over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Breathing problems at night.

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For last few months i have problem breathing at night. I do snore a lot but lately when i sleep on my back when exhaling my breathing gets interrupted and stops, it suddenly wakes me up and i jump up scared.
Happened twice last night. I feel like there’s a latch or something that closes in my throat and prevents me from exhaling or inhaling. Is this sign of sleep apnea or something else?

Also its mostly when breathing thru my nose, i can inhale fine laying on my back but exhaling thru my nose stops, something closes my air pathway and i cant exhale.
Breathing thru my mouth is fine

For last few months i have problem breathing at night. I do snore a lot but lately when i sleep on my back when exhaling my breathing gets interrupted and stops, it suddenly wakes me up and i jump up scared.
Happened twice last night. I feel like there’s a latch or something that closes in my throat and prevents me from exhaling or inhaling. Is this sign of sleep apnea or something else?

Yes, it very well could be sleep apnea. Your body will let you know if you stop breathing. It happened to me and I would get an anxiety attack sometimes. I would make an appointment with your doctor to be on the safe side.

How much do you weigh? Have you gained a lot of weight?

Could be sleep apnea... Doctor!

Certainly sounds like you have sleep apnea. You need to get a sleep study done. Depending on the number and frequency of occurrences you could put yourself in a pretty serious health risk. If you've gained weight that's more than likely the issue, losing weight should unrestrict your breathing passages at night.

I gained bunch of weight. 5 y ago i was 160lbs. 6 months ago i was 230 lbs, now im 265lbs and this started happening.
Im gonna visit dr soon and see if i can get sleep study done, but i heard cpap machine is pain in the butt.

DOES SOUND LIKE SLEEP APNEA, AT LEAST HAVE YOUR DOC LOOK AT IT. SOUNDS LIKE THE WEIGHT GAIN COULD DFINATELY HAVE CONTRIBUTED. YOU NEED SLEEP, NOT ONLY FOR REST AND GAINS, BUT FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH AS WELL

I gained bunch of weight. 5 y ago i was 160lbs. 6 months ago i was 230 lbs, now im 265lbs and this started happening.
Im gonna visit dr soon and see if i can get sleep study done, but i heard cpap machine is pain in the butt.

Well I have heard that it is a pain in the butt from peeps with mild apnea, but in my experience It's not bad at all especially if it keeps you alive. If you have sleep apnea beyonde mildly, you will get used to it (c-pap) and love it once you get used to it and the productive sleep it allows you to get.

This is actually something I'm involved with on a professional level. This is Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Go see your doc and set up an appointment for a sleep study. Don't try to deal with it yourself (breath right strips, pillow propping, weight loss, palatal devices) the morgue is full of do it yourselfers.

You'll most probably be set up on a CPAP or BiPap machine during hours of sleep. This is one of those things you have to get use to. Sort of like eating your spinach. You won't believe how well rested you can become. As far as the drying out of mucosa...obstructed airway lead to a greater flow rate of gas...too much dry air. When you get set up on your machine, make sure it has a humidity device.

The up side....if your 02 drops too low at night, your doc will prescribe additonal oxygen via a concentrator. Excellent if you lift at home as you can wear 02 while you work out :headbang:

Good luck

BTW PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members