over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boron Vs Proviron

FITABOLICREP

Banned
Can you take Boron along side proviron? Was thinking of taking 25mg of proviron and 12mg of boron a day along side my run of test and DHB.

I was gona ask this few weeks ago and forgot

They both raise free test but would boron come close to prov?

I switched to boron 6 months ago after reading a post from Dante about it, not had blood work since for free test levels tho

I love proviron just for sexual benefits. But I’m sure for free test both work good

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/

Raises FT, so would be useful during TRT phases, but useless when "on cycle" IMO.

It also lowered circulating estrogen levels at 6mg per day which is interesting.

"After only 1 week of boron supplementation of 6 mg/d, a further study by Naghii et al20 of healthy males (n = 8) found (1) a significant increase in free testosterone, which rose from an average of 11.83 pg/mL to 15.18 pg/mL; and (2) significant decreases in E2, which dropped from 42.33 pg/mL to 25.81 pg/mL. All of the inflammatory biomarkers that were measured also decreased: (1) interleukin (IL) 6, from 1.55 pg/mL to 0.87 pg/mL; (2) high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) by approximately 50%, a remarkable decrease, from 1460 ng/mL to 795 ng/mL; and (3) tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) by approximately 30%, from 12.32 to 9.97 pg/mL. Levels of dihydrotestosterone, cortisol, and vitamin D increased slightly.

The significant decrease in the men’s plasma E2 after 1 week of boron supplementation suggests a higher rate of conversion of total testosterone (T) to free testosterone (FT) in the testosterone metabolic pathway. In support, the ratios of FT/T, T/E2, and FT/E2 were all significantly increased, indicating boron had androgen amplifier effects: (1) FT/T (pg/mL/ng/mL) increased from 3.62 to 4.66; (2) T/E2 (ng/mL) rose from 91.68 to 148; and (3) FT/E2 (ng/mL) from 0.31 to 0.67."

Raises FT, so would be useful during TRT phases, but useless when "on cycle" IMO.

It also lowered circulating estrogen levels at 6mg per day which is interesting.

"After only 1 week of boron supplementation of 6 mg/d, a further study by Naghii et al20 of healthy males (n = 8) found (1) a significant increase in free testosterone, which rose from an average of 11.83 pg/mL to 15.18 pg/mL; and (2) significant decreases in E2, which dropped from 42.33 pg/mL to 25.81 pg/mL. All of the inflammatory biomarkers that were measured also decreased: (1) interleukin (IL) 6, from 1.55 pg/mL to 0.87 pg/mL; (2) high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) by approximately 50%, a remarkable decrease, from 1460 ng/mL to 795 ng/mL; and (3) tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) by approximately 30%, from 12.32 to 9.97 pg/mL. Levels of dihydrotestosterone, cortisol, and vitamin D increased slightly.

The significant decrease in the men’s plasma E2 after 1 week of boron supplementation suggests a higher rate of conversion of total testosterone (T) to free testosterone (FT) in the testosterone metabolic pathway. In support, the ratios of FT/T, T/E2, and FT/E2 were all significantly increased, indicating boron had androgen amplifier effects: (1) FT/T (pg/mL/ng/mL) increased from 3.62 to 4.66; (2) T/E2 (ng/mL) rose from 91.68 to 148; and (3) FT/E2 (ng/mL) from 0.31 to 0.67."

Thank you, this is what I suspected

Main reason I switched was because I was on trt but was considered using boron when I’m back on cycle too instead of prov but I won’t bother now, I’m trying to limit the amount of damage to my cholesterol profiles and want to drop anything that might mess them up, getting more health conscious as I get older

You know what also raises free test? Increasing the amount of testosterone you inject.

The point is you can inject less test for the same results

More test usually means more sides, for me it’s RBC, HEMO and HCT go too high

In the value of increasing free testosterone according to the free hormone hypothesis (SHBG bound), this rightfully so would raise free estradiol.

In order to test this would be by pulling your free estradiol just as you would assess free testosterone, not direct estradiol immunoassays. Two totally different assays.

Last edited:

I remember BORON back in the late 80's early 90's but I never realized that it held any merit.

The point is you can inject less test for the same results

More test usually means more sides, for me it’s RBC, HEMO and HCT go too high
test is dirt cheap...

As for the claim of improved effect/side effect ratio, I haven't seen any evidence to that effect. In fact, SHGB seems to ameliorate androgenic side effects while not negatively impacting AR mediated effects on muscle tissue.

Interestingly, SHBG prevented SV hypertrophy but did not interfere with the hypertrophic response of the androgen-sensitive LA/BC muscles (Fig. 4B), which resembles the effect of a selective androgen-receptor modulator (SARM)37. Because T treatment in older men may adversely affect reproductive tissues like the prostate, alternative treatment strategies are needed. The free hormone hypothesis acknowledges that the effect of binding proteins may differ between tissues depending on their vascularity, blood flow rate or lipid composition, for example1,15. Besides differences in tissue characteristics, a possible explanation for this SARM-like effect is that SHBG has the highest affinity for DHT, which is a crucial mediator of androgen effects on reproductive but not other organs38. However, further investigation is needed to confirm whether SHBG truly has tissue-specific effects, and whether SHBG concentrations also modulate the response to T therapy in humans.
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep35539

A bottle of boron is like 3 dollars. Injecting more test leads to more side effects. And worse bloods, higher estrogen. And other side effects.

Baron lowers estrogen frees up more natural test. Is cheaper then test. And had no negative effect. I dont think one can argue just to use more test instead of using some boron.

^^^it's funny (..odd) everybody's talkin' about the benefit of BORON bc you can use less TEST and that's "healthier"

yet nobody's talkin' about the "anti-inflammatory" benefits
^^^which are HUGE and make BORON worth taking for that reason alone!!

^^^it's funny (..odd) everybody's talkin' about the benefit of BORON bc you can use less TEST and that's "healthier"

100% agree.
Take 12mg Boron and 50mg Proviron for 12 weeks. Then, drop the Proviron and keep the Boron at 12mg. Evaluate after another 8 to 12 weeks and include blood panels at beginning, 12 weeks, final week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

always thought boron was useless supplement. this has me interested now.

Probably because this thread is about its effects on SHBG in comparison to Mesterolone, not its anti-inflammatory effects.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131