over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

broke the 405 bench press barrier

dr intensity

Registered
hey guys,
i just broke the 405 bench press barrier, i was all charged up for my chest shoulder tricep workout today....

untill last week i was pressing 365 x 10 on declines and 365 x 7 on inclines---i usually start with declines and then inclines pressing

TODAY after my warmup--i told my training partner lets start with inclines--and i just added 4 plates each side--my partner was looking at me as if i am out of my head, maybe i did not realize its 4 plates a side...he pointed it out to me..i just shook my head...went under the bar.... did 405 x 6 reps (last one was the forced rep)...MY FORM CAN NEVER GO WRONG...

that was fuckin heavy as hell, then i moved on to decline----took a 5 mins break---again 405 x 6 reps no forced rep this time.....fuck man....it was amazing....it was something i had been dreaming for the past 10 years. It took me 10 years to reach 405 x 6 reps...i did it....

i am a "CERTIFIED" 405 X 6 BENCH PRESSER...THIS IS AN AMAZING FEELING AND I COULD NOT HAVE STOPPED MYSELF FROM SHARING IT WITH YOU GUYS, FUCKING UNBELIVEBLE.

DR INTENSITY

I HAVE BEEN ACTING CRAZY SINCE THEN---as if something mystical "kai-greene" like stuff is occuring in my head....lol

Nice!! I can only rep that weight for 1 or 2, lol.

Nice!! I can only rep that weight for 1 or 2, lol.

Thanks Ness...it was crazy .... when i lifted it for the first rep....it felt as if the roof would fall over me...god only knows.... how i did 6 reps, it just happened..:)

next goal for you is 455... lets get it

hey guys,
i just broke the 405 bench press barrier, i was all charged up for my chest shoulder tricep workout today....

untill last week i was pressing 365 x 10 on declines and 365 x 7 on inclines---i usually start with declines and then inclines pressing

TODAY after my warmup--i told my training partner lets start with inclines--and i just added 4 plates each side--my partner was looking at me as if i am out of my head, maybe i did not realize its 4 plates a side...he pointed it out to me..i just shook my head...went under the bar.... did 405 x 6 reps (last one was the forced rep)...MY FORM CAN NEVER GO WRONG...

that was fuckin heavy as hell, then i moved on to decline----took a 5 mins break---again 405 x 6 reps no forced rep this time.....fuck man....it was amazing....it was something i had been dreaming for the past 10 years. It took me 10 years to reach 405 x 6 reps...i did it....

i am a "CERTIFIED" 405 X 6 BENCH PRESSER...THIS IS AN AMAZING FEELING AND I COULD NOT HAVE STOPPED MYSELF FROM SHARING IT WITH YOU GUYS, FUCKING UNBELIVEBLE.

DR INTENSITY

nice job bro. i find your 365 for 7 on the incline impressive as well

I reached my peak about 8 years ago benching 405 for a one rep max. nowadays my shoulders are all messed up and I no longer barbell bench. I now do 125 pound dumbells for about 8 reps, which i'm sure is nowhere near a 405 max bench

way to go brother. next stop 495!!!:headbang:
i remember having huge mental blocks at 315 and 405....i didnt get into the 500s until my late 20s so i was stronger mentally.

in any event - huge victory! congrats brah!

nice job bro. i find your 365 for 7 on the incline impressive as well

i`ll tell you a little story-
2-nhalf years back i was bench pressing 315-325......was in a self doubt state,
at that time, there were 2 guys whom i spoke to
1. Mr Dusty Hanshaw- i told him my lifting poundages are this---this---this and this.... and i asked him WHAT DO U THINK, do you think i have it me? you know what he said "i am absolutely sure you will achieve your goals" just stay focused. He was the first one to tell me that i can do it.

2. Mr Dorian Yates- i told him the same and asked him the same question, he said--"it`s up to you man, if u wanna do it you`ll do it".

and today 2011 feburary suddenly i did it....its even harder to describe the feeling...

i never ever in my life tried to prove anything to anybody, but to myself and this day i see myself as i have proved something to myself----i am getting toooo kai-greeneeee...lol

i just won my first MR-OLYMPIA..

Congrats!!!

That's awesome brother... That's why I love bodybuilding and lifting... Gives me a way to keep challenging myself! I'm waiting for Tenny to chime in on this thread and ask you "what's next?":)

Congrats! I bet you feel awesome right now!!!

Cant wait till i do 405 for reps.

I was recently reading an article by Charles Linster who broke the record for pushups in the mid 1960s. His record was 6,006 consecutive.

Anyway, he definitely said that during training he got really in tune with telling when his "good days" would be.

I realize his feat was more of an endurance one, but it truly is fun when you have those good days.

Anyway, congrats on your "good day" and here's to more such days for all of us.

That's awesome brother... That's why I love bodybuilding and lifting... Gives me a way to keep challenging myself! I'm waiting for Tenny to chime in on this thread and ask you "what's next?":)

i am really afraid of tenny...he is senior to me bodybuilding wise, and he`s usually angry at me...lol:)

Last edited:
nice in the 400 club i can only dream

I reached my peak about 8 years ago benching 405 for a one rep max. nowadays my shoulders are all messed up and I no longer barbell bench. I now do 125 pound dumbells for about 8 reps, which i'm sure is nowhere near a 405 max bench

i bet you are close. the first time i did 405 i was doing 140's for 2 sets of 8, after 4 sets of heavy bench. ur probably pretty close to 405, at least 365 i would say

I HAVE BEEN ACTING CRAZY SINCE THEN---as if something mystical "kai-greene" like stuff is occuring in my head....lol

Are you saying that you are starting to have a craving for grapefruit?:eek:;)

Great job for sure! Feels great to exceed your goals. May I ask if it was on a smith or an incline barbell press? If you are gettin 6 at that weight you could certainly "max" one rep at 435. What is your single bench press personal best on a flat barbell press and what is your BW? And again props to you as those are some impressive numbers.
hey guys,

DR INTENSITY

Congrats. I still remember benching 405 x 1 rep for the first time. 1987, junior year in hs. I had no idea what I was doing, but had a boatload of the old syntex 2902 candies that I ate all day long back then along with the BSF program. I was lifting in a meet they used to call Buckeye/Penn or Penn/Buckeye. I was competing at 187lbs and had to shed like 8 pounds in the last day. I had did maybe 20 lbs more the previous week, but I eeked out that 405 and my nose starting bleeding shortly after.

What uneducated idiots we were back then. Had some nolvadex, nothing else. Pyramid abombs, para, and deca and then crash like an equally hormonal version of Ronnie from Jersey Shore crying at Hallmark commercials and Dirty Dancing off cycle. I can only imagine my blood levels at that time. No shocker I have massive shoulder issues now. I'll never sniff that weight again.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws