over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bringing up a lagging body part

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
If someone was wanting to improve a specific body part like chest or back.

Would doing training like Milos’ “Giant set” while incorporating something like higher dose HGH (10iu) with insulin around training on the weak body part day help??

Maybe a very heavy weight day then a hard pump day later in the week?

AAS in use and a 500-700 calorie a day surplus on training days

What has worked for you in the past or what have you seen heard work??

Please be more specific . . . define "improve" . . . sounds silly I know but improve
could mean something entirely different for you than for somebody else; i.e., definition,
shape, etc. (Gunsmith . . . I could write a book on this . . . my entire body is one
lagging body part :(.)

PS . . . more drugs are rarely, if ever, the answer. Drugs effect the entire body,
not a specific body part. You don't sleep with one eye open.

PPS. And training a 'weak' body part more, unless neglected entirely, is not where
I would direct my effort. (If that were the case, no bodybuilder would have a weak
body part.)

Anyway . . . just something to ponder.

I know aj sims talks about having the extra food the day before to fill the glycogen up. I see it that way but also using hbcd intra with slin

Please be more specific . . . define "improve" . . . sounds silly I know but improve
could mean something entirely different for you than for somebody else; i.e., definition,
shape, etc. (Gunsmith . . . I could write a book on this . . . my entire body is one
lagging body part :(.)

PS . . . more drugs are rarely, if ever, the answer. Drugs effect the entire body,
not a specific body part. You don't sleep with one eye open.

PPS. And training a 'weak' body part more, unless neglected entirely, is not where
I would direct my effort. (If that were the case, no bodybuilder would have a weak
body part.)

Anyway . . . just something to ponder.

I mean improve I mean making it bigger , say someone has a smaller chest (disproportional) from say not being Able to train it hard for some reason like elbow injury , of weak legs from having a bad one that’s now fixed

High frequency ala fortitude is treating some lagging parts very well. Everything gets trained three times a week in 4 sessions over a variety of rep ranges. For instance A day where you load the muscle, a day where you pump ‘em up and a day where you use a cluster-type of set (muscle round). Combined with weighed stretching!

how can you get a chest like Arnold? be a sibling of arnold would be your best chance.
did dennis wolf ever bring up his cales?
can phil heath ever have wider clavicles?
did milos ever bring up his lagging biceps? (w/ out synthol)
i could go on and on.....
Love ya Gunsmith so not trying to be debbie downer but genetics are what they are.
i will tell the story again bout one of my best friends. he is 45 years old been training since a teenager. is a personal trainer for over 20 years and a top 10 nationals competitor. his legs have ALWAYS been lagging. a year or two ago his gym got a vertical leg press machine. he said "this is the year, with that vertical leg press i am finally going to bring up my legs..."
ya think it worked?
-F2S

how can you get a chest like Arnold? be a sibling of arnold would be your best chance.
Love ya Gunsmith so not trying to be debbie downer but genetics are what they are.
i will tell the story again bout one of my best friends. he is 45 years old been training since a teenager. is a personal trainer for over 20 years and a top 10 nationals competitor. his legs have ALWAYS been lagging. a year or two ago his gym got a vertical leg press machine. he said "this is the year, with that vertical leg press i am finally going to bring up my legs..."
ya think it worked?
-F2S
Some people can bring up lagging body parts and others can't. There are plenty of examples on both the pro and amateur level demonstrating this. Getting lagging body parts up to par with the rest of the body is a different story, you can't change your bone structure

Some people can bring up lagging body parts and others can't. There are plenty of examples on both the pro and amateur level demonstrating this. Getting lagging body parts up to par with the rest of the body is a different story, you can't change your bone structure

when i competed my strategy was to NOT train my best parts and continue to train my less than great body parts. for example my delts and calves are the largest most perfect muscles on my frame. i never trained calves and only did light dumbell lateral raises. if i went all out with em they would make my arms seem small in rear double bicep pose. my calves were so damn big they bout took attention away from my quads lol

my goal was perfect symmetry, which i guess i achieved i got a perfect score when i was in my prime. Shawn Rays advice to me tho was different, he said "hell, some guys are only know for 1 or 2 body parts so blow your delts and calves up big as you can..."
-F2S

ya think it worked?
-F2S

100% correct in everything you state and you can't beat your genetics (excluding syntherol).

