over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brandy dandy new 90,000 sq ft gym here in Vegas

I will be in vegas last weekend of the month. LAST thing I`ll be doing is hitting a gym or lifting a weight.

That's the initial contract. I have my renewal notice sitting on my desk and it's $125/year.

:eek::headbang:

Wow, that is cheap! Nice place too. I cant believe it is that low.

I go to the NW LVAC and this one looks exactly the same.. The thing about LVAC is that it gets too packed with youngsters. I prefer 24 hour fitness where I can get my workout in and gtfo
Even though I haven't been in there yet, I've been told that it's a carbon copy of the one in Aliante.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

the membership numbers they must need to hit to run the business at a profit must be huge

How do you think those of us that live here feel?
I especially miss the Flamingo gym.

Aw come on, man, don't you just love EOS? Kidding!

I lived in Vegas for a little over 4 years and had to settle for EOS. Cool thing is I saw Porter a lot (RIP) and Stan Efferding.

Anyone ever been to Reds in Lafayette, LA? Cause that gym will blow your fucking mind.

The gym looks great. When gyms charge that much (ridiculous) they rely on most of the members not even going to the gym. Many get memberships and stop going after x time but because the price is so low they just carry on the membership. For many it even makes them feel better knowing they have the membership so can go at anytime but they still don't bother. I know when I went to a big gym like this in the UK the manager told me over 60% (might have been 70%) of the clients didn't ever go and that was much more expensive than this gym.

I would love a big gym like that and obviously guys on here would make great use of it. I have paid their yearly membership fee for a month in a few gyms now.

Here are my initial thoughts after going this morning around 2.
It's nice..it really is. To those not used to something this size, it'll seem incredible. However to those of us accustomed to larger gyms, specifically LVAC large, this location is nothing earth shattering. Rainbow, as well as Flamingo are bigger. As mentioned, it is a carbon copy of Decatur..just newer. I saw a bunch of late night lifters like myself from the Eastern location. That was nice.

They're missing some pieces of useful things tho.
-- Overhead tricep extension machine. W T F ???? Sandhill, Maryland, Eastern, Sahara, and Rainbow all have it. Not sure about the other two (looks like this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGrKTxJ9bQ

--barbell clamps?? They're there...but for a place that big, I expected alot more. At 8 pm on a Monday night it's gonna be slim pickings for sure.

--By far the BIGGEST most BASIC piece of equipment that for sure is not there (although I'll confirm tomorrow when I search every fucking square inch) is the regular old cambered bar for tricep press downs.
(looks like this)
https://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/cambered-curl-bar-cable-attachment-28-inches-lo28.html

Awww come on LVAC! I'm pretty sure it's illegal in 41 states to open a fucking 90 thousand square foot gym and NOT have this.
In their defense--there are bars that can be used..like the regular lat pull down bar--but that's not comfortable---it needs to be bent --it just feels better. The one sort of cambered bar they have is one of the new high tech ones with 3 extreme slopes in the angle and they suck if u have larger hands.

What I don't understand is how the FUCK did this place take TWO YEARS to build from the ground up and the.. (get ready...this is a DOOZY}

Ready???

U sure your ready?? If not I'll wait....

Ready yet?? Okay...here we go...

What I don't understand is how the FUCK did this place take TWO YEARS to build from the ground up and the pools NOT be open!!
It's not even tiled yet! Just two big long holes.
Not cool...not cool at all. I was sooo looking forward to getting some laps in.

Don't get me wrong--I'll for sure be going back. But I also be going back to Eastern and Maryland too.

If I built a gym I would try to get all the machines plate loaded rather than limited by stacks. Especially on something like the machine pullover, really needs to be plate loaded because the full stack isn't nearly enough weight for advanced trainers.

If I built a gym I would try to get all the machines plate loaded rather than limited by stacks. Especially on something like the machine pullover, really needs to be plate loaded because the full stack isn't nearly enough weight for advanced trainers.

selectorized are more for women and seniors. if those two came into a gym and only saw free weights and plate loaded pieces they probably wouldn't want to be a member of that gym. i'm with you though, much prefer plate loaded equipment.

vega

I will be in vegas last weekend of the month. LAST thing I`ll be doing is hitting a gym or lifting a weight.

Me too. Returning to see some friends. Lived there for 5 yrs. I'll probably see Aerosmith. I wish the resorts wouldn't keep the pools so cold.

Here are my initial thoughts after going this morning around 2.
It's nice..it really is. To those not used to something this size, it'll seem incredible. However to those of us accustomed to larger gyms, specifically LVAC large, this location is nothing earth shattering. Rainbow, as well as Flamingo are bigger. As mentioned, it is a carbon copy of Decatur..just newer. I saw a bunch of late night lifters like myself from the Eastern location. That was nice.

They're missing some pieces of useful things tho.
-- Overhead tricep extension machine. W T F ???? Sandhill, Maryland, Eastern, Sahara, and Rainbow all have it. Not sure about the other two (looks like this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGrKTxJ9bQ

--barbell clamps?? They're there...but for a place that big, I expected alot more. At 8 pm on a Monday night it's gonna be slim pickings for sure.

--By far the BIGGEST most BASIC piece of equipment that for sure is not there (although I'll confirm tomorrow when I search every fucking square inch) is the regular old cambered bar for tricep press downs.
(looks like this)
https://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/cambered-curl-bar-cable-attachment-28-inches-lo28.html

Awww come on LVAC! I'm pretty sure it's illegal in 41 states to open a fucking 90 thousand square foot gym and NOT have this.
In their defense--there are bars that can be used..like the regular lat pull down bar--but that's not comfortable---it needs to be bent --it just feels better. The one sort of cambered bar they have is one of the new high tech ones with 3 extreme slopes in the angle and they suck if u have larger hands.

What I don't understand is how the FUCK did this place take TWO YEARS to build from the ground up and the.. (get ready...this is a DOOZY}

Ready???

U sure your ready?? If not I'll wait....

Ready yet?? Okay...here we go...

What I don't understand is how the FUCK did this place take TWO YEARS to build from the ground up and the pools NOT be open!!

Don't get me wrong--I'll for sure be going back. But I also be going back to Eastern and Maryland too.
I went yesterday and was not overly impressed. I have been to the one on Decatur up in Aliante so I kind of knew what to expect.

What got me is there's no two and a half pound plates, no 35 lb plates, no pullover machine and no peck deck that you can put your elbows on the pad.

I think I will stick to the rainbow gym where I am currently training now

it is bigger and better.

The number one thing I would do if I bilt a gym, is that I would not be concerned about all the machines coming from the same manufacturers. Some companied versions of a particular piece are greaf and some suck. Another company might be vice versa.

Just there for the boats and hoes? 🤣

Plate loaded machines are the best. None of that cable sticking crap making it less smooth.

If I had the money to open a big gym I’d have a DJ spinning real good music to keep the place hyped up on adrenaline. There’s nothing like real loud high energy music while you’re training. I’d have different styles at different times of day to keep people with different musical tases happy. Hardcore metal hour, gangsta rap hour, techno hour. None of that country shit! Haha 🤣
Obviously, old people wouldn’t want to train there.
Maybe throw in a few stripper poles too. Hahaha 🤣

My guess would be money problems during construction. Some sort of issue with the banks or something of that sort. Was construction going on full time, all of the time, or was there a long period where nothing was going on?

Back to Eastern I go.
I dunno...it's just not for me. Really missing some of machines at Eastern.
So I went there this morning and it was empty. Just the way I like it.
I'll go back to Russel again in the future I'm sure, but for now I'm staying at Eastern or Maryland.

::sidenote::
They wasted no time at all closing their original (first) location on Sandhill. It's gone. They had the only assisted chin up machine that would work for a tall guy--I'm 6'4 and that was the only one in the entire chain where I could go all the way down without my feet hitting the floor. Most of the other locations use that Hoist brand. Sucks if ur taller.

Going to be there in 2 weeks, will deff have to check it out. Heard there are a few very very similar though.

How do you think those of us that live here feel?
I especially miss the Flamingo gym.

loved the flamingo gym. i used to fly in once every few mths for the weekend and trained with wolfe at that club. used to see carrot top at another one. we would talk about the shit he was taking and he was pretty much just grab baggin what ever he had. but it worked, he did get some good size on him

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner