over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

brown rice or white rice?

Milling removes the husk from the grain and turns the brown rice to white.
My vote is brown!!

just eat fruit!:lightbulb:

Not sure if you have this store around you but"Trader Joe's" has great rice...brown rice pre-cooked with grain. all u do is heat it up in the microwave for 1min.
They also have frozen pre-cooked organic and reg white and brown rice with grain.
only 3min in the microwave...and it tastes great

I like some tabasco sauce or franks red hot on my brown rice. Goes great with chicken or steak.

So I went out and bought some basmati rice because of this thread. I did not like it at all compared to jasmine rice. The basmati had a real earthy smell and very dry. Jasmine stays somewhat moist and has a great flavor. I will try another brand of the basmati. If that is no good I will just stick with regular long grain brown or uncle bens converted white rice.

try basmati rice, did me fine all the way through 2 contest preps :)

uncle ben's "ready rice" - cooks in microwave in 90 seconds...

I also use a rice cooker at home to cook Jasmine white rice...with 2 tbls of EVOO.

Brown Rice takes a considerable amount more time to cook that white rice in my experience.

uncle ben's "ready rice" - cooks in microwave in 90 seconds...

I also use a rice cooker at home to cook Jasmine white rice...with 2 tbls of EVOO.

I eat the Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Ready Rice with a pound of porkloin or chicken. Goes really well with it and its super easy. :D

I love brown rice. I could eat a plate full. It takes longer but it worth the wait. It has a nice texture. I either have that or basmati rice. Basmati and Jasmine is nice too.

i soak da brown-rice in water now for about an hour before cooking it in rice cooker. this made it much easier to chew but still hard comparing it to white rice. ihave it here but idont eat it as much... i like jasmine rice da best.

Hi shortyshort,
Why don't you boil brown rice, maybe you didn't cooked rice well.
I eat boiled brown rice in lunch as they are great in dieting.

White rice during off-season, brown rice only during contest prep. The "Success Rice" instant brown and white rice is excellent. Try adding a Tablespoon of EVOO, sea salt and pepper per package of rice and enjoy.

i soak da brown-rice in water now for about an hour before cooking it in rice cooker. this made it much easier to chew but still hard comparing it to white rice. ihave it here but idont eat it as much... i like jasmine rice da best.

If you brown rice is hard to chew, you must not be using enough water. Brown takes 3/4c or so of water more than white rice.

I have tried many brown rice and most taste like card board. The only one I buy and enjoy is Tsuru Mai California brown rice. It's only at some grocery stores, Savemart has it.

I like white rice I digest it faster and it dosent bloat my stomach like brown rice

Brown rice is slower digesting and has a different carbohydrate make up. Its better for loosing weight or fat because it doesn't cause as high of an insulin response as white rice. White rice is good post workout meal. While brown rice is better pre workout.

Cooking brown rice is not a science project, however did try few brands untill found the one I like best. I cook up twelve servings of brown and put in containers to eat pre-workout for my slow digesting carbs and twelve servings of white for post work-out to get some fast digesting carbs in me. It does take few mins. longer to cook than white.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131