over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bostin Loyd in kidney failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, though you can't always believe what these guys claim. They might be completely clueless or simply lying for whatever stupid reason. I'll give a couple of ridiculous examples of pros fucking around. Vic Richard claimed to eat 30,000 calories day, in reality it probably was like 8K on a particularly heavy day, just based on his stats. Nasser claimed to eat 80 grams of protein a day in the off-season, in reality he most likely ate more than that just for breakfast.
There is simply no way that Juan Morel would need say twice the calories compared to someone like Ramy. If you starve for a week you could have a monster cheat day and it all averages out pretty similarly.

Yes, well bodybuilders lie for many reasons, I still believe that there are big differences between the metabolisms of these guys, although with all the drugs they are using it is impossible to know if their metabolism is more fast or slow, or they just are hacking it.

Are you talking about screwed metabolism due to some medical issue or screwed from low calorie diets causing "metabolic damage"? Maybe both? They have looked at these things. In the case of diets, they have looked at metabolic downregulation from long term starvation and also measured things in the recovery period, for example in the Minnesota study I linked to. The downregulation might not be as big as you think.

I don't think that low calorie diets destroy the metabolism. What I do believe is that there are individuals, for whatever reasons, who cannot lose fat as they should according to their caloric intake and expenditure.

You can see this in pro bodybuilders, some are in supreme condition and some are not, I find it hard to believe that those who are conditioning is because they diet more and more cardio, that is, because they try harder or take more or better drugs. Some don't even barely do cardio, like Dexter. On the other hand, Iris Kyle is famous for doing 3 hours of cardio. No, and she was not fat in the off season, she only weighs 5-7 pounds more than her competition weight.

Thread has gone off topic but generated good discussion. Question, has anyone ever found that a certain amount of cardio was too much when bulking and hurt recovery? This is when bulking not dieting. I always feel like many allow too much fat gain when bulking which is undhealthy and imo doesn't lead to more long term gains. I hear guys talking about getting up to 14 or so percent when they are already far above a healthy BMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member