over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brain Surgery

method2madness

Registered
So aside from being a father, husband, teacher, bodybuilder, etc.. I am also an epileptic and have been suffering with this in increasing severity over the past 4 years. I'm now at the point that I have been getting full body tonic clonic (grand mal) siezures once or twice a month. It could be worse and I can predict them; they always happen n the evening or when I'm asleep. Here is my question...I'm an ambitious man and have been pursuing a position of administration as a VP or Principal. However I will likely have to get this surgery around November or December of this coming school year. Knowing that I will have to take off at least two months for rehab, do I continue to look for admin work for this year or do I hold off the search until after the surgery and rehab occurs. I don't like waiting, but I am also good at playing the long game if/when necessary. Opinions?

Last edited:
having a major surgery like that, i would wait. you have to be under some major stress. good luck, hope all goes well.

having a major surgery like that, i would wait. you have to be under some major stress. good luck, hope all goes well.

I tend to agree with you, but I like hearing different perspective as well. Thanks for the feedback.

in my experience, when contemplating something major life career change, relationship change, surgery, buying a home, etc, it is best not to do two at a time, if possible. I tried divorce and job change simultaneously and it was difficult.

Have you tried the cbd oil ? Reason I ask is my sister has at least two small seizures a day and probably one grandmal seizure a week and we where going to try the oils on her.

Have you tried the cbd oil ? Reason I ask is my sister has at least two small seizures a day and probably one grandmal seizure a week and we where going to try the oils on her.

I was using the medicinal marijuana high in cbd. I am in the legal program where I live. I found that it did not have a significant effect and it was more expensive than reasonable,

Good to know I wish you the best of luck I also have another good friend who is 38 and had the brain surgery and only has one seziur every six months or so. Which I think is pretty good.

Best of luck M2M!

Are you having a vns implanted? If so I don't believe it's a hard recovery.

A guy I know hasn't had episodes for years with good sleep and a keto diet.

I'm really sorry to hear. Praying for ya buddy

that must suck dude; I hope you get better

First, I am terribly sorry your going through this.

Second - to answer your question, like me, your a father....I think that says it all.

Take care of yourself first, so you can continue to take care of them.

Are you having a vns implanted? If so I don't believe it's a hard recovery.

The VNS is unlikely to work with my specific condition unfortunately and is also impractical for the life I lead.

A guy I know hasn't had episodes for years with good sleep and a keto diet.

Unfortunately I am the father of two young children so good sleep really isn't an option now and keto diets have not worked for me in the past. I had to give up preparing for a show back in 2013 due to 3 major siezures striking back to back while on a keto type diet and being on test prop, tren, and several other compounds. Bottom line, it didn't work.
All the support from guys in our own little community truly helps; Thanks fellas
And Chipper, your absolutely right.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am the father of two young children so good sleep really isn't an option now and keto diets have not worked for me in the past. I had to give up preparing for a show back in 2013 due to 3 major siezures striking back to back while on a keto type diet and being on test prop, tren, and several other compounds. Bottom line, it didn't work.
All the support from guys in our own little community truly helps; Thanks fellas
And Chipper, your absolutely right.

Best of luck.

I've pretty much decided to stop looking for the time being. If I were lucky enough to find an administrative job in another district it would look bad if I took off 2 months for a pre-existing condition. Additionally I can use my sick days and temporary disability that I have from the district I currently work in, so that would cover my family for the short term.
Thanks for all the support fellas!

I've pretty much decided to stop looking for the time being. If I were lucky enough to find an administrative job in another district it would look bad if I took off 2 months for a pre-existing condition. Additionally I can use my sick days and temporary disability that I have from the district I currently work in, so that would cover my family for the short term.
Thanks for all the support fellas!

You are making the right decision. To go in now and take a new job and then end up missing 2 months would not only look really bad but also put the school in a bad place. I used to teach and I never once experienced an assistant principal miss that much work. The school would have to somehow hire a sub for assistant principal or perhaps have a teacher at the school take over the role and then get a sub for them. A situation like that would create a lot of havoc and leave a very bad impressions with the superintendent and school board.

There is no rush. Get your health in order and then move up the ladder next year. When a school interviews you one of the first questions they ask is do you have any personal or physical conditions that might not allow you to serve out your full contract with the school. At that time you would need to reveal to them your problem.

Why cant you just get the surgery done this summer, get it done when you don't have to work?:confused:

Last edited:
You are making the right decision. To go in now and take a new job and then end up missing 2 months would not only look really bad but also put the school in a bad place. I used to teach and I never once experienced an assistant principal miss that much work. The school would have to somehow hire a sub for assistant principal or perhaps have a teacher at the school take over the role and then get a sub for them. A situation like that would create a lot of havoc and leave a very bad impressions with the superintendent and school board.

There is no rush. Get your health in order and then move up the ladder next year. When a school interviews you one of the first questions they ask is do you have any personal or physical conditions that might not allow you to serve out your full contract with the school. At that time you would need to reveal to them your problem.

Why cant you just get the surgery done this summer, get it done when you don't have to work?:confused:

You're definitely right about everything, but being the ambitious person that I am it's been a rough yet humbling few years since I had to back out of competition that I could have easily won and then moved on to be a solid national level contender. Now having no real choice but to back out of pursuing this career move, it's just been hard. And I can't get the surgery this summer because there are two more tests that have to be done before the panel of doctors can review and confirm the specific area of my brain where these siezures are even coming from.
And here's a pic to show that I'm not bulshitting when I say that I was likely to win and be a national contender. This is me at 5'1, 178lbs, and 2 weeks out

Attachments

• 2012-11-12 (1).jpg
    2012-11-12 (1).jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 91
So aside from being a father, husband, teacher, bodybuilder, etc.. I am also an epileptic and have been suffering with this in increasing severity over the past 4 years. I'm now at the point that I have been getting full body tonic clonic (grand mal) siezures once or twice a month. It could be worse and I can predict them; they always happen n the evening or when I'm asleep. Here is my question...I'm an ambitious man and have been pursuing a position of administration as a VP or Principal. However I will likely have to get this surgery around November or December of this coming school year. Knowing that I will have to take off at least two months for rehab, do I continue to look for admin work for this year or do I hold off the search until after the surgery and rehab occurs. I don't like waiting, but I am also good at playing the long game if/when necessary. Opinions?

I certainly wish you the best with your surgery. I think it would be a personal decision. If your not the type of guy who likes waiting around by all means seek your employement. Not everyone has the mental drive to handle several situations at once especially with health and career but often that's what seperates the GREAT's from the ELITE! GOOD LUCK!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear