over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bruce Lee as a MMA fighter....?

Im just curious to see where you guys would rank him in todays world of MMA fighting.

Pound for pound he would definately be at the top in my opinion.

It's really impossible to say or compare. I do believe in his day though,,Bruce Lee was the baddest man on the planet.

His tremendous speed at his exhibitions is what go him noticed for movies.

Well look at imdb Bruce Lee (I). He done his first film when he was just 1 years old and he was the main star at 4 years old. This guy was born to make films not to fight. And all the top american mma guys are all ex college wrestlers, well most of them.

dude it bruce f uckin lee. he would own people

Yeah baby, him and Chuck Norris would have take on the world just those two could have handled 20 Fedors at least.

Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Judging by his speed & quickness & reflexes he would have fared
well with people close to his weight class. I've seen some 150lb dudes
that could fight put a beat down on some 250+ guys.
I think he's comparable to Pacquiao, Roy Jones & Anderson Silva
speed wise & these guys have all beaten bigger opponents
with speed.

there s an mma-type fight (throwing, grappling striking and kicking) in one scene in the beginning of "enter the dragon"
he was way ahead of his time..

Bruce Lee was tested a lot off screen. I believe Bruce and Bolo got into a real fight on the set of "Enter the Dragon" and Bruce whooped his ass :D

What you all have seen of Bruce Lee was choreographed fighting for MOVIES.

Don't just say "ground and pound" and dismiss him.

I am sure he would have done well, but the fights would not nearly be as dramatic or fun.

I was appreciating more the 2 finger (perfect form) pushups... crazy stuff.

Combined with 1 inch punch, etc which is just conditioning for something probably never meant to be used inside a ring but for real combat.

i watched some documentary about after the sholins of china were broken up they went underground and were like gangs. No one could stop them, so they asked for help from some really hard core MA and he single handedly took down the sholins. He trained by punching on hard things ultimately training on hitting steel plate. he said that once your body can hit steel with force, hitting a body doesn't give much resistance. This was not sport fighting but real life and death fighting. So taking one in the head to get close to this guy just won't work because your head would split. He'd have to make a huge miscalculation and miss you completely for the take down. But the guy single handely took out the triad so I'm sure he was a bad ass mofo.

THE BEST

he was then and he would be now! forget all that movie choreography, it was only ever done in movies. he beat all challengers on the set of Enter the Dragon. he never kicked head height out of movies and he never stopped learning!

Last edited:
bruce lee first and foremost was a fantastic athlete and and unbelieveable driven individual to succede at whatever he did. that being said him just stepping in an mma ring wiht the rules the way they are and the difference in combat styles he may not fare too well. however i believe if he trained for that he would be one of the best in his weight class. remember he would out train anyone else in the sport and would work and work and work until he was the best. thats just what he did in every facet of his life.

I still cannot understand why people would compare him to real fighters, the guy has been a movie star since he was born. They should compare him to jet-Li, Jackie Chan ect but not to real fighters. Has the guy ever taken a real punch in the face? I think Jacie Chan is just unbeleivable for his age and Jet Li is as fast as a.... well Jet. This reminds me of the time Van Damm got knocked out by his former bodyguard Chuck Zito, movie stars and real life tough guys are a big difference.

he was then and he would be now! forget all that movie choreography, it was only ever done in movies. he beat all challengers on the set of Enter the Dragon. he never kicked head height out of movies and he never stopped learning!

You mean at the art of fighting without fighting;)

You mean at the art of fighting without fighting;)

I guess a statement like this might be coming from somebody that couldn't probably punch their way out of a paper bag. You have to remember that many of the great Martial Artist during his era were at first skeptical of Bruce Lee but later vouched for his authenticity as a real fighter not just as a choreographer or stunt person in the movies. Use some common sense, because if Bruce Lee was not a top Martial Artist and just an entertainer, he would have been exposed as a fraud a long time ago.

Last edited:
It would be intersting to see him in a UFC cage..

I guess a statement like this might be coming from somebody that couldn't probably punch their way out of a paper bag. You have to remember that many of the great Martial Artist during his era were at first skeptical of Bruce Lee but later vouched for his authenticity as a real fighter not just as a choreographer or stunt person in the movies. Use some common sense, because if Bruce Lee was not a top Martial Artist and just an entertainer, he would have been exposed as a fraud a long time ago.

Duh, it was Bruce Lee who came out with that statement. Ever saw enter the dragon? Im a bigger Bruce Lee fan than you but Im also a realist. Bruce Lee was a Martial artist but he was no fighter!

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views