over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Breathlessness on Deca?

GeoBob

Banned
Hi All

I was researching my problem with breathlessness and have not found much to help so I thought it best to start a thread.

My problem is breathlessness that I’m thinking started when I started Deca at 120 mg EOD or 420mg/wk. I started the Deca in the beginning of January.

The breathlessness is very noticeable during work outs and running (or trying to run) and during strenuous daily activity so I think it is an always thing.

I had a CBC before starting the Deca and the numbers were fine and I gave blood about 3 weeks ago and did not notice any difference.

I have been on HRT (140mg of test cyp/week) for a year and half along with HCG and arimidex. I don’t see this as the potential problem since it has not been in the past. I’ve been running 5 miles or more with out problem over the past few years.

I have gained some weight (15 lbs) since November but not enough that I think it could be causing this problem. I think a lot of the weight has been mussel since I have increased my strength steadily.

I did start cabergoline in early January and recently (1.5 weeks) switched to pramipexole.

I have also been using 10ius of insulin (Humulin) before my every other day work outs with a carb and EAAs drink before and during my work outs. I started this in December so it is also a possible contributor but it seems less likely.

I tired GH peptieds and used them from November through December and stopped them in January because I thought they were making my asthma worse. I don’t think it was the same problem but it was a breathing issue. It did seem to stop when I when I stopped the Peptieds but it could also have been the same problem. That felt more like asthma and not shortness of breath.

So now that I have confused you I’ll put the simple question out there. Is it common for Deca or other steroids to cause breathlessness issues.

I have cut the Deca back to 80mg EOD to see if I notice a difference.

Love to get some feed back on this.
Thanks

I usually experience breathlessness on bulking cycles...

Not soley from the gear... but from you putting on so much weight in such a short amount of time.

The body needs time to adjust to carrying another 15lbs that it normally wouldnt be.

Especially if that 15lbs was gained in a short amount of time. Ex. A few months.

Whenever I stop bulking and either maintain or cut... I dont get the breathlessness.

I havent seen any info regarding any sort of compounds, specifically causing breathlessness or problems with lungs, etc.

Maybe some more experienced members have some solid info...

I did a bulking cycle last year that included deca (among other things) and I am currently using it again. I agree carrying around some extra weight can feel clumsy, especially if obtained in a fairly short period of time, however, I can't recall feeling out of breath just from deca. I have asthma as well but still wouldn't say deca has affect it in any way. If all your tests come back clean I would suggest it's the extra weight...especially if you have a smaller frame which isn't used to higher body weight.

Extra weight

Well I definitely feel the extra weight since I can’t bend over and tie my shoes very easily. I had to purchase some new jeans that were 38s rather than 36s because of my belly.

I was going to ask about this in a post. I’m eating about 300 grams of whey protein along with my meals so I’m eating more and feeling it. I really don’t like looking down and seeing a belly that was never there before but I’m assuming it is part of the process of putting on mussel. I have always been very lean so taking weight off should not be a problem once I get done with this Deca cycle but still hard to put up with.

I’d be happy if the breathlessness is the result the extra weight rather than the hormones.

Thanks for the help

Well I definitely feel the extra weight since I can’t bend over and tie my shoes very easily. I had to purchase some new jeans that were 38s rather than 36s because of my belly.

I was going to ask about this in a post. I’m eating about 300 grams of whey protein along with my meals so I’m eating more and feeling it. I really don’t like looking down and seeing a belly that was never there before but I’m assuming it is part of the process of putting on mussel. I have always been very lean so taking weight off should not be a problem once I get done with this Deca cycle but still hard to put up with.

I’d be happy if the breathlessness is the result the extra weight rather than the hormones.

Thanks for the help

Interesting. I have much more trouble with test than deca. I'm very estro sensitive and seem to have a lot of aromatase - so test leads to bloat and I need plenty of AIs and proviron/mast to feel ok. Deca just agrees with me.
Everyone's different.

Just an update, I stopped the deca a few days ago and now and I’m already feeling better as far as getting winded so easily.

I read up on the Masterone and it sounds interesting. While I don’t want to loose my hair or blow up my prostate, the stuff sounds like it’s worth trying. What would I be looking for with lab work to monitor the potential side affects from this stuff.

I have not had my E2 checked since going to aromasin at 18.5 mg twice a day.

I did drop the TRT to 30mg eod and bumped the HCG to 350 ius eod day

Holy crap that is a lot of aromasin. 25mg a day is an extreme dose ... you're at 150% of that. Aromasin will only let you cut down estrogen to a certain level and further dosing will do virtually nothing. You may want to consider trimming that back some.

I know that is a lot of aromasin especially considering the TRT does of Testosterone.

I understood there was a limit to the arimidex/anastrozole and believed that I was at that point with 2.25 mg eod.

When I started the aromasin I was not sure if there was a max dose but I suspect you are correct. I have split the dose of 25 mg into twice a day, hoping for better results. I added in the extra 6-7 mg with each does just for good measure. I have not felt any Low E2 sides yet but I don't know if I would notice them since I have never been low. I actually have no dramitic side effects from high E2 but know I would feel and be better off it the numbers were 22 ug/mL.

I would also like to get a nandle on the control since I would like to try some additional testosterone above my TRT level. As you can see at this time my options are limited

On a positive note (sort of) my breathlessness has definetly cleared up now that I have stopped the Deca. Does anyone think it could have been poor product quality. I now hoping the deca dick subsides some more. I can get it once a night but a second seems to have been enough work to turn my chest blue. I have been taking 1mg of cabergoline a day hoping for an improvement before my supply runs out.

I still have some prami but the sleepy feeling followed by not being able to sleep is a bit of a pain to deal with.

I looked into the Masterone but I'm a little worried about loosing my hair. Its all there now and I'm not interested in loosing it. I might not be in as good of shape as some guys but at least I have my hair and it's still not grey LOL

I have not had my E2 checked since going to aromasin at 18.5 mg twice a day.
It's the Aromasin.
Aromasin can cause difficulty breathing. Ask around. I got this info from Phil a couple years ago when experiencing the same problem. That is a TON of Aromasin. I cut it down and no problems since.

And Masteron is excellent, BTW. Ive run it up to 500mg a week...more wasn't better. 400-500mg is plenty IMO. No problems, but everyone is different, just gotta see how it goes.

Last edited:
It's the Aromasin.
Aromasin can cause difficulty breathing. Ask around. I got this info from Phil a couple years ago when experiencing the same problem. That is a TON of Aromasin. I cut it down and no problems since.

And Masteron is excellent, BTW. Ive run it up to 500mg a week...more wasn't better. 400-500mg is plenty IMO. No problems, but everyone is different, just gotta see how it goes.

Thanks for the input Ehren

I'd like to think it was not the Deca but since dropping the Deca that I was using since the begining of January the problem cleared up. I was at the gym last night and no breathless problem.

I'd like to be able to use the deca with out problem but after 3 months I was having a hard time with deca dick regardless of the prami or caber and the breathlessness was really bad. I tried cutting it down but it did not reduce it much. I figured I had been on it long enough and it was time to take a break.

I'd like not to have to use this much aromasin but my E2 on only 40mg of test eod was 47. I'm going to do a cortisol test soon as I can to see if the problem is not starting there. There is a saliva test that you give four times over a day and it should tell me a little more of what is going on. My liver function test was fine a couple of months back and I was still having this climbing E2 problem.

I am starting to get some joint pain so I may finnaly be low with respect to the E2 but I have thought that before and it was high. I have not experienced the mussel cramps I once experienced when my E2 was high so I think its not real high either.

It is a real problem since I really need to keep running some test or I suspect I'll feel like shit. Before the TRT I was taking 5mg of ritalin 3 times a day just to stay awake. I did that for last 15 years. The TRT made it possible to drop the ritalin and eat with out falling a sleep. I also finnally made some progress at the gym.

AAS is one thing but managing my TRT is most important.

So has the Masterone given you any bad sides like hair loss. Really not interested in that since I still have my hair.

No worries!
Glad you got the breathing worked out.

What's your Free and Total test, if you don't mind my asking?

It's not only about E2 vs Test however. It's about ratios of both, plus SHBG binding a lot of Test, etc. Proviron is good at binding SHBG and creating more free test. Also low toxicity. I'd start there before adding more AI's that jack up your lipid profile.

High E2 and higher Bodyfat are also connected. It's a good idea to get the bodyfat into a lower range if you're having problems with Aromatization. Higher BF means more E2 production. And it can't hurt your breathing any either, to shed some BF.

When trying to smash already high E2, Letro is good. (short term)
2.5mg once a week or 1mg 2x a week, and then keep it low with Aromasin (better on lipids, which Letro will crush). Do some research on Letro, dont take this as gospel...just thinking aloud.

If you've been in TRT a while and had no AI in there, yeah, the E2 will climb. But this doesn't indicate a problem necessarily. It just means you let it ramp up for a bit without controlling it.

On the Masteron and hair: If you are prone to MPB, it makes it worse, yeah and is usually not reversible. If you are not prone to it, and shed a bit, it grows back. Genetics here. Im not prone and dont shed at all. It just doesnt grow as fast. Keeping zinc high has stopped shedding I experienced during my first run from happening in subsequent runs of Mast.

I dont wanna toot Masteron's horn too much, But I use it with TRT. 2:1 ratio. It cuts down aromatization, MAY cause more free test, and is very good for libido.

If you want to get a feel for it, like I said, try proviron. It's not the same, but similar to Masteron and if you dont like it, just stop and it's out of the system quickly.

I got breathlessness right now man, probably from gaining 25 lbs in 4 weeks.....

Never had it happen on deca but i guess everyone is different

No worries!
Glad you got the breathing worked out.

What's your Free and Total test, if you don't mind my asking?

It's not only about E2 vs Test however. It's about ratios of both, plus SHBG binding a lot of Test, etc. Proviron is good at binding SHBG and creating more free test. Also low toxicity. I'd start there before adding more AI's that jack up your lipid profile.

High E2 and higher Bodyfat are also connected. It's a good idea to get the bodyfat into a lower range if you're having problems with Aromatization. Higher BF means more E2 production. And it can't hurt your breathing any either, to shed some BF.

When trying to smash already high E2, Letro is good. (short term)
2.5mg once a week or 1mg 2x a week, and then keep it low with Aromasin (better on lipids, which Letro will crush). Do some research on Letro, dont take this as gospel...just thinking aloud.

If you've been in TRT a while and had no AI in there, yeah, the E2 will climb. But this doesn't indicate a problem necessarily. It just means you let it ramp up for a bit without controlling it.

On the Masteron and hair: If you are prone to MPB, it makes it worse, yeah and is usually not reversible. If you are not prone to it, and shed a bit, it grows back. Genetics here. Im not prone and dont shed at all. It just doesnt grow as fast. Keeping zinc high has stopped shedding I experienced during my first run from happening in subsequent runs of Mast.

I dont wanna toot Masteron's horn too much, But I use it with TRT. 2:1 ratio. It cuts down aromatization, MAY cause more free test, and is very good for libido.

If you want to get a feel for it, like I said, try proviron. It's not the same, but similar to Masteron and if you dont like it, just stop and it's out of the system quickly.

Thans again for the help
As for the TRT, i have been getting free and total testosterone checked with my E2 almost ever 6 weeks since starting and the free and total numbers have been good if not above the range at times. I think the highest free number I got was 399 once. I have been using arimidex since starting TRT injections as well as HCG. I was started on androgel with out any AI or HCG. I got on a couple of the TRT forums and learn a lot and got a lot of help. I have been using 250ius of HCG eod and changed that down to 100 ius for a period to see if that lowered my E2 but it did not. My E2 has been close to 22 a couple of times but since it was ussually high, each time I would increase my AI dose. The number came down several times but then went up again after the next test. So I have been using the AI all along and I seem to be building up a tolarance or something to it if that is possible. I most recently resorted to lowering my testosterone dose to 30mg eod. I have looked at SHBG as part of each testorerone testing and it has never been a problem as far as anyone could tell. I don't recall the number but it was not out of range or high. The total testosterone number has been 800 to 1000 but I understand that is not that important since free testosterone is the key. I even ran bio available testosterone a couple of times.

I'll strongly consider the Masterone as an addition to the mix to see if it helps lower the E2. I'll add the zinc in also and keep an eye on my sheding. I don't see any hair loss as it is so if any shows up I'll notice it. I'll probably also freak out so lets hope that does not happen.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws