jayl19

Registered
is there really much different between say,

white bread and brown bread?
white pasta and brown pasta?
white rice and brown rice?
white spuds and sweat spuds?
brown oats and white oats?

i used to always eat white bread as my main carb intake and sometimes white oats and white spubs, last few years i recon iv been eating about a 50/50 mix of white and brown carb foods, dont think theres much difference

am eating now maybe

200g wholemeal oats
6 slices brown bread
2 white potatoes
450g white pasta

Depends on your goals really if bulking it almost doesn't matter since you merely want to move the scale and get bigger but if you are focusing on a leaner look or just want to be healthier in general I'd honestly say the best bread is none at all. White bread is not insulin friendly and brown/wheat isn't really any better. There's a reason oats and yams and sweet potatoes keep showing up on guys diets. White bread should never be viewed as a carb source and certainly not your main one

Didn't even know there were brown and white oats. I eat porridge oats, what would that be? There sort of a brownie white

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

All depends on how you process the carbs that is the bottom line some people process them different. Have you ever seen a fat Asian person besides sumo wrestlers???

All depends on how you process the carbs that is the bottom line some people process them different. Have you ever seen a fat Asian person besides sumo wrestlers???

**broken link removed**

Not much of a difference. You can diet on whites

my body prefers white rice over brown. Brown bloats me up and makes me feel shitty.

Yes all the time, you must not see/know many asians. I'd say the majority of Asians I know would be termed soft

Your body can't tell the difference

We make this shit too complicated.

Your body doesn't know if you ate 50g of white rice or 50g of brown rice, 75g of red potatoes or 75g of brown potatoes, or 50g of protein from chicken breast or 50g of tuna.

Don't make this too complicated.

i dont think its going to matter much,and brown usually= gas from hell for me

Find what carbs work best for you , brown rice and oats bloat my gut and kill my appatite so it stick to sweet potatoes and fruit with some white rice and honey or jelly post workout

it all boils down to what your body digets well the actual differance is how the carbs are used is nill , i ran a series of blood glucose test with differant carb sources and the actual spike in blood sugar was insignificant between them all

read here
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...3527-blood-glucose-test-fruit-vs-complex.html

Didn't even know there were brown and white oats. I eat porridge oats, what would that be? There sort of a brownie white

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yeah me neither, but i spotted them in asda a while back "asda wholewheat Scottish oats", nicer then the normal oats, less mushy

hmmm contradicting replys as always haha :D

i only tried brown rice once years ago, so i give that another try, and iv never tasted brown pasta so i try that as well,

also what the hell is a yam???? i dont think we sell them in uk

**broken link removed**

ROFL something is wrong with that baby good god that is MASSIVE! I might have to take that back haha re phrase it how many fat Asian people have you ever seen haha. But seriously it all comes down to how your body processes it I think almost anything in the right moderation is ok.

Last edited:
The whole brown vs white has gotten blown out of proportion because of the gi index scale. The only issue with this is that this scale is base on eating only that particular carb alone with no other macros. I doubt anyone here is just eating a bowl of rice by it self with no meat or incidental fats.

I agree with what most of the guys here posted, eat what your body processes better.

the fiber from brown rice is the reason why I choose brown over white. It helps when you have a high protein diet to get all your fiber in.

the fiber from brown rice is the reason why I choose brown over white. It helps when you have a high protein diet to get all your fiber in.

That's what I use veggies for, much more fiber and zero bloat.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131