over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brachioradialis pain in both arms....

miamifunk

Registered
Anyone had brachioradialis pain in their arms...I have had it for weeks and have already taken 3 weeks off, doing hammer curls and taking anti inflammatorys. Appreciate any help

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here you go:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9i26FSwVq8"]Elbow Pain Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis BAM the fix! | Trevor Bachmeyer | SmashweRx - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2E3SbCUz34"]Forearm pump/elbow pain | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 291 | MobilityWOD - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMuqfru7eE"]Lateral Elbow Pain/Epicondylitis/Tennis/Kimura Elbow | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 273 | MobilityWOD - YouTube[/ame]

I had it once really bad, but just in my right forearm. I went to an orthopedic doctor and he diagnosed that my pain was from compression on the radial nerve. That makes sense since the radial nerve runs along that side of the forearm, on the radius side. Only thing that helped me was avoiding all exercises that strain that muscle, if it hurts then you cant do it. The pain was bad and it lasted about 2 months before it went away. I couldn't do much of anything. Might be worse that what you have, don't know.

The pain would shoot down my arm, like when you hit the funny bone. That is nerve pain. It did ache and have a dull pain when I put stress or if I pressed on that area. Swelling causes it.

I wore a brace on my forearm all day long and that helped.

Oh, I wouldn't do hammer curls because that puts stress on that muscle. If it doesn't hurt at all then you can do it though. I hurt mine doing reverse curls.

Last edited:
Anyone had brachioradialis pain in their arms...I have had it for weeks and have already taken 3 weeks off, doing hammer curls and taking anti inflammatorys. Appreciate any help

A.R.T.

I used to deal with it a lot. I barely have issues with it now as I use wrist straps for anything I need to grip.

Find a local chiro that does FAKTR OR GRASTON. It's usually cleaned up within a few sessions

I had it once really bad, but just in my right forearm. I went to an orthopedic doctor and he diagnosed that my pain was from compression on the radial nerve. That makes sense since the radial nerve runs along that side of the forearm, on the radius side. Only thing that helped me was avoiding all exercises that strain that muscle, if it hurts then you cant do it. The pain was bad and it lasted about 2 months before it went away. I couldn't do much of anything. Might be worse that what you have, don't know.

The pain would shoot down my arm, like when you hit the funny bone. That is nerve pain. It did ache and have a dull pain when I put stress or if I pressed on that area. Swelling causes it.

I wore a brace on my forearm all day long and that helped.

Oh, I wouldn't do hammer curls because that puts stress on that muscle. If it doesn't hurt at all then you can do it though. I hurt mine doing reverse curls.
I actually think thats what I have...I have had ulnar nerve probs before that were misdiagnosed as golfers elbow. Im hoping its not the radial nerve but everything I read points to it. I have an ultrasound of both arms nxt week hopefully it will pick something up. If its not the nerve Ill get some PRP had it before and it worked but it dosent make sense its muscular, tendon etc as having had ulnar nerve problems I dont train arms at all and do heaps of forearm exercises for both tennis and golfers elbow with really light weight as an adjunct. Even have all the theraband flexbars etc. Also have a c5 c6 herniation w potential compression so could be that. Pisses me off as I was finaly making some progress...so far its been 4 weeks out of the gym but I am being stubborn and lazy I need to go and do whatever I can.

Ive been doing light hammer curls and eccentric no pain but its had little effect....

Whorry sheeet, that first video is spot on for me! I don't even have my arm wrapped and feel that like CrAzY! "My L forearm" Thanks Reno911!!

Whiskey

if it's both your arms it's probably bad form, I'd just drop hammer curls all together if they hurt now

when they are better and don't hurt try using lighter weight with better form

I actually think thats what I have...I have had ulnar nerve probs before that were misdiagnosed as golfers elbow. Im hoping its not the radial nerve but everything I read points to it. I have an ultrasound of both arms nxt week hopefully it will pick something up. If its not the nerve Ill get some PRP had it before and it worked but it dosent make sense its muscular, tendon etc as having had ulnar nerve problems I dont train arms at all and do heaps of forearm exercises for both tennis and golfers elbow with really light weight as an adjunct. Even have all the theraband flexbars etc. Also have a c5 c6 herniation w potential compression so could be that. Pisses me off as I was finaly making some progress...so far its been 4 weeks out of the gym but I am being stubborn and lazy I need to go and do whatever I can.

Turn your hand so that the back of it is facing up. Push down to put pressure near your wrist where the radius is, the thumb side. I can still make mine hurt if I do it now. Push down and also grab ahold of the forearm muscle there and try to wiggle it back and forth. When I had the injury I would get that feeling like lightning shoot up my arm, like when you hit your "funny bone"(ulnar nerve in that case at your elbow). If I do it now, many years after it healed, I just get a dull pain sensation. If it is a sharp shooting pain that hurts bad then that tells you something.

Turn your hand so that the back of it is facing up. Push down to put pressure near your wrist where the radius is, the thumb side. I can still make mine hurt if I do it now. Push down and also grab ahold of the forearm muscle there and try to wiggle it back and forth. When I had the injury I would get that feeling like lightning shoot up my arm, like when you hit your "funny bone"(ulnar nerve in that case at your elbow). If I do it now, many years after it healed, I just get a dull pain sensation. If it is a sharp shooting pain that hurts bad then that tells you something.
thx mate

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear