over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

boosting immune system

mpiller

Registered
So I'm really looking for a way to boost my immune system beyond the typical vitamin c daily with a multi vitamin. I've been getting a lot of head colds recently and now I've got the flu and I'm tired of getting sick for 3-4 days every 6 weeks or so. What I've been looking into is curcumin, resveratrol, and glutothiane. I've also read some interesting stuff about sod (superoxide dismutase) but I'm having more trouble finding it. It seems that all of these have to be injected and its been tough to find injectable forms of each, but I can get the raw powders so I was thinking I could homebrew my own. So heres my questions if anyone could help me out or lead me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

*Is curcumin and/or resveratrol known to directly effect your immune system positively? I also remember reading that it had been researched as a type of male birth control, any insight on this? I'd rather stay fertile

*Glutothiane and sod are the main two known to boost the immune system, does anybody know the dosages people are running with these?

*Any insight on where I could find injectable sod?

Any personal experiences with these substances and how they affected you would also be awesome to hear.
Thanks

Immunoglobulin. I take shot a week during the cold season and it works wonders.

Melatonin

Immunoglobulin. I take shot a week during the cold season and it works wonders.

Isnt that stuff like the consistency of toothpaste?

And where can one get it? Or is it doctors office only!? I like gamma- globulin as well!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Vitamin D3......10,000 I.U. daily

This is what I usually take...no problems. You can use coconut oil too; it is a strong immune system booster with anti-viral properties and tastes oh so good.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:
Loads of things. If I wanted to strengthen my immune system I would try and eat loads of fruit and veg throughout the day. Make sure you use a lot of colours on your plate... lots of different berries.

Manuka Honey is another good one.

I would make sure the powders are the correct form before I go trying to shoot myself with it. Then let us know how it went.

Tom are you taking vitamin K2 with your vitamin D?

**broken link removed**

Dr.Davis a cardiologist that runs the site Track your plaque also advocates K2/D3. As well other steps to atherosclerotic plaque regression.

Last edited:
Isnt that stuff like the consistency of toothpaste?

And where can one get it? Or is it doctors office only!? I like gamma- globulin as well!

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

No. Gamma gard is very thin. I inject with a 25 gauge sub q.
I got a script from a dr. It was his idea. He was trained by an older doctor that believed in it. I used to get sick 2 to 3 times a year. I have asthma so it would turn into brochittis every time.

Daily I already take 5000iu d3, 1000mg vit c, and a multi vitamin. I have also noticed that 1-2 apples a day can make a pretty big difference, but the things I was asking about supposedly make a massive difference and not only through boosting your immune system but in your overall health. As far as using powders and homebrewing I'll make sure they are the correct form. Anybody have any insight to my original questions?

**broken link removed**

Dr.Davis a cardiologist that runs the site Track your plaque also advocates K2/D3. As well other steps to atherosclerotic plaque regression.

Thank you Stewie. I do eat kale but maybe I should look into a K2 supplement.

cucrcumin, idebenone, d3, melatonin are my main staples.

Humic/Fulvic acid! I have not had a cold/flu for a year now. I can get a running nose for like half a day, but that´s about it. I sometimes get the symptoms for a flu on it´s way, but it´s like that´s all I get.

This is a post from Emeric:

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.—Humic acid improved flu-related symptoms, including cytokine response, the immune system modulator T-cells CD4+ and CD8+.

The 37-person clinical observed influenza A and B symptoms including cough, fever, runny and stuffy nose, aches and pains, headache, chills, sneezing, earaches and fatigue .Conducted during the Spring 2010 flu season, the trial found subjects treated with humic acid showed a 107-percent improvement in flu-related symptoms scores, a clinically-noteworthy development over placebo. The placebo group showed a 76-percent improvement in VAS scores by the second week of the trial.

“The clinical trial results strongly suggest humic acid provides preventative as well as treatment measures to combat viral flu infection," said Dr. Richard Laub, Ph.D.

Researchers have observed that humic acid blocks viral replication by impeding the adhesion of viruses to healthy cells, which helps prevent subsequent infection. Previous scientific research has also shown that humic acid exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.

Melatonin

Do you deviate from the standard 3mg?

Also, do you think melatonin, zma, and 5-htp can effectively be taken for sleep without it being overkill/harmful?

**broken link removed**

What is a standard and effective k2 dose?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bump for Stewie..

Do you deviate from the standard 3mg?

Also, do you think melatonin, zma, and 5-htp can effectively be taken for sleep without it being overkill/harmful?

What is a standard and effective k2 dose?

Yes on occasion I'll supplement with a little higher doses of melatonin, which may range from 2-10mg. If I'm exposed to less sunlight, or to an exceptionally physically/mentally exhausting day, I'll up my dose of melatonin that night.

As far as supplementing with a combination of OTC sleep aids such as you listed. I believe there may be more harm than good that might come from it. All three of the supplements have been shown to have a lowering/altering effect on adrenocorticotropic hormone, cortisol and neurotransmitters. One would think that this may be a good thing, to a degree yes. Yet the combination might cause a rebound effect in a negative manner, once the supplements wear off. Possibly causing anxiety upon waking up, or during sleep. Or upsetting the balance of neurotransmitters. I don't have supportive evidence to back this up, moreover my own opinion.

The use of AAS, AI's, Thyroid hormones and Stims , also comes into play. Our hormones are very delicate, a minor shift of one has a cascade effect on other endogenous hormones.

I think I would rotate the use of different types of OTC sleep aids or use the minimal amount if used together.

Here's a decent read on K2/D3

What You Need To Know About Vitamin K2, D, and Calcium ? LewRockwell.com

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75