over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Broderick Chavez

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've been watching some videos on line with him and he sounds like a very intelligent guy in the field of Nutrition , Training and PEDs but I don't really recall anyone here ever talking about him.

Do any of you guys follow him or his ideas at all.??

I've been watching some videos on line with him and he sounds like a very intelligent guy in the field of Nutrition , Training and PEDs but I don't really recall anyone here ever talking about him.

Do any of you guys follow him or his ideas at all.??
They are all pretty much the same mindset. Alex Kikel, Victor black, Chavez. I follow them all and keep up with their content. They disagree on very few things between the three.

I interviewed Broderick a few years back. Really great guy but id say he analyzes to the point of detriment when it comes to practical application vs theory.
I honestly find that it’s the opposite in Brodericks’ case. I used to follow him a lot until a year ago and as I got into reading more of the literature on training, nutrition and PEDs in my own time I soon realised that his thinking is really outdated on almost everything and he wasn’t really up to date on any of the more recent studies on training or PEDs, but instead he relies on anecdotes and books from the 80s and 90s. He also says some completely ridiculous things in every podcast/live he does which are just flat out wrong, especially when it comes to the sport doping side of things (which is hilarious as he markets himself as this behind the scenes genius drug guy which couldn’t be further from the truth based on some outlandish claims he’s made).

If anyone wants to follow someone to learn how to a adopt a more health oriented approach to PED usage and isn’t great at interpreting their own research, I highly recommend Victor Black’s content. He’s both similar and very different to Broderick when it comes to certain topics regarding cycle design, risk mitigation etc

He also says some completely ridiculous things in every podcast/live he does which are just flat out wrong, especially when it comes to the sport doping side of things (which is hilarious as he markets himself as this behind the scenes genius drug guy which couldn’t be further from the truth based on some outlandish claims he’s made).
Would you mind giving some examples?

I interviewed Broderick a few years back. Really great guy but id say he analyzes to the point of detriment when it comes to practical application vs theory.
I have seen his videos and agree. Similar to Mike israetel in analyzing things to the point of detriment but Mike is able to summarize his point and communicate clearer .

I honestly find that it’s the opposite in Brodericks’ case. I used to follow him a lot until a year ago and as I got into reading more of the literature on training, nutrition and PEDs in my own time I soon realised that his thinking is really outdated on almost everything and he wasn’t really up to date on any of the more recent studies on training or PEDs, but instead he relies on anecdotes and books from the 80s and 90s. He also says some completely ridiculous things in every podcast/live he does which are just flat out wrong, especially when it comes to the sport doping side of things (which is hilarious as he markets himself as this behind the scenes genius drug guy which couldn’t be further from the truth based on some outlandish claims he’s made).

If anyone wants to follow someone to learn how to a adopt a more health oriented approach to PED usage and isn’t great at interpreting their own research, I highly recommend Victor Black’s content. He’s both similar and very different to Broderick when it comes to certain topics regarding cycle design, risk mitigation etc
He does tend to rely on information he learned when he was young. He touts people and methods from the 70's, 80's and 90's almost to the exclusion of any information or anyone from the past 20 years. Although, he is transparent about that to a degree. He admits that he doesn't try to fix what he doesn't view as broken.

I'm hesitant to rely on Victor Black's information. He seems to tout this study as a reason for boldenone being significantly unhealthier than other steroids. But the study is fairly garbage. So, I'm just a little skeptical of both of them.

I'm hesitant to rely on Victor Black's information. He seems to tout this study as a reason for boldenone being significantly unhealthier than other steroids. But the study is fairly garbage. So, I'm just a little skeptical of both of them.
In your opinion why is this study garbage? Garbage is a strong word.

I find Broderick and Alex vaaastly different from Victor.
Victor has nothing interesting to say regarding nutrition and training (or if he does, he doesn't like to talk about it much).
Both VERY different audiences too. Alex and Broderick go for guys interested in competing and/or pushing themselves past plateaus, Victor is truly going for the much less competitive and/or guys finished with that stage of their life.

Broderick is a bit old school but he's entertaining. The only "let me listen to that again" parts of his thoughts have to do with building cycles though.

Peter Bond is the real MVP on this, Aug 28 2021 he addressed this poor study. Not quite paraphrasing, but the major methodological weaknesses included lack of testing on the AAS (given that black market AAS is overwhelmingly fake product in that the contents do not match the label- who knows about some random gym in Italy?), no inclusion criteria mentioned (we don't know whether it's a group or a couple groups of guys that for some reason may have kidney issues), no baseline measurements on kidney measurements, thorough evidence of shoddy work like using a made up formula for kidney volume, not knowing the actual reference range for BUN, not even a prospective study (rather, cross-sectional, with no analysis of what these guys were even taking).

Perhaps garbage was a strong word but I thought the sentiment was appropriate. Main reason is that there are no before measurements of the subjects. So I don’t see how one can draw any serious conclusion from a study with only “after” measurements. There’s other issues with the study but that is definitely the biggest one.

And I think it’s pretty inappropriate to go on to use that to support the stance that boldenone is significantly more unhealthy than other steroids. It’s just my opinion though. That and $3 will get you a gallon of gas. People pay money to read what he has to say. So🤷‍♂️

This is probably what Type-IIx is referring to in regards to Peter replying to the Eq study that Victor has used. He posted this at meso...IIRC after asked by TIIx.

Peter Bond: 9/28/2021
Overall: the English is really poor, makes it a horrendous read and sometimes I'm unsure what's meant. This on its own should already be a red flag: good quality papers are written in proper English. (It's also a low-tier journal in which it's published.)

The authors write: "Data were collected prospectively during medical inspection form the steroid schema, diet lists, blood and spot urine tests and ultrasound results."
I'm not entirely sure what they mean by "during medical inspection form the steroid schema", but regardless, where is this data? I can only find data measured at a single point in time. There is no prospective data. Only measurements at the end of the 12th week are reported.
Either way: this is cross-sectional, not prospective.

There are 2 groups who self-administered AAS, they were not prescribed. How big is the chance that you're gonna find 8 people doing the exact same cycle A and 7 people doing the exact same cycle B to participate in your study? If it's just 500 mg testosterone, sure, with some effort. But:
Group 1 - 12 weeks of:
500 mg testosterone enanthate weekly
400 mg nandrolone decanoate weekly
40 mg methandienone daily
or Group 2 - 16 weeks of:
500 mg testosterone enanthate weekly
300 mg nandrolone decanoate weekly
300 mg boldenone undecylenate weekly
?

Moreover, they did not test the compounds of the participants. The black market AAS is full of crap. They only tested serum testosterone and gonadotropin values. The first was increased and the latter was suppressed. So all we know is that both groups took AAS, including testosterone. But other than that..? God knows.

And how were the participants recruited? This is not reported (sigh). For all we know the subjects in the boldenone group were a group of friends who had something else in common that gave them big kidneys...

The authors also write:
"Twenty two healthy, resistance-trained male volunteers who were using anabolic steroids and feeding with high-protein diets were included in the study."
There were 8 subjects in group 1, 7 in group 2, and another 7 in group 3 ('control'). Does this mean the control gorup also used anabolic steroids? But just not when the measurements were taken or something?

And:
"Testosterone levels were over 15ng/ml and FSH and LH levels were both below 0.100 mIU/ml in all subjects supporting depression of pituitary-gonadal axis."
So the subjects in the control group DID take testosterone?

General signs of sloppiness; kidney volume was calculated by "length x width x depth / 2". Why not multiply by pi / 6 instead of dividing by 2? Like the rest of the world does and how it should be done. It doesn't make that much difference in the end result, but why on earth would you make your calculations less accurate by simplifying a simplified formula even further?
The provided reference range for BUN is "0-38 mg/dL", it's not
The provided reference range for creatinine is "0-0.9 mg/dL", it's not

The parenchymal thickness measurements were either done wrong or the subjects in group 1 and 3 have an issue. Parenchymal thickness is usually between 15 and 20 mm (where the boldenone group fit in). The other groups had a parenchymal thickness of 12 mm.
The renal volumes of the other 2 groups are on the low end as well, although obviously not abnormal. (Group 2 kidney volume is indeed abnormal.)

Finally, if this study made you believe boldenone causes kidney damage, then you should also be inclined to think it causes a lot of weight gain. The boldenone group was 11 kg heavier than the other AAS group while sharing the same height (albeit that this large difference was not statistically significantly different from the other 2 groups).
"BuT BaSeLiNe MeAsUrEmEnTs WeRe NoT rEpOrTeD", exactly, neither were they for all kidney measurements.

You cannot possibly attribute an effect to a certain steroid in a cross-sectional study in which the participants self-adminstered AAS without testing the substances they administer. Let alone in a poorly done study like this one. (I have more comments about this paper, but jesus.)

Correction...I meant to state cmryan on my post above, and not Type-IIx. My apologies. TypeII answered for cmryan, and i believe he was paraphrasing from the same Peter Bond response that I posted after him.

I've listened to a good amount of Chavez on interviews and have never been particularly impressed.

But to give him a fair judgement I decided to purchase some of his premium content so I got his TRT To Sports HRT ebook, knowing his stuff is not aimed at bodybuilding but has become popular in it. In general I found nothing particularly useful for me or likely any truly advanced bodybuilder. His recommendations are things that smart bodybuilders have done for years and things that have been discussed here for a long time. I was shocked he never mentioned GH as he's quite an advocate for it and I'd add that to testosterone before anything else. It seems like the book is aimed at people who are new to TRT or have no clue on valid additions and for them it is an excellent introduction.

What I did find useful was his comprehensive yet short explanations of compounds and blood work. He says liver enzymes for the enhanced should be below 1.2x the top of the range and I once had a local doctor who's a bodybuilder tell me he isn't concerned with them until they're over 100 which is very close to 1.2x. There's also history on when and by whom compounds were created.

If you soak up all the knowledge on compounds here that you can this book is not for you; if you don't it's an excellent way to get up to speed on adding to TRT and doing it in a smart way.

I do like Chavez’s ideas on building a cycle and cycle duration.

It’s rare you see guys titrating dosages. Now I’m not real sure that his mg/kg stuff holds water, but the ramping makes sense.

Your genetics will be the glass ceiling on how FAST you can lay down tissue. If everything perfect…diet/training/recovery….400mg total might be plenty to max 190lb bob to 194lbs in 5 weeks. But it’s gonna take 650mg to Max bob accrual for weeks 5-10 to go from 194-199lbs. Then it’s gonna take 800mg total to max accrual bob from 200 to 207lbs weeks 10-16.

Bob doesn’t need 800mg week one…protein turnover governor is bobs genetics. It’s just more systemic stress at 800mg.

ANDDD he might be totally fucking wrong. Maybe 800mg raises the tissue accrual speed limit, might not.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws