YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Botched surgery messing my life up (Graphic Pic)

Crazytall

Registered
A few weeks ago I had an intense ab workout. When I got home I felt a searing pain in my lower abdomin. I brushed it off as a strained ab muscle, but it was so bad I ended up passing out 3 times from the pain. My wife finally took me to the ER.
When they took my blood work and ran a CT scan on me they said my liver levels were all fucked up, and I was bleeding into my abdomin.
They sent me to a level 1 trauma center, where they perfromed an emergency exploratory surgery on me. They ended up finding 3 benign growths on my liver, and cut of 1/3 of the left lobe.
Thats just the beginning. After I came out of anesthesia, everyone kept coming in and checking on my scar, including the surguical team, yet no one including myself noticed that I was not on any type of anti biotic.
They ended up sending me home with no anti bioticsa whatsoever.
Within 2 days my upper staples were swole up like crazy and they were bubbling puss out of them.
I rushed to my local ER where they ran a CT scan and the ER DR there said she saw debris left in the surgical sight.
She called the level 1 trauma center where I had the surgery done and they sent an ambulance to come get me within 15 minutes (no joke thats how fast)
They must have said something to piss her off because she slipped me a disk with her CT scan results and diagnosis.
As soon as I got to the trauma center, a team of 3 Dr's came in and literally ripped the staples out the infected area, and took out whatever they left in me.
I ended up staying there for 5 days on heavy anti biotics and pain killers. They finally released me a week ago with I huge hole right below my diaphragm. I have to change and pack it 3 times a day. I also ran out of pain killers and they wont refill them.
I also lost 40 lbs. All this because they fucked up and them tried to cover it up. TO bad for them I have copies of the original CT scan. I jut wanted to vent.:banghead:

I had a nice clean staple job, and now I have this because of the infection:

2iuvqq.jpg

Last edited:
That's horrible man - sorry for you having to go thru that because of an unacceptable fuck up.

Call your lawyer - I'm sure you have a good case for a malpractice suit.

Wow bro that's terrible, I feel for you. Wishing you the best

Man thats ridiculous, best wishes on your recovery. Can u tell what's on that disk? Or better yet, be careful disclosing what is to the public.

Wow, I really hate to hear this. I don't EVER give this advice, but if I were you I would sue for medical malpractice. We all make mistakes in the medical field, but there is absolutely no excuse for trying to cover up a mistake. Even if the patient doesn't have an infection it is just protocol to give 1-2 Grams of an antibiotic for preventative measures so something like this doesn't happen. I work in the ER or a Lvl 1 trauma center and any time we have a trauma that is significant then we hang 1-2G of Anceft right out of the gate. It's just common practice/treatment.... Shame on them.

I'm sure you've got MRSA and that is a BITCH to clear up. Good luck to you.

Man thats not good to hear. I hope it heals well.

Its good to see that the nurse that helped you out had a conscience and gave you a copy of the scan.

Bro, take pictures every day and find the best lawyer you can. He'll work on a commission for this, for sure. Looks like a slam dunk big $$ win to me. Hope you heal though, that's what is most important with you owning a piece of that hospital next important. What f-ing idiots!

Wow, I really hate to hear this. I don't EVER give this advice, but if I were you I would sue for medical malpractice. We all make mistakes in the medical field, but there is absolutely no excuse for trying to cover up a mistake. Even if the patient doesn't have an infection it is just protocol to give 1-2 Grams of an antibiotic for preventative measures so something like this doesn't happen. I work in the ER or a Lvl 1 trauma center and any time we have a trauma that is significant then we hang 1-2G of Anceft right out of the gate. It's just common practice/treatment.... Shame on them.

I'm sure you've got MRSA and that is a BITCH to clear up. Good luck to you.

The pic looks just like when I had MRSA, except mine wasn't quite as large. Had a huge bump, had to have it cut open and packed with silver nitrate then my wife had to change the dressing twice a day. It took forever to heal and hurt like a bitch.

Good luck OP, hope this somehow works out in your favor.

Crazytall,

That looks horrible. I can't believe they tried to cover it up on top of everything else!!

I'm sure you've contacted an attorney. Typically I'm not a fan of law suits but when it's this blatant and the potential for on going medical issues I think it's warranted.

I'm praying for you brother!

Get Well Soon.

Renewlyf

Thats brutal. is there anyway that can heal up by itself or will they have to do skin grafts?

I agree with Medic I've seen all kinds of bullshit medical malpractice suits...

but this isn't one...

speedy recovery man.

Thanks for the kinds words guys. Its hard for me to answer questions because if I am going to sue I dont know if somehow they can find what I post and use it against me. All I can say is that the lawyer I retained is very interested in this case, and when I told them about how I had the original CT Scan I could tell even over the phone it was big by their reaction.
I have been taking pictures. I have pics right after the surgery, and after the infection. This is me the day they sent me home after the initial surgery, 2 days before the infection. Notice how nice the scar looks in comparison to the huge hole I now have in that was in the 1st post.

2quj4wj.jpg

Last edited:
Another thing is all this time out of the gym is killing me. I want to start lifting again so bad! Anyone have any ideas on things to take and eat to speed up the recovery process?

Oh man I'm really sorry to hear about what happen and I stared at that picture a little too long...that image will be forever with me.

I really hope those guys end up paying for what they did and I hope the lawyer that you talked to was one those true SOBs so he could squeeze every single penny that they have out of them.

Hope you have a super speedy recovery bud and nothing even remotely close to that ever happens to you, ever!

Another thing is all this time out of the gym is killing me. I want to start lifting again so bad! Anyone have any ideas on things to take and eat to speed up the recovery process?

Id stick to clean organic foods no wheat or starchy carbs. You want your immune system fighting this not the food you eat. Also coconut oil is a natural antibiotic so eat that

Definitely seems somebody did something wrong, but it also seems you are overlooking what put you there in the the first place. Obviously, some irresponsibility on your part, and as it seems you just want to brush that off.

How long were you taking the orals.......... :rolleyes:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner