over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bruce Lee as a MMA fighter....?

Duh, it was Bruce Lee who came out with that statement. Ever saw enter the dragon? Im a bigger Bruce Lee fan than you but Im also a realist. Bruce Lee was a Martial artist but he was no fighter!

Hey Wolf..we agree on this one!! lol

I usually refrain from entering into these "hypothetical"
types of conversations, but a healthy dose of reality in
my opinion, especially in this particular case, might not
be a bad idea . . .

The body weight
component is just something you cannot dismiss, regardless of
how hard you try and will preclude a smaller man beating a
bigger man in most, if not all, situations.

Mystique is one thing, reality is another.

Remember Kieth Hackney VS Emmanuel Yarborough ?

Remember Royce Gracie VS Dan Severn?

Remember Royce Gracie VS Kimo?

Reality?

I'm so sick of reading stuff written by supposed "experts" who go off about reality!

Fact= My close friend (who'm I can't name for obvious reasons) is an average caucasian in every respect except one. He trained for 2 years from sun-up to sun-down at Aspen Martial Arts Academy under the teaching of Dan Inosanto & William Cheung. Dan is a martial artist master of several stick & sword fighting arts, mostly Filipino Kali & Escrima. William is the 34th Grandmaster of Wing Chun Kung Fu. William told my friend he had the Fastest hands of any WHITE man he'd ever met.

My friend could strike 7 to 9 times per second. That''s about 1/2 as fast as a MAC10 or an UZI.

Asking whether Bruce could effectively compete against todays MMA fighters ON STAGE, is like asking whether Royce Gracie could compete effectively in a gunfight against Bob Munden! (worlds fastest shot) Yes, MMA is as different from streetfighting as it is from gunfighting. You see, Bruce wasn't into SPORT fighting, he was into REAL fighting. Don't give me any crap about "the movies", he was a fighter first (for decades prior) & an actor second.

Wing Chun isn't about fighting brute strength with brute strength. Like Aikido, it's about investing the least time & energy into FINISHING a confrontation.

Most guys babbling uneducated crap against Bruce (& Wing Chun by extension) are probably used to facing semi-trained opponents, not proper Wing Chun fighters. Boxing the brains out of some guy who's only half assed qualified to dance around in a dojo throwing spinning back kicks & reverse punches isn't like like trying to keep from getting blinded by someone who's mixing eye gouges with punches to the face & THROAT at 7-9 strikes per second.

Biting & eye gouging are illegal in MMA. Bruce had an entire chapter on biting in one of his books. Eye gouging is part of Wing Chun. To ask a Wing Chun fighter to refrain from gouging (& biting where appropriate) is like pulling the fangs & claws from a lion, then tossing it into the Octagon with Dan Severn or Ken Shamrock.

Comparing MMA & real streetfighting is like comparing apples & oranges.

Before you start laughing at the "sissy" techniques of biting, gouging & throat attacks, just try scratching your eyeball lightly with your fingernail. Increase the pressure as you feel "man" enough. When you can HONESTLY say you could take full power gouges in the eyes along with punches in the eyes, mouth, nose, clavicles & throat & still fight back, then you can resume talking as though you actually know something...

PS, does anyone remember the look of confused helplessness Joe San had when Kieth Hackney finished him off on the floor with hook punches to the nuts???

I'd like to add that the only time I've ever seen a supposed Wing Chun fighter fight in MMA he lost horribly. He wasn't Bruce Lee though, was he?...

lets take this alittle further

MMA VS. Krav maga(SP?)or similar fighting techniques.
one is specifically designed for a ring and one is designed to kill.

That is how the whole mma thing got started. The gracie's told all the fighters in the world to come and fight. Guys like bruce lee showed up and go their ass kicked. Do some research there are some videos of the early days. Dudes like Bruce lee jumping around, the BJJ guys would just wait until the nonsense was complete then tackle them and joke them out. If you can't wrestle you can't fight. END OF STORY

You have no idea what your talking about.

Yeah baby, him and Chuck Norris would have take on the world just those two could have handled 20 Fedors at least.

Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

You have no idea what your talking about.

What you thought I was serious? Did you see my other posts? :rolleyes:

What you thought I was serious? Did you see my other posts? :rolleyes:

Look Wolf you and I both know that...these mma guys are lucky that no one in mma has perfected the dreaded one finger punch. Or the krane kick..like danielson use to use!! lol

Look Wolf you and I both know that...these mma guys are lucky that no one in mma has perfected the dreaded one finger punch. Or the krane kick..like danielson use to use!! lol

Oh yeah the krane kick, also when you wash your car you must remember to wax in wax out as well, lol! How about drunken master style? Would that work in mma? You must actually be drunk for it to be effective.;)

Its a good job that they dont let women compete with men in mma or that girl in Crouching Tiger would be flying all over the octagan and making us men look stupid:rolleyes:

I respect what Bruce Lee did for martial arts and for movies. I'm sure if he were in his prime and could get proper training he'd do well against other 120 pounders.

I also must say that the wind from his speedy eye jab (as seen in Enter the Dragon) actually killed some of the extras standing around. True story.

Chuck Norris pushes the earth down during push-ups. Yet Bruce Lee warps the universe and creates a black hole during one finger push-ups.

Clearly he is a godish man with a ton of charisma.:st:r-wars

Never doubt the Bruce.

he would get workedby anyone with a ground game.

You can not survive with standup alone and be sucessful. You can win some fights, but as soon as someone takes you down... game over.

the legend of Lee would take a hit and people would cry...

it would be a sad day.

UFC/MMA is a sport. There is just about no way to win fighting outside of your weight class in a sport fight. You are going to get mangled whether you are Bruce Lee or John Doe. A nasty mean old man can beat a bigger man in a street fight if he is willing to kill his opponent quickly before his opponent can.

Bruce Lee's fighting system was very much about the throat punching and eye gouging. It was and still is combat oriented. The best defense against a larger opponent is to shoot him in the back while he is sleeping.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws