now. I don't know for sure because due to changing my insurance I am unable to see the doctor until the end of January.

Long story short, just out of the blue I began having intense sharp pain in my heel. It is very sharp when I stand up after sitting down a bit or first thing in the morning when I get out of bed. No exaggeration but when I wake up (even just to go pee), I limp severely to the bathroom holding onto to the wall to get there.

When I stand up it is a very sharp pain initially, but after walking a bit, the pain goes down to just a dull ache. Until I sit or lay down again (anything to take pressure off the heel).

Does this sound like something anyone may have? I figure it is a bone spur or ligament damage perhaps. But if it were ligament damage, it should be hurting the same level all the time. (I think)

If memory serves correctly, you should ask "The DJT" via Twitter about his multiple bone/heel spurs which medically exempted him from being drafted
for the Vietnam war. :yeahthat:

If memory serves correctly, you should ask "The DJT" via Twitter about his multiple bone/heel spurs which medically exempted him from being drafted
for the Vietnam war. :yeahthat:

The good news is that I am now better qualified to be POTUS. Just have to work on increasing my dishonesty. :)

Will the bone spur go away on its own without surgery? So inserts and cortisone shots for life?
Take care.
MS

Will the bone spur go away on its own without surgery? So inserts and cortisone shots for life?
Take care.
MS

There is so much misinformation on this thread...which is par for the course it seems....

First off bone spurs are simply enthesophytes...they dont do crap...they dont cause pain... they are an enthesophyte and they do not go away.

So enough about bone spurs causing pain etc....

What likely is the issue is what may have resulted in the formation of the enthesophyte which is a chronic tug type injury from often the central cord of the plantar fascia.

The central cord often becomes thickened and resulting small partial tears and adjacent soft tissue edema which is plantar fascititis.

In order to properly inject it you inject from the side with ultrasound guidance and give depo medrol adjacent to but not touching the plantar fascia to reduce the acute inflammation.

Then you ofter time you stretch the plantar fascia using rolling techique and keep inflammation down with icing and nsaids.

Any doctors who tells you your bone spurs are painful is an idiot. I see it everyday on asymptomatic patients all day long... its just part of life and walking. similar to a patellar enthesophye.

Just posting an update here for anyone interested...

It has been over 8 months that I had this problem. I have tried everything. Shots, inserts, stretching, ice, nsaids, rehab.... etc.... the only thing that has happened is that my pain has gone from the inner part of the heel to the outer part of the heel and along my foot.

Same intensity of pain, just a different location. I have limped so long that my opposite knee and hip are now beginning to hurt.

I have tried literally everything. CBD oil, fish oil, ibuprofen, ice, etc.... it is just a day to day battle having to cope with this.

I had inflammation in my heels for maybe a good year or longer and i got significant heel spurs on both side this year.

I am pretty sure it came from me wearing to tight shoes for some years. I got heavier and my feet got larger but i kept wearing the same shoe size. They have grown more than two numbers easily.

I have tried stretching, but whats helping the most upto now is buying and big enough good shoes with higher heels and soft soles. I really like adidas ultraboost for this reason.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity