over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Brick gets leaner

thebrick

FOUNDING Member / Featured member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
OK, let’s just say it… I let myself get FAT. I admit it! Too much food, too many restaurant meals! The turning point for me was when I saw this picture of myself last Christmas on the beach. If you notice, even the two freakin’ pelicans are dissing me. :D I thought to myself, Brick, you fat ass, its time to quit thinking about this and get started.

So, I contacted Mainevent back in January and asked him if he was… and I think my exact words were… “willing to work with an old sack of shit” hahahaha (I’m 56) He said absolutely! …and then I was on my way with my new diet and program. My intent from the beginning was to get to place where I (hopefully) looked good for my age and was in a condition that I could maintain over the long-term. My priority was that I just wanted to be a much leaner, in-shape 56 year old man. After 30+ years in the gym I have somewhat lost interest in just getting bigger and the size game. The wear and tear I have sustained in my shoulders and knees from the years of heavy training won’t take it at this point in my life anyway. However, I do LOVE training with a passion and being at the gym is something I really look forward to even after 30+ years. The gym is just an essential part of what makes me who I am. I’ll never voluntarily give that up in this life!

So here I am 6 months later. (Another cell phone shot, sorry) I took the process slow and had some cheat meals along the way (thanks for those Chris! Helps with the sanity ;) ) I really like my new leaner look. I am down 22 pounds. I was 216 or so in the beach pic and now I am at 194. I feel awesome at this weight. I want to keep fine tuning from here but I am very happy with where I am vs. where I was and I want to say…
Thank you Mainevent for pointing me in this better direction!

BTW: I am headed back to that same beach soon. I may do a lat spread and then proceed to kick those pelicans asses! :D Snobby bastards.

Attachments

• before-after.jpg
    before-after.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,074
Nice work Brick. I love seeing old farts get themselves in good shape.

By the way, I'm right there with you. I really let myself go and I'm cleaning it up.

Your look good!

OK, let’s just say it… I let myself get FAT. I admit it! Too much food, too many restaurant meals! The turning point for me was when I saw this picture of myself last Christmas on the beach. If you notice, even the two freakin’ pelicans are dissing me. :D I thought to myself, Brick, you fat ass, its time to quit thinking about this and get started.

So, I contacted Mainevent back in January and asked him if he was… and I think my exact words were… “willing to work with an old sack of shit” hahahaha (I’m 56) He said absolutely! …and then I was on my way with my new diet and program. My intent from the beginning was to get to place where I (hopefully) looked good for my age and was in a condition that I could maintain over the long-term. My priority was that I just wanted to be a much leaner, in-shape 56 year old man. After 30+ years in the gym I have somewhat lost interest in just getting bigger and the size game. The wear and tear I have sustained in my shoulders and knees from the years of heavy training won’t take it at this point in my life anyway. However, I do LOVE training with a passion and being at the gym is something I really look forward to even after 30+ years. The gym is just an essential part of what makes me who I am. I’ll never voluntarily give that up in this life!

So here I am 6 months later. (Another cell phone shot, sorry) I took the process slow and had some cheat meals along the way (thanks for those Chris! Helps with the sanity ;) ) I really like my new leaner look. I am down 22 pounds. I was 216 or so in the beach pic and now I am at 194. I feel awesome at this weight. I want to keep fine tuning from here but I am very happy with where I am vs. where I was and I want to say…
Thank you Mainevent for pointing me in this better direction!

BTW: I am headed back to that same beach soon. I may do a lat spread and then proceed to kick those pelicans asses! :D Snobby bastards.

Crazy how it works isn't it? You look huge in your lighter pics. This happened to me as I prepped. As I lost weight people in the gym were telling me how big I'm getting. The same thing is true in your pics. You look like you gained twenty lbs of muscle. Nice work.

Very impressive

I know that your back is a strong point.. let's see a back shot too. :cool:

Oh about bloody time thebrick! I was sipping red wine and nervously clicking on your thread and shit, I drop the bloody glass when i saw your pic and my jaw drop! hahahahahaha! Wow thebrick, you got abs! What does your wife say? Getting alot more sex these days? hehehe! None of my business mate! I dont want to know :p
Impressive transformation changes bro! Alot leaner and nice abs! Great job and well done and STAY LEAN bro and let the Pelicans kiss your arse!
Proud of you mate! :D

BRICK,

You look awesome like this. I came to the same conclusion that you did and have tried to get leaner and stay there. I am not as lean as you are right now, though.

You have done a superior job on yourself. :cool: Just damn impressive!

What does your wife think about the way you look now?

Oh, and we have pelicans around here too. :mad:

You are truely an inspiration Mickey. I think those two pictures speak volumes about the type of work you put in.....all while making things VERY easy on my end.

Like whitenucks said....you dont even look like the same person.

Awesome job!

Oh thebrick, you look way better than Clint Eastwood :) You make my day hehehe!

Nice!

Wow- yes, great abs... they suit your name! Your face look younger too! N

Thank you EVERYBODY for your kind words!!

OJS: Its nice to hear a compliment from my age group and from someone that looks great! Thank you!

Concreteguy: Yes, I agree about getting leaner and looking bigger. Alex and others have preached that here and its true! I have had a LOT of positive feedback from my gym (and at work) about the way I look now. I wasn't really expecting that at all, but its really nice to hear!

Shelby: I don't have any back shots yet. I'll try to get one.

Big Chef, JT: My wife loves my leaner look. She says I look "great and very healthy, I look 10 years younger". I'll leave my bedroom life private :D

Chris, you are the one I want to thank. This is like a new chapter for me. I was feeling a bit "stuck" in my training and diet and now I am on my way again! :)

Last edited:
Now that is what I call change. Damn Mick, you look fantastic. Better than most 21 year olds. Good job mate!!:D

AWESOME!

Brick, that is truly great work you have done to your body, transformed it into a lean machine. Great pics and sounds like having Main in your corner made it even better. Props to you both for making a great team. You look AWESOME!

Mickey!!!! You look healthy and fantastic. I'm sure Chris made you suffer as little as possible ... Lmao! Congrats buddy, you truly look amazing brotha!!!

Brick your transform is down right motivating. It helps me continue to push forward. Thanks man!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131