Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Training them LESS often brought them up

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Hitting them at different angles/new exercises brought them up

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • None, i'm screwed. (explain)

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
still experimenting with this, I think I'm getting better results from more often with a little less sets, so instead of 8 sets for biceps I'll do 5 sets two times a week.

everyone is different, i have tried many things but the one thing that really worked was not giving up. i dont think there is one thing, some body parts respend diffferent to different training.

everyone is different, i have tried many things but the one thing that really worked was not giving up. i dont think there is one thing, some body parts respend diffferent to different training.

this is due to fiber type .

Take your 1rm and do as many reps at 80% as you can. If its under 8 reps you are fast twitch dominant for that muscle. OR you could follow menno henselman and just follow his research

imo you're screwed

you think Dennis Wolf didnt try everything under the sun to grow his calves?:lightbulb:

you really think if phil heath works chest more he will over come his narrow clavicles and have a huge chest?:lightbulb:

you think Brandon Curry hasnt worked his ass off trying to bring up his legs?:lightbulb:

Crazy how guys will go COMPLETELY against logic cuz in denial of genetic limitations. :eek:
-F2S

you think Dennis Wolf didnt try everything under the sun to grow his calves?:lightbulb:

you really think if phil heath works chest more he will over come his narrow clavicles and have a huge chest?:lightbulb:

you think Brandon Curry hasnt worked his ass off trying to bring up his legs?:lightbulb:

Crazy how guys will go COMPLETELY against logic cuz in denial of genetic limitations. :eek:
-F2S

:yeahthat:

Generally I see poor execution of exercises. That seems to be really common with chest and back training. If that is the case it doesn't matter how much you train because more of the wrong stuff won't improve you. Yes there are genetic limitations for many and some have such bad body parts there is no hope for them. However for most people improvements can still be made.

There is no right answer as both can be correct. Meaning sometimes guys really need to start increasing volume and/or frequency to get more results. I find this is especially common with lower body training but it can be the same for any bodypart. In other cases they need to back down the volume and this often seems to be the case for arm training for most typical gym goers.

These are just a few things I have noticed in my gyms. You often see guys doing massive amounts of sets for the same exercise with no real intensity going into any of them. That brings me onto the most important factor... intensity. If you are taking a set to complete failure then you won't be able to do too many of those and often doing loads will simply go against you. Different muscles also respond optimally to different things so it's about finding what works best for you through trial/error.

Guys like palumbo and skip suggest less frequency for lagging parts

Guys like palumbo and skip suggest less frequency for lagging parts

I think it depends upon how much someone is currrently training. I think less is more in many ways if intensity is present. Although I do personally love my volume. Although a guy wanting to bring up a body part (let's say arms) if he is training arms only once per week for 30 mins total he would probably be better upping (doubling) his volume. Whereas someone training bi-ceps with back, tri-ceps with chest and has another separate arm day would likely be better lowering their volume to once per week. Everyone has fallen into the own routines and if they have stalled a change (be it up or down volume) usually yields new gains (well hopefully).

The actual bodypart is another factor in this as well. Training your chest once I would up to twice. Chest twice I would lower to once. Now calves twice I would even up to 3 or even 4 days per week. Calves is an exception in many ways and I think they can take a beating and it often takes high frequency for many to see changes if they are a stubborn body part. Although that's not to say training calves once per week is ideal for others either.

My best friend who is sooooo close to his pro card its crazy BUT is 45 years old and been training for over 25 years said this one day to me:

"the gym just got a vertical leg press machine! Now I will get my legs caught up to upper body! This is the year!!!"

Delusional. Do a leg press on your head or side ways or vertically and guess what? its still basically a leg press!?! and size of a muscle is structurally (genetically) determined.
His legs have been behind his WHOLE LIFE. But at 45 with a "new angle" to work the muscle he thinks legs are gonna catch up.:eek:
-F2S

Some body parts get hit often either as a primary or secondary exercise. When I cut back on arms they responded to that. Cant say that worked for legs though.

My best friend who is sooooo close to his pro card its crazy BUT is 45 years old and been training for over 25 years said this one day to me:

"the gym just got a vertical leg press machine! Now I will get my legs caught up to upper body! This is the year!!!"

Delusional. Do a leg press on your head or side ways or vertically and guess what? its still basically a leg press!?! and size of a muscle is structurally (genetically) determined.
His legs have been behind his WHOLE LIFE. But at 45 with a "new angle" to work the muscle he thinks legs are gonna catch up.:eek:
-F2S

Why couldn't you just let him cherish his hope :D

I use more Photoshop on my weak body parts.

-F2S

I loved the vertical leg press machine in my gym. No legday without vertical leg presses. Unfortunately the press was sold last month because its
supposedly too dangerous. SMH

I loved the vertical leg press machine in my gym. No legday without vertical leg presses. Unfortunately the press was sold last month because its
supposedly too dangerous. SMH

My gym doesn't even have a hack squat machine, yet membership costs a fortune. What a joke.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131