However...

Everyone with a weak body part can improve it. It will take more time and effort but it can be improved. The amount of effort put in to the results produced may make you cry but it can be improved. If it's their chest it will never look like Arnold's and if it's their back it will never look like Joel Stubbs but 100% most people who have weak body parts can improve them over time.

It all comes down to form and execution. Such minor details from the way you have set up to the angle you lift/pull to and 101 other things can make a big difference over time. There are a few guys known for their knowledge with exercise execution so I suggest watching every video possible and getting your form 100% to where you are effectively hitting the target muscle. Improving your mind muscle connection is extremely important. You mention your back and that is a very common area people struggle to connect with (myself included). You mention your chest and I was lifting heavy for years with a pathetic chest but I have improved it a lot by focusing on execution and connection.

I must add whilst progressive overload is vital people need to get this lifting as heavy as possible out of the brains especially when it comes to weak body parts. Perfect the form/execution then look at getting stronger over time. Once the execution and exercise selection is sorted then you can look into volume and frequency.

Obviously being loaded with nutrients and utilizing insulin on training days etc etc aren't going to hurt either.

One arm movements for back. Neutral grip pulldowns instead of pronated grip. Lats are worked better for some reason. Take time with your reps. Back and chest has been main focus lately and slowing down the reps help tremendously. Also yeah...in the past I did certain slin days to help lagging bodyparts.

dropping weight on the barbell to what you used to be able to do, slowing down reps - slowing them WAY down, really feeling the mind-muscle connection has helped me start to bring up my chest. I'm in the exact same situation you described, a shoulder injury a year ago forced me away from training chest. Ironically, I started training shoulders before I was able physically to get to chest, I could hit shoulders hard but still chest caused me a lot of pain so I had to bide my time on rehab and trained around it.

So, I'm in the midst of bringing it back up. I think if thats your case, then just being consistent with your training will bring the body part back up. Its not a genetic deficit, its an injury you're recovering from. You'll get there with discipline.

ps BBoy gave us the tip to really slow down reps. I picked it up and ran with it and that shit WORKS. It also has the added benefit of feeling a little more "careful" if the bodypart has given you trouble in the past due to injury. It feels less reckless and wild than pumping the barbell quickly like I used to do in my 20s...

You can absolutely improve. My arms (bis, tris, forearms) and shoulders (all heads) were never anything more than mediocre. Fast forward and i get compliments on both and people asking me what I do for them. Same for hamstrings. My chest and quads were good but theyve gotten a lot better too.

You cant change the shape of a muscle but you can make it bigger (better). It just may take longer than you want it to.

I mean improve I mean making it bigger , say someone has a smaller chest (disproportional) from say not being Able to train it hard for some reason like elbow injury , of weak legs from having a bad one that’s now fixed

I think that if one had a disproportional body part due to the reasons you stated
you would just have to find movements that do not cause you any pain and do not
further an injury. You can certainly train it ‘hard’ with the correct movements
for you but how successful you are in achieving your goal, I don’t know.

Is it possible to improve that body part? I would say yes. To what degree, I guess,
will ultimately depend on the ‘potential’ of that body part.

Even at a professional level, few physiques, if any are truly proportional. They all
have weakness, body parts that could be larger (or smaller). And these competitors
are, for the most part, not battling an injury and have the ability to completely
focus on their weakness and yet they are still unable to be truly proportional.
And having to work around an injury only makes it harder.

I remember watching a video interview with Jay Cutler. He said that he did not
train his legs for several years for symmetry / proportional reasons. This allowed
his upper body to ‘catch up’.

And Franco Columbo had a knee / leg injury and he rehabbed it and he went on win
a Mr. Olympia title (his placing was widely criticized) but then again he was rebuilding
an atrophied leg, regaining the muscle he once had. That’s different.

ya think it worked?
-F2S
Somethings are not for everyone. Easy Day

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws