over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BPC157 heals torn rotator cuff...new study

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
I know research peps aren't meant to be posted here but this new pubmed.com study just came out(2014) proving BPC157 fully heals a full tear of the rotator cuff.
A lot of us here have torn rotator cuffs from bench press so this study should be of interest to a lot of us.

Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat (844.9)

Abstract

The rotator cuff musculature imparts dynamic stability to the glenohumeral joint. In particular, the balance between the subscapularis anteriorly and the infraspinatus posteriorly, often referred to as the rotator cuff "force couple," is critical for concavity compression and concentric rotation of the humeral head. Our goal was to determine the effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat model. 48 rats underwent detachment of the supraspinatus and infraspinatus and were randomly assigned to control and pentadecapeptide BPC 157 group. BPC 157 animals were regularly treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (10µg/kg) intraperitoneally, control animals got equivalent volume of saline. Animals were observed during experiment and were sacrificed 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks after the surgery. Macroscopic observation (muscle atrophy (m(non-operated m triceps)/m-operated(m triceps)), movement range, front leg length) and functional analysis (walk pattern (SFI), front limb muscle strength (weightlifting time) were performed. In animals treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 was observed total functional recovery similar to healthy animals, along with supraspinate and infraspinate tendon healing. In controls, mobility rage, muscle strength, and leg length were reduced compared to pentadecapeptide BPC 157 treated animals.
In conclusion, pentadecapeptide BPC 157 could be successfully used in healing and functional recovery of rotator cuff tear injury.

Great study. I am lucky I have no injuries now but a great read nonetheless.

Bunping this thread for the many of us who have rotator cuff problems.

Effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat (844.9)
Authors
Abstract

The rotator cuff musculature imparts dynamic stability to the glenohumeral joint. In particular, the balance between the subscapularis anteriorly and the infraspinatus posteriorly, often referred to as the rotator cuff "force couple," is critical for concavity compression and concentric rotation of the humeral head. Our goal was to determine the effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on rotator cuff tear injury in rat model. 48 rats underwent detachment of the supraspinatus and infraspinatus and were randomly assigned to control and pentadecapeptide BPC 157 group. BPC 157 animals were regularly treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (10µg/kg) intraperitoneally, control animals got equivalent volume of saline. Animals were observed during experiment and were sacrificed 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks after the surgery. Macroscopic observation (muscle atrophy (m(non-operated m triceps)/m-operated(m triceps)), movement range, front leg length) and functional analysis (walk pattern (SFI), front limb muscle strength (weightlifting time) were performed. In animals treated with pentadecapeptide BPC 157 was observed total functional recovery similar to healthy animals, along with supraspinate and infraspinate tendon healing. In controls, mobility rage, muscle strength, and leg length were reduced compared to pentadecapeptide BPC 157 treated animals. In conclusion, pentadecapeptide BPC 157 could be successfully used in healing and functional recovery of rotator cuff tear injury.

I searched and can't find it onlin. do you have a link so I can bring to my physical therapist who is pissign me off? thanks

I searched and can't find it onlin. do you have a link so I can bring to my physical therapist who is pissign me off? thanks

Do a google search on "bpc157 pubmed"
It will pull up studies on it.
The peptide sponsors here carry it.

Jj
typical dose for a 200lbs dude injured rotator?

250mcg a day is solid.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

is/was this study funded by a bpc157 company or anyone giving the publishers of the study money to publish this?

I wouldnt be surprised to see PMR guys using something like that in 15 or so years. It shows a lot of promise but IF i ever had it done id have it done as an ultrasound guided local injection. Systemic effects with it comes to cancer etc are too variable from my limited research.

This is GREAT news! I wish they would do a study with on knee injuries(ie.ACL, meniscus, etc...)

thanks for posting this, some how I missed this the first time it wasa posted, my brother tore his about 2? years ago while working out, I'm going to pass this along to him. thanks again!

Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (PL 14736) improves ligament healing in the rat.]¥
Cerovecki T, et al. J Orthop Res. 2010.
Show full citation
Abstract
We improved medial collateral ligament (MCL) healing throughout 90 days after surgical transection. We introduced intraperitoneal, per-oral (in drinking water) and topical (thin cream layer) peptide therapy always given alone, without a carrier. Previously, as an effective peptide therapy, stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (GEPPPGKPADDAGLV, an anti-ulcer peptide effective in inflammatory bowel disease therapy (PL 14736)) particularly improved healing of transected tendon and muscle and wound healing effect including the expression of the early growth response 1 (egr-1) gene. After MCL transection BPC 157 was effective in rats when given once daily intraperitoneally (10 microg or 10 ng/kg) or locally as a thin layer (1.0 microg dissolved in distilled water/g commercial neutral cream) at the site of injury, first application 30 min after surgery and the final application 24 h before sacrifice. Likewise, BPC 157 was effective given per-orally (0.16 microg/ml in the drinking water (12 ml/day/rat)) until sacrifice. Commonly, BPC 157 microg-ng-rats exhibited consistent functional, biomechanical, macroscopic and histological healing improvements. Thus, we suggest BPC 157 improved healing of acute ligament injuries in further ligament therapy.

BPC 157 and blood vessels.
Review article
Seiwerth S, et al. Curr Pharm Des. 2014.
Show full citation
Abstract
This review focuses on the described effects of BPC 157 on blood vessels after different types of damage, and elucidate by investigating different aspects of vascular response to injury (endothelium damage, clotting, thrombosis, vasoconstriction, vasodilatation, vasculoneogenesis and edema formation) especially in connection to the healing processes. In this respect, BPC 157 was concluded to be the most potent angiomodulatory agent, acting through different vasoactive pathways and systems (e.g. NO, VEGF, FAK) and leading to optimization of the vascular response followed, as it has to be expected, by optimization of the healing process. Formation of new blood vessels involves two main, partly overlapping mechanisms, angiogenesis and vasculogenesis. The additional mechanism of arteriogenesis is involved in the formation of collaterals. In conjunction with blood vessel function, we at least have to consider leakage of fluid/proteins/plasma, resulting in edema/exudate formation as well as thrombogenesis. Blood vessels are also strongly involved in tumor biology. In this aspect, we have neoangiogenesis resulting in pathological vascularization, vascular invasion resulting in release of metastatic cells and the phenomenon of homing resulting in formation of secondary tumors--metastases.

BPC 157 and blood vessels.
Review article
Seiwerth S, et al. Curr Pharm Des. 2014.
Show full citation
Abstract
This review focuses on the described effects of BPC 157 on blood vessels after different types of damage, and elucidate by investigating different aspects of vascular response to injury (endothelium damage, clotting, thrombosis, vasoconstriction, vasodilatation, vasculoneogenesis and edema formation) especially in connection to the healing processes. In this respect, BPC 157 was concluded to be the most potent angiomodulatory agent, acting through different vasoactive pathways and systems (e.g. NO, VEGF, FAK) and leading to optimization of the vascular response followed, as it has to be expected, by optimization of the healing process. Formation of new blood vessels involves two main, partly overlapping mechanisms, angiogenesis and vasculogenesis. The additional mechanism of arteriogenesis is involved in the formation of collaterals. In conjunction with blood vessel function, we at least have to consider leakage of fluid/proteins/plasma, resulting in edema/exudate formation as well as thrombogenesis. Blood vessels are also strongly involved in tumor biology. In this aspect, we have neoangiogenesis resulting in pathological vascularization, vascular invasion resulting in release of metastatic cells and the phenomenon of homing resulting in formation of secondary tumors--metastases.

I believe that these sorts of compound will actually be effective down the line however did i just read above that you plan on trying to blindly inject this into your rotator cuff..

I mean i guess you dont have much of a choice if you want to play around with it but how are you doing to know where to inject? Where the tear is? Are you just talking about where the supra and infra join i mean thats probably the only tendon your gonna be able to reach but even then its a small window and I sure hope whatever your injecting is ridiculously sterile as the last thing you want is to give yourself a septic joint.

I really dont have a great suggestion as to how you can do this without ultrasound guidance. Be careful and good luck!

I tore the shit out of mine in 2008, thanks to the fine dr. who patches up the Cleveland Indians and 4 anchors later i'm fine, but being I still play softball now my left (swinging arm) is killing me... I do not want surgery now at my age esp. since I have a great job.. thanks for this info...ill look into this more.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131