over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bringing up a lagging body part.??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
If you have a body part that is lagging behind how would you bring it up??
When I was told to bring up my rear delt I started hitting them first so I could train them a bit harder and that seemed to help but then someone asked "wouldn't training them last pre fatigue them so you won't have to do as much" , pre fatiguing a part never made alot of sense in my mind but some swear by it.
What if you hamstring were lagging , would you hit them first on leg day , or dedicate an entire training session to just hams??
Or say your chest is lagging , would training chest the day after your rest day be a better option so you can train it harder.

What's everyone personal preference for bringing up a weak or lagging body part??

Increase frequency and increase calories on the day of and day after. unless it’s not growing because it’s over trained and then increase recovery. My arms grew the most when I started only giving them 1 or 2 high rep pump sets a week. I think it also depends on the body part because my calves didn’t start growing until I started hitting them very hard 5-7 days a week.

Train them first. Studies support that CNS fatigue and peripheral fatigue will lower muscle fiber recruitment in muscles later in the workout.

Also add volume, but you have to cut volume somewhere else. Like if you wanted to add 8 sets of hams to your total weekly volume, your gonna need to lower some volume from maybe back or quads.

Also, just connection to the muscle. My shoulders got better when I drastically lowered the weight on laterals and actually made the lateral delt move the weight. Think about it, the lateral and rear delt is small, and poorly leveraged to move weight. Lock it in mentally, try different set ups to make that specific muscle move the weight, and hammer it.

..i agree with "train them first"

some other things that come to mind;
>more volume
>IGF-DES site injecting
>site injecting with short esters
>occlusion depending on the body part

Nothing against the fine fine people who are responding here but I would also try asking
your question in the 'Ask the Pro's section'.

Higher frequency and using a wide range of reps split between workouts. If you have weak tris use more close grip pressing for example. But also realize that it is genetic and you can only do so much (minimal). You’re not going to make a night and day difference. You can’t take a weak body part and make it stand out as a strength.

Now don’t act like people who like to shout how calves are genetic while failing to train them, but also realize genetics aren’t limited to calves.

The solution for most with lagging body parts is to find exercises for said body part where they actually feel the muscle squeeze and stretch. Too many people waste years doing the allegedly 'required' exercises with no results.

For example, I get compliments on my rear delts, but I don't do any rear delt fly, rear delt pec deck, or facepulls. I have this weird movement with a very short ROM on a cable-pulley I made up one day that hits it perfectly.

There are no required exercises for muscular development. Increasing training frequency for a muscle you likely already don't feel optimally is only going to increase fatigue.

The solution for most with lagging body parts is to find exercises for said body part where they actually feel the muscle squeeze and stretch. Too many people waste years doing the allegedly 'required' exercises with no results.

For example, I get compliments on my rear delts, but I don't do any rear delt fly, rear delt pec deck, or facepulls. I have this weird movement with a very short ROM on a cable-pulley I made up one day that hits it perfectly.

There are no required exercises for muscular development. Increasing training frequency for a muscle you likely already don't feel optimally is only going to increase fatigue.
No you just genetically have good rest delta... like I have nice traps and I hardly train them ..it has nothing to do with movements..

Hit that shit from different angels and don’t over analyze Charles glass it

My answer would depend upon many factors. But sure I would probably train it first in a workout. If the muscle was a large muscle I would probably have a rest day after training it. Now the main thing 100% would be to look at what movements I use and most importantly the execution of those movements. Take chest for example and how many people are shoulder dominant during pressing movements. Lower the weight, perfect the execution/form then slowly progress in strength with that new execution. Another example could be quads and when they squat it's mainly glutes and hams being activated.

Once execution is sorted over time you could play around with volume and frequency. Although volume and frequency would depend upon many things. Meaning more doesn't always mean more and often less could be more. Now that's not to state for most things I would be looking at training them frequently and even big muscles could be done twice weekly but intelligently. Most train the lagging area more but it should often be trained less but that can be rotated through time.

Then of course you have high carb days which I don't think make a huge difference but if the area is lagging you want to cover all bases. An example is for large areas such as quads or chest I would definitely be having higher carb days around the training session. I would be flooding my system with nutrients around training to optimize recovery. In addition to that comes things such as insulin and/or IGF-1. Later on comes the possibility of syntherol which could be looked at after other areas have been exhausted and if a body part is truly genetically fucked (take many guys arms and calves for example).

I'm going to go off what danieltx said and that it really depends on what body part it is and how you execute each exercise.
Some exercises you just FEEL more...a better mind-muscle connection that way.

1. Choose the right exercises and ones you truly feel.
2. Concentrate on executing perfect reps.
3. Figure out if slightly more volume or slightly more frequency works better
4. Look at different rep ranges.

I've had to do this mostly with my side delts, biceps and legs. All 3 I had to lighten the weight up, find the exercises I felt the most, execute perfect reps (I needed slightly higher rep ranges), add a little bit more volume.

I take the Seth Feroce school of thought with exercise selection. Angles, elbows, inches, etc. Some exercises may not work for you for whatever reason.

Other exercises might just require you to adjust the angle. Try cables instead of dumbells or vice versa.

My shoulders were never a stand out part but I've been complemented on them within the recent past so something I changed has helped. Lighten up the load, change angles, adjust a bench, lean back, lean forward, whatever just make sure you are hitting the muscles you are intending to hit. As simple as it sounds this is what has worked for me.

Most of the time, the part is lagging because it required more volume/frequency in itself, as opposed to other muscles requiring less. It's nothin' too fancy of an idea. Some parts could really be under repair all week long, training eod or whatnot.

Simple stupid answer but I usually try doing workouts that I usually don't use for that body part, what I was doing before wasn't cutting it right?

Means nothing if you're just naturally weak there but it's an idea......

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws