over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boots and Jeans

I do some days that I try to squeeze in as much workout as I can before or after work, but haven't noticed a huge difference. Ironic considering I just recently posted about needing more flat soled shoes for heavier lifting. Sometimes I think how we're dressed in the gym can set a mood, but the effort put into everything else means a lot more than having the right shoes

I used to wear regular running shoes to the gym, but when my deadlift hit +5 plates, the compression from the weight was causing instability and loss of power transfer cause of the squishy rubber. This was also around the time i had to start using chalk.

I switched from those to adidas top tens used by legendary power lifter Ed Coan. They have very thick and dense rubber, and flat too. Had no problems after that.

Last edited:
I used to wear regular running shoes to the gym, but when my deadlift hit +5 plates, the compression from the weight was causing instability and loss of power transfer cause of the squishy rubber. This was also around the time i had to start using chalk.

I switched from those to adidas top tens used by legendary power lifter Ed Coan. They have very thick and dense rubber, and flat too. Had no problems after that.

I decided on Adidas Sambas, even though I'm not really lifting anything truly significant right now. They gave me a bout of shinsplints for about two weeks, all flat soled shoes do for me, but they've been gravy here recently. I know a lot of guys like converse but I've heard from a lot of people that they aren't what they used to be for lifters.

I decided on Adidas Sambas, even though I'm not really lifting anything truly significant right now. They gave me a bout of shinsplints for about two weeks, all flat soled shoes do for me, but they've been gravy here recently. I know a lot of guys like converse but I've heard from a lot of people that they aren't what they used to be for lifters.

I only pull out the adidas top tens for deadlifting. Otherwise, it's the standard running shoes or sandals if i'm not training legs and lazy that day :D

The arch in running shoes can make hitting depth in a squat much easier by reducing the need for a lot of ankle mobility/flexibility. The latter the sole, the more ankle flexibility you will need to hit depth for parallel/ATG squatting.

No way. The thought of sweating up my jeans and especially my good sneakers or boots (I don't have many, but the ones I do have are in the $200+ range makes me cringe). If I had some cheap, loose wal-mart jeans and a cheap pair of worn-out work boots, sure..... but then I'd still have to change into those anyway.

It literally takes me less than 5 minutes to change into a pair of shorts and a tank or tee and my super ratty sneakers, and that stuff weighs just a few ounces in my gym bag. All else I got in there is a neck harness, some straps and that's it, but even a belt, a dip belt and some knee sleeves etc. would fit in there no problem.

I guess I just don't see the point?

The Barbarian Brothers worked out in what looked like lumberjack style clothing.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear