over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Boy Meets Westside Barbell

I trained there over 12 years ago. Wound up with world record bench in 181 and 198. Boys don't play. Implemented many of their methods in my training and still do. Place aint for boys. Can still bench 550 at 198 RAW. Im 42- blesessed with never an injury. Was never a shirted guy. But that place is serious. Cant say I agreed with everything but 70% and the intensity was unreal. I was smokin 300 lb guys on tha bench. Still can. Got bored. 50 Competitions plus 50 first places for bodyweight and mostly best lifter awards. All i took was winny. I preferred to work with the late Anthony Clark (held all time record for bench for like 7 years before this multi pli shirt shit)and at Coffees Gym (those in Ga Know what up) RIP ANTHONY CLARK
IN FACT ILL BET ANYONE A GRAND (1000 US DOLLARS) WHO CAN OUT BENCH ME AT 190 LBS bodyweight AT SAME DAY OF WEIGH IN RIGHT BEFORE LIFT
PM me- i like a challenge. Either reps or total single lift All in good spirits of course bros!

Last edited:
I trained there over 12 years ago. Wound up with world record bench in 181 and 198. Boys don't play. Implemented many of their methods in my training and still do. Place aint for boys. Can still bench 550 at 198 RAW. Im 42- blesessed with never an injury. Was never a shirted guy. But that place is serious. Cant say I agreed with everything but 70% and the intensity was unreal. I was smokin 300 lb guys on tha bench. Still can. Got bored. 50 Competitions plus 50 first places for bodyweight and mostly best lifter awards. All i took was winny. I preferred to work with the late Anthony Clark (held all time record for bench for like 7 years before this multi pli shirt shit)and at Coffees Gym (those in Ga Know what up) RIP ANTHONY CLARK
IN FACT ILL BET ANYONE A GRAND (1000 US DOLLARS) WHO CAN OUT BENCH ME AT 190 LBS bodyweight AT SAME DAY OF WEIGH IN RIGHT BEFORE LIFT
PM me- i like a challenge. Either reps or total single lift All in good spirits of course bros!

Strongrhino,
I have responded to you in certain threads before , but just read this. Anthony Clarke was a good friend. I talked to him many times. He came to the grand opening of another friends health food shop and stayed for a week. During that time I had the opportunity to train with one of the strongest men of all time. !!
BTW I was powerlifting back then and doing well. Maybe we have met?

Coffees was the SHIT !!, they don't make gyms like that any more.

Strongrhino,
I have responded to you in certain threads before , but just read this. Anthony Clarke was a good friend. I talked to him many times. He came to the grand opening of another friends health food shop and stayed for a week. During that time I had the opportunity to train with one of the strongest men of all time. !!
BTW I was powerlifting back then and doing well. Maybe we have met?

Anthony Was a friend as well. We did the first Golds Gym Bench Press Classic together- he trained me- in Tennessee. Actually he guest lifted(did like 650 for 8 reps) but trained me for the meet. As it was my first back in 1998. He and I kept in touch and spoke and trained when he was in town or I was in a town where he competed. Great guy and I am confident that if all of these multi layer shirts were around when he was he would be king. He simply used a single ply blast shirt that maybe gave him 30 lbs. We were both sponsored by Inzer and I believe his single ply record stands to this day. He did a clean 800 which was not credited but officially held the record at 780 for many years. He taught me many things about life in general and I was devastated when he was killed in the automobile accident. RIP Brotha

Well, thing i thought were funny...the part about working in a strip club to pay for the drugs and shirts...hahahaha dont we all...

I have been kicked out of westside because louey thought my extra work there was to bodybuilderish...

Is good to add certain things to your arsenal. But....Ya take from it what works well for YOU. Ya they train hard. But so do I and im sure a bunch of you as well. I was Using chains and bands in the early 90's at The Univerity of Miami. WS is hard core powerlifting but they can be arrogent and look down and shun other methods which Is not liked in that community. I competed against those guys on bench many many times. They are good in powerlifting gear. so? To each his own. Louie Simmons is a smart guy and very set in HIS ways.

Is good to add certain things to your arsenal. But....Ya take from it what works well for YOU. Ya they train hard. But so do I and im sure a bunch of you as well. I was Using chains and bands in the early 90's at The Univerity of Miami. WS is hard core powerlifting but they can be arrogent and look down and shun other methods which Is not liked in that community. I competed against those guys on bench many many times. They are good in powerlifting gear. so? To each his own. Louie Simmons is a smart guy and very set in HIS ways.

I didn't mean to cause offense. I was just going with the post above mine, celebrating the boy from the video.

Tate once mentioned that DL's should be pulled as singles, not as a touch-and-go set. If this advice originally came from Louie, then Louie's advice helped my DL tremendously. Louie mentioned that a good way to increase body weight to move up a weight class is to do 6-8 singles of 90% of your DL. I know that some people would see this question as over analyzing, but how long between reps do those guys do for "singles"? I take 10 seconds at most, but maybe rest time is not the important part.

I didn't mean to cause offense. I was just going with the post above mine, celebrating the boy from the video.

Tate once mentioned that DL's should be pulled as singles, not as a touch-and-go set. If this advice originally came from Louie, then Louie's advice helped my DL tremendously. Louie mentioned that a good way to increase body weight to move up a weight class is to do 6-8 singles of 90% of your DL. I know that some people would see this question as over analyzing, but how long between reps do those guys do for "singles"? I take 10 seconds at most, but maybe rest time is not the important part.

No offense bro at all. I had a crew here in GA in the 90's that would tear his boys apart on every lift. I just still feel that competition. Gets the juices flowin! He never had a better squatter at the time than Steve Goggins- was doin over 1000 at 220 single ply and Lou hated that. I could raw (real) bench more than any of his lifters even a weight class above. Still can. Just gets my heart pumpin it was such a rivalry! Sound like ya know yor deads- my weakest lift. I was only pullin 6 at 198 raw. I only competed bench.

I preferred to work with the late Anthony Clark (held all time record for bench for like 7 years before this multi pli shirt shit)and at Coffees Gym (those in Ga Know what up) RIP ANTHONY CLARK

He taught me many things about life in general and I was devastated when he was killed in the automobile accident. RIP Brotha

He never had a better squatter at the time than Steve Goggins-

Anthony Clark was one of my best friends and a long time training partner. I was there when he died and also one of the individuals who carried him to his resting place. AC was the best. Nice to meet another of the lives AC touched.

By the way AC did not die in that accident but someone did die in the other automobile. As you can imagine AC never got over that and held himself responsible. AC died a few years after that accident from cardiac arrest. My wife and I and a few close friend and family were at his side when he passed.

By the way, Steve Goggins use to train with Ronnie Coleman at Metroflex when he lived in Texas. Now you see why Coleman was so damn strong. I use to know Goggins pretty well when he lived here but have lost contact with him over the years since he moved.

Last edited:
Anthony Clark was one of my best friends and a long time training partner. I was there when he died and also one of the individuals who carried him to his resting place. AC was the best. Nice to meet another of the lives AC touched.

By the way AC did not die in that accident but someone did die in the other automobile. As you can imagine AC never got over that and held himself responsible. AC died a few years after that accident from cardiac arrest. My wife and I and a few close friend and family were at his side when he passed.

By the way, Steve Goggins use to train with Ronnie Coleman at Metroflex when he lived in Texas. Now you see why Coleman was so damn strong. I use to know Goggins pretty well when he lived here but have lost contact with him over the years since he moved.
I was under the impression that Anthony died as a result of unresolved injuries from that accident but I may stand corrected. As far as Steve- I tought him to bench. He had atrial fibrilation which complicated matters. I was there when he broke Ed Cohns all time 220 and/or 242 record. Been a while. Peace out brotha. Anthony was an amazing man and his childhood and upbringing answers many questions regarding his drive and spirit. If ya new him as i know ya did you know what I mean. I was devastated. He was never the same after incident. I visited him in Lubbock around 2000 he taught me to bench. Out of the goodness of his heart. I owe all of my records and accomplishments to him. You sound like a good man yourself as well.

The cartoon gave me a chuckle. But really the the sport has turned into a joke. The equipment is way out of control. I will give you an example - my son trains with a couple x-female powerlifters. They have switched to the Olympic lifts. In powerlifting they squated well over 300. They can barely squat 185 without gear.

By the way the 800 pound raw squater Pat Mendez is scheduled to lift at the American open next week. We might see the first 500 pound clean and jerk and 400 pound snatch in a while from a US lifter.

i train at westside three to four times ayear for 15 years they are more then equipped lifters i have seen kenny patterson years ago at 275 smoke 585 bench raw just playing around george halbert also a can name many strong guys who lifted there jm could do 600 raw also im sure look at there deadlifts that tells alot very strong

i train at westside three to four times ayear for 15 years they are more then equipped lifters i have seen kenny patterson years ago at 275 smoke 585 bench raw just playing around george halbert also a can name many strong guys who lifted there jm could do 600 raw also im sure look at there deadlifts that tells alot very strong
Thats cool Bro I beat Halbert single ply and raw- forget it. No Contest and he knows it. He has competed 242 I was a 181 and 198. and he and I at 198 day of weigh Ill smoke him by 50 raw right now. I trained there too. So- nothing I havent seen. High intensity yes. Bigger egos yes.

Last edited:
great place to train dont know if i could handle every day because i get lazy from time to time i probally trained with you on speed day then i am sure cant think of 181 other then joe mccoy

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